Windows 10: Vss snapshot storage problem. Windows 10 pro system.

Discus and support Vss snapshot storage problem. Windows 10 pro system. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use a backup program from acronis.com and it gets errors due to problems with too little an amount of snapshot storage their tech said I needed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by irvin shelton, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Vss snapshot storage problem. Windows 10 pro system.

I use a backup program from acronis.com and it gets errors due to problems with too little an amount of snapshot storage their tech said I needed to get microsoft to fix my vss storage. The version of acronis that have the problem with is true image 2020 and true image 2021 Can you help with fixing the vss storage?

:)

irvin shelton, Jan 8, 2021
  2. UdaySwami Win User

Persistent VSS snapshot gets removed from restored VM

Persistent VSS snapshot is getting removed for some volumes on my VM on VMWare, below are the steps I used to do this

1] Take persistent VSS snapshot of SQL using SQl writer

2] Take VM snapshot and backup with one of the backup agents

3] Restore the same snapshot of VM

When I power on the restored VM the persistent VSS snapshot I took before backup gets removed for one of the volumes for others it is still there as expected.

I have faced this issue very rarely, I use this method to take backups regularly but it has failed with this error only 3 times out of 1000.

Earlier I thought this was due to system drive but it has happened on other drives as well.

UdaySwami, Jan 8, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Failed to Create Volume Snapshot Macrium Error 0x8004230f VSS Error

Hi, you might try this:
    Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Troubleshooting - Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Troubleshooting

or the free cautious repair tool
    Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro
    - observing the steps and using only the relevant repairs

More:
    How to Fix VSS Errors Step-by-Step

Otherwise I suggest- assuming your disk and file system are sound-
    an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all progs, data and most settings

You need an iso of the same base language and build- freely downloadable.

dalchina, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Vss snapshot storage problem. Windows 10 pro system.

Unable to create VSS snapshot

I recommend you ask Google like so:

The VSS snapshots cannot be stored

Frederik Long, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Vss snapshot storage problem. Windows 10 pro system.

1. Vss snapshot storage problem. Windows 10 pro system. - Similar Threads - Vss snapshot storage

2. VSS Failure: Failed to create Volume Snapshot. Result Code: 0x80042306

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VSS Failure: Failed to create Volume Snapshot. Result Code: 0x80042306: I have an HP Laptop that was native Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10. Now in dealing with the User running out of HD space, I was going to use Macrium Reflect to clone the SATA HD to another larger SATA HD. In working with Macrium support and after attempting to use their...
  3. VSS Failure: Failed to create Volume Snapshot. Result Code: 0x80042306

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VSS Failure: Failed to create Volume Snapshot. Result Code: 0x80042306: I have an HP Laptop that was native Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10. Now in dealing with the User running out of HD space, I was going to use Macrium Reflect to clone the SATA HD to another larger SATA HD. In working with Macrium support and after attempting to use their...
  4. VSS Failure: Failed to create Volume Snapshot. Result Code: 0x80042306

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. VSS snapshots not successful after upgrading to win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VSS snapshots not successful after upgrading to win11: Hi,After upgrading to windows 11 we are facing an error on generating the VSS snapshots.We have gone through the below URL - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/backup-and-storage/volume-shadow-copy-service-eventsSome of the regsvr32 commands fail,...
  6. VSS snapshots not successful after upgrading to win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VSS snapshots not successful after upgrading to win11: Hi,After upgrading to windows 11 we are facing an error on generating the VSS snapshots.We have gone through the below URL - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/backup-and-storage/volume-shadow-copy-service-eventsSome of the regsvr32 commands fail,...
  7. Problem with VSS system restore and chkdsk on shadow copy fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with VSS system restore and chkdsk on shadow copy fails: Hello. Windows version is Windows 10 Professional 21H1 build 19043.1165 with latest updates. The volume is BitLocker encrypted. Yesterday just navigating through tabs on System Properties dialog, I occasionally found that System Restore fails to launch with error 0x81000203:...
  8. Problem backup failed due to a VSS snapshot error

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Problem backup failed due to a VSS snapshot error: From some time when i make a backup with Acronis, my system alert me for some error on VSSD ref. 12293. Attached image of situation on c proprity and lof of VSSDoctor. When i go in system properties the protection is disable and is impossible enable ... I try also with...
  9. Failed to Create Volume Snapshot Macrium Error 0x8004230f VSS Error

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Failed to Create Volume Snapshot Macrium Error 0x8004230f VSS Error: Hi, So I upgraded my SSD from 250GB to 1TB, I used Clonezilla to clone my disk and I deleted all the extra partitions it had copied over. I assume this is where the restore or backup files were. Windows booted fine and I tried to do a backup with Paragon which failed. I...
  10. Unable to create VSS snapshot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to create VSS snapshot: I'm using a tool to backup my Windows 10 system and it shows this error when I start the process: FAILED: The VSS snapshots cannot be stored because there is not enough space on the source volumes or because the source machine does not have any NTFS volumes. Error code:...