Windows 10: VS2017 message: publishing to the selected azure virtual machine has not been enabled

Discus and support VS2017 message: publishing to the selected azure virtual machine has not been enabled in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am looking for help on how to resolve the following informational message when creating a publish profile in visual studio 2017: "publishing to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bstap701, Nov 27, 2018.

1. bstap701 Win User

VS2017 message: publishing to the selected azure virtual machine has not been enabled

I am looking for help on how to resolve the following informational message when creating a publish profile in visual studio 2017: "publishing to the selected azure virtual machine has not been enabled".

I'm trying to set up a new publish profile for my production server. I have already successfully set one up for my development server. Both servers are Azure VMs. They use different network security groups.

I get this message when selecting New Profile->Azure Virtual Machines (click browse), selecting my production server and clicking OK.

VS2017 message: publishing to the selected azure virtual machine has not been enabled 09803a8a-2ccb-4298-a8be-952b89dd4f32?upload=true.png

I have already triple checked my firewall settings on both the VMs and Azure Portal. I don't think these are the cause though because I do not get this message when I choose my db server which doesn't even have IIS set up. My db and production server share an Azure network security resource group.

I'm using VS Community 2017 15.9.2 with an Azure VM and WebDeploy 3.5

C:\inetpub\logs\wmsvc has no logs on my production server but DOES have logs on my development server which makes sense since it's working there.

I tried the "Import Profile" button which seemed promising but get the following message when I click the, "Validate Connection" button:

"Could not connect to the remote computer......ERROR_DESTINATION_NOT_REACHABLE".

I've tried the following references:

https://github.com/aspnet/Tooling/b...ate-asp-net-vm-with-webdeploy.md#SetupDNSName

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ii...and-configuring-web-deploy-on-iis-80-or-later

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/az...d/deploy-webdeploy-iis-deploygroups?view=vsts

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/we...-a-web-app-to-an-azure-vm-from-visual-studio/

https://blog.tallan.com/2017/05/02/deploying-a-site-to-an-azure-vm-using-web-deploy/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/az...ger/resource-manager-common-deployment-errors

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/resource-manager-deployment-operations

:)

bstap701, Nov 27, 2018
  2. SarahKong Win User

Azure Virtual machine creating error

Not seeing the error you posted just the create virtual machine option in azure blade.

I teach azure for a living so let me know where you are stuck at and I can definitely help.

But the easiest and fastest way to create a VM is click create a resource in the top left and then click compute. From there select the o/s you want to create.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-...

SarahKong, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa, Nov 27, 2018
  4. VS2017 message: publishing to the selected azure virtual machine has not been enabled

Azure Virtual Machine VPN

Hello,

I am attempting to set up a shared drive on a Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine running Windows Server 2016 that can be accessed through a VPN from 3 separate locations.

I have set up a Point to Site VPN by following the tutorial on Microsoft's website. Both my local machine (running windows 10) and the virtual server are successfully connected to the VNet. However, the local machine cannot see the server under "networks".
    The odd thing is, the server can see the local machine.

I have gone through the advanced sharing settings multiple times, the server should be discover-able. I cannot find a good example of anyone trying this online. I have tried turning off the fire wall on private networks just to see if that could be preventing
    anything. I can Remote Connect to the server via it's private IP address, but cannot seem to make it visible to my computers network. I'm feeling a little out of my depth here, so i apologize if i've left out any crucial information.

TL;DR: is it even possible to map a shared drive from a server via VPN, if so any suggestions on why a server, connected through VPN, would not show up under networks?

Thanks,

-JE

jacobeddy7, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

VS2017 message: publishing to the selected azure virtual machine has not been enabled

1. VS2017 message: publishing to the selected azure virtual machine has not been enabled - Similar Threads - VS2017 message publishing

2. Unable to enable virtual machine platform.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enable virtual machine platform.: I have a dell inspiron 3505 with ryzen 5 3540 processor running windows 11 and I was trying to run windows subsystem for android and for that I had to enable virtual machine platform.But when I tried to do so, after turning it on from the "turn windows features on or off" and...
  3. Unable to enable virtual machine platform.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enable virtual machine platform.: I have a dell inspiron 3505 with ryzen 5 3540 processor running windows 11 and I was trying to run windows subsystem for android and for that I had to enable virtual machine platform.But when I tried to do so, after turning it on from the "turn windows features on or off" and...
  4. Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform: I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.19043.1826I was trying to install WSL2 but when I was trying to enable Virtual Machine Platform I got this error when restarting: "Failed to update services".I ran systeminfo.exe and checked to make sure virtualization is...
  5. Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform: I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.19043.1826I was trying to install WSL2 but when I was trying to enable Virtual Machine Platform I got this error when restarting: "Failed to update services".I ran systeminfo.exe and checked to make sure virtualization is...
  6. Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Unable to Enable 'Virtual Machine Platform'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Enable 'Virtual Machine Platform': Hello, I need to use WSL2 on my Windows 10 system, HP pavilion CS1000-TX. Whenever I enable Virtual Machine Platform and go for a reboot, the reboot doesnt go through. I witness the HP logo and then a blank screen upon. The only solution I've found is to perform a power off....
  8. Unable to enable "Virtual Machine Platform"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to enable "Virtual Machine Platform": submitted by /u/CautiousCrazy6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvs9sn/unable_to_enable_virtual_machine_platform/
  9. Can't enable"Virtual Machine Platform"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't enable"Virtual Machine Platform": I'm running Windows 10 on ASUS FX705DY AU072T. Windows doesn't boot after enabling "Virtual Machine Platform" and just shows a black screen after showing the windows 10 logo during boot. I've tried it on updated version 1909 and also after updating to version 19041.264 I...
  10. This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine

in Windows 10 News
    This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]At times, when you try to open a file, you may see a Open File Security Warning box saying – This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine, You must unblock this publisher to run this software. [...] This post This publisher has been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. publishing to the selected azure virtual machine has not been enabled

2. publishing to selected azure virtual machine is not enabled\

3. Visual Studio 2017 publishing to the selected azure virtual machine has not been enabled

4. publishing tot he vm has not been enabled,
  5. publishing azure VM not enabled,
  6. publishing to the selected azure vm is not enabled,
  7. vs2017 community publish failed,
  8. publishing to the selected virtual machine has not been enabled,
  9. azure 2016 server virtual web deploy error_destination_not_reachable,
  10. publishing to the selected azure vm has not been enabled,
  11. Publishing to the selected Azure Virtual Machine Machine has not been enabled,
  12. oubliushing to the selected virtual machine has not been enabled,
  13. azure publish from vs2017 fail timeout from vm