Windows 10: VSS Log File Missing

Discus and support VSS Log File Missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use Macrium Reflect ver 7.2 to create image files of my ssd. After running the backup operation, an image summary and VSS log file are created. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Greened3, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Greened3 Win User

VSS Log File Missing

I use Macrium Reflect ver 7.2 to create image files of my ssd. After running the backup operation, an image summary and VSS log file are created. I alternate two portable drives to store the image files On one drive I can view the image summary and the VSS file. On the other drive, I can view the image summary but when I attempt to open the VSS log file, I get an error message "Failed to open VSS log file for backup Has it been manually removed". Both portable drives are Western Digital My Passport drives. I opened a support ticket on the WD site and was told that the fault lies with the third party software. When available, I can view the log file without the drive being connected to my laptop. Any ideas as to why the VSS log file is found when backing up to one drive and not the other? I'm running Windows 10 Pro Ver 2004. Thanks very much.

:)

Greened3, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jun 5, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Failed to Create Volume Snapshot Macrium Error 0x8004230f VSS Error

Hi, you might try this:
    Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Troubleshooting - Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Troubleshooting

or the free cautious repair tool
    Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro
    - observing the steps and using only the relevant repairs

More:
    How to Fix VSS Errors Step-by-Step

Otherwise I suggest- assuming your disk and file system are sound-
    an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all progs, data and most settings

You need an iso of the same base language and build- freely downloadable.

dalchina, Jun 5, 2020
  4. VSS Log File Missing

Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

VSS Log File Missing

1. VSS Log File Missing - Similar Threads - VSS Log File

2. i hav missing the offlineserviceMgr log file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i hav missing the offlineserviceMgr log file: Hello allI have installed recently the service manager configuration in my c drive but when i am creating the install.wim in my console manager so i want to capture the install.wim and copy all the in my d rive so when i want to verify the offlineserviceMgr log file i can not...
  3. i hav missing the offlineserviceMgr log file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i hav missing the offlineserviceMgr log file: Hello allI have installed recently the service manager configuration in my c drive but when i am creating the install.wim in my console manager so i want to capture the install.wim and copy all the in my d rive so when i want to verify the offlineserviceMgr log file i can not...
  4. i hav missing the offlineserviceMgr log file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. file ptroction/vss question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file ptroction/vss question: When I have file protection on and have scheduled the vss shadow copy through task schedular, why do I only see previous versions of directories, but not the items within unless a change has been made to the file...
  6. file ptroction/vss question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file ptroction/vss question: When I have file protection on and have scheduled the vss shadow copy through task schedular, why do I only see previous versions of directories, but not the items within unless a change has been made to the file...
  7. file ptroction/vss question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. DISM complains about 2 DLLs missing in log, log file attached

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM complains about 2 DLLs missing in log, log file attached: Windows 10 1909 x64, build 18363.900. I used the script here: Batch Scripts / Programs. ---------------------------------------------------- It's the script: Find_ANY_DISM_Log_Errors_ALL.bat ---------------------------------------------------- To check for DISM...
  9. VSS Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VSS Error: I tried to back up and create a system image. I received the error below. I tried to use Acronis 2020 and get VSS errors. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vss-error/26ba7eeb-4f40-4aff-9094-4609ae5615d3
  10. Missing LOG files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing LOG files: Ran sfc /scannow (cannot create Recovery USB stick for my win 10 (1511) system because of corrupt files) and received following message:- "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log...