Windows 10: VSS is corrupt and need to enable to create backup

Discus and support VSS is corrupt and need to enable to create backup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just inform that VSS is corrupted and enable to create backup. Acronis referred me after doing diagnostic test as to why it could not create a backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FredricJLowe, May 23, 2020.

1. VSS is corrupt and need to enable to create backup

Just inform that VSS is corrupted and enable to create backup. Acronis referred me after doing diagnostic test as to why it could not create a backup with their software. They suggested I contact Microsoft to resolve this.
    Windows 10 version 1903

:)

FredricJLowe, May 23, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Failed to Create Volume Snapshot Macrium Error 0x8004230f VSS Error

Hi, you might try this:
    Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Troubleshooting - Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Troubleshooting

or the free cautious repair tool
    Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro
    - observing the steps and using only the relevant repairs

More:
    How to Fix VSS Errors Step-by-Step

Otherwise I suggest- assuming your disk and file system are sound-
    an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all progs, data and most settings

You need an iso of the same base language and build- freely downloadable.

dalchina, May 23, 2020
  3. D_Watson Win User
    Veeam backups failing since 1803 install with 0x80042306 VSS timeout error

On desktop machine here, post 1803 update, Veeam backups are repeatably failing. Associated event viewer information:

Veeam Agent 'Backup Job DIYNUC' finished with Failed.

Job details: Creating VSS snapshot Error: Failed to create snapshot: Backup job failed.

Cannot create a shadow copy of the volumes containing writer's data.

VSS asynchronous operation is not completed. Operation: [Shadow copies commit]. Code: [0x80042306].

Error: Failed to create snapshot: Backup job failed.

Cannot create a shadow copy of the volumes containing writer's data.

VSS asynchronous operation is not completed. Operation: [Shadow copies commit]. Code: [0x80042306].

The shadow copy of volume \\?\Volume{0e1a4bd5-2758-4ab6-a00c-05bc7333610a} being created failed to install.

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error DeviceIoControl(\\?\Volume{0e1a4bd5-2758-4ab6-a00c-05bc7333610a} - 000000000000021C,0x0053c008,000001DDF8C0A6B0,0,000001DDF8C0B6E0,4096,[0]). hr = 0x80070079, The semaphore timeout period has expired.

This was working for months before 1803 installation. And works on my 1803 laptop.

Any suggestions?

D_Watson, May 23, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

VSS is corrupt and need to enable to create backup

When creating another account, its corrupted

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues creating a new user account. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When you say, “When creating another account, its corrupted” is the new user account getting corrupted?
    • When you say, “It also doesn’t give me the settings when you create an account” which settings are you looking for?
    • How are you creating a new user account?
    • What is the exact issue that you are facing on the new user account?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer?

I would suggest you to try enabling hidden admin account and then create a new user account and check.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type in the following commands one by one and hit
      Enter
      :

net user administrator /active:yes
    4. After enabling the hidden admin, refer the steps in the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Note: Make sure to disable hidden admin by using the command
    net user administrator /active:no after performing the troubleshooting steps.

Please reply with more information on the issue to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 23, 2020
Thema:

VSS is corrupt and need to enable to create backup

1. VSS is corrupt and need to enable to create backup - Similar Threads - VSS corrupt need

2. Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?: I am unable to backup a VM because some VSS Services are running. One the backup software console [Commvault], there is an error that states there is another backup software running. Commvault support states to reboot and/or contact Microsoft support if the case lingers. I...
  3. Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?: I am unable to backup a VM because some VSS Services are running. One the backup software console [Commvault], there is an error that states there is another backup software running. Commvault support states to reboot and/or contact Microsoft support if the case lingers. I...
  4. Backup Error A Shadow copy cannot be created VSS & SPP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup Error A Shadow copy cannot be created VSS & SPP: Hi There,I am running the latest Win 11 & tried to do my usual Sunday Back up to my external HDI received the following error messageAny suggestions gratefully accepted...
  5. Backup Error A Shadow copy cannot be created VSS & SPP

Backup Error A Shadow copy cannot be created VSS & SPP: Hi There,I am running the latest Win 11 & tried to do my usual Sunday Back up to my external HDI received the following error messageAny suggestions gratefully accepted...
  6. OneDrive curupts VSS backup system?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive curupts VSS backup system?: Does OneDrive curupt VSS backup system?I have tested two PC at the time of writing.I use Macrium Reflect for backup. AOMEI backup which also uses VSS, can't run a backup either.Solution: 1 Install a backup with Macrium in the boot menu before the latest update of OneDrive. 2...
  7. OneDrive curupts VSS backup system?

OneDrive curupts VSS backup system?: Does OneDrive curupt VSS backup system?I have tested two PC at the time of writing.I use Macrium Reflect for backup. AOMEI backup which also uses VSS, can't run a backup either.Solution: 1 Install a backup with Macrium in the boot menu before the latest update of OneDrive. 2...
  8. OneDrive curupts VSS backup system?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. VSS is corrupt and need to enable to create backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    VSS is corrupt and need to enable to create backup: Just inform that VSS is corrupted and enable to create backup. Acronis referred me after doing diagnostic test as to why it could not create a backup with their software. They suggested I contact Microsoft to resolve this. Windows 10 version 1903 156949
  10. Unable to create VSS snapshot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to create VSS snapshot: I'm using a tool to backup my Windows 10 system and it shows this error when I start the process: FAILED: The VSS snapshots cannot be stored because there is not enough space on the source volumes or because the source machine does not have any NTFS volumes. Error code:...