Windows 10: "vsto certificate used to sign the deployment manifest is not trusted"

Discus and support "vsto certificate used to sign the deployment manifest is not trusted" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to install the freeware add-in "XLToolbox" into Microsoft Excel 365. But when I try to install it, I get the error message "Customized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eksy61, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Eksy61 Win User

"vsto certificate used to sign the deployment manifest is not trusted"

I'm trying to install the freeware add-in "XLToolbox" into Microsoft Excel 365. But when I try to install it, I get the error message

"Customized functionality in this application will not work because the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest for XLToolbox or its location is not trusted. Contact your administrator for further assistance."

It's got an XLToolboxforExcel.vsto file, so I guess that's where the issue is.

Is there any workaround to fool or force Microsoft Excel to install this add-in?

:)

Eksy61, Jan 5, 2019

2. Customized functionality in This application will not work because the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest for TranslitGT or its location is not trusted

Can not install as add on MS Office 2013:

System.Security.SecurityException: Customized functionality in this application will not work because the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest for TranslitGT or its location is not trusted. Contact your administrator for further assistance.

ZoranRadovanović, Jan 5, 2019
  3. N8 certificates not trusted/don't match the name

Well I worked out for myself how to verify the certificates are genuine:

• Using a desktop computer
    • Go to the page with the certificates
    • Select a certificate
    • It will say either:
      • Certificate already exists - this confirms that the certificate on the website matches one already in your browser, which we already trust, therefore the certificate on the website is trustworthy
      • Asks if you want to install the certificate, DON'T.
        • First view the certificate details.
        • Copy the certificate serial number or SHA1/SHA256/MD5/etc hash
        • Paste this into a search engine
        • If another website that you trust lists the certificate, e.g. your phone manufacturer or another trusted website (preferably a secure website, therefore you have confidence the website is genuine), then you can trust the certificate
        • If no trustworthy sites are returned in the search then try another hash or serial number
        • If you can't find any trustworthy sites listing the certificate then I suggest you don't trust it.
    • Finally, if you decide you trust a certificate then you can download and install on your phone.

CurvyClover488, Jan 5, 2019
  4. jeanie77 Win User

Open .vsto from IE11

I would like to install a VSTO Office Add-in by opening the deployment manifest from an IIS website, as explained

here

I'm currently using IE11 on a Windows 10 pc.

The install process fails, because IE11 doesn't give the option to directly open .vsto file: it only allows to save and then open. In this way, paths to manifest and other resources gets invalid, since they aren't referred to the original http url, but relative
    to the Download folder.

Switching to Edge does solve the issue: the file is opened from the original location and the required files are correctly downloaded and installed.

How can I configure IE11 to Open .vsto file instead of Save? I noticed that 'Open' is not even an option, how to unhide this menu item?

jeanie77, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. "vsto certificate used to sign the deployment manifest is not trusted" - Similar Threads - vsto certificate used

2. Unable to install Trusted Certificate for WORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Trusted Certificate for WORD: Trying to run setup.exe under Win11 with trusted certificate loaded and receiving the following error:Name: MeSOWsMeCustomer.Word.V2 From: file:///C:/Temp/Deploy/MeSOWsMeCustomer.Word.V2.vsto ************** Exception Text ************** System.Security.SecurityException:...
  3. Deploy Windows Hello for Business Cloud Trust using Intune

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Deploy Windows Hello for Business Cloud Trust using Intune: Hi,I am deploying WHfB Cloud Trust in Hybrid Azure AD. I followed the Microsoft Documentation: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/identity-protection/hello-for-business/hello-hybrid-cloud-trustFirst I tried using GPO and it works well. I can see the event 358...
  4. Deploy Windows Hello for Business Cloud Trust using Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deploy Windows Hello for Business Cloud Trust using Intune: Hi,I am deploying WHfB Cloud Trust in Hybrid Azure AD. I followed the Microsoft Documentation: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/identity-protection/hello-for-business/hello-hybrid-cloud-trustFirst I tried using GPO and it works well. I can see the event 358...
  5. Deploy Windows Hello for Business Cloud Trust using Intune

6. Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate: I am working on trying code signing on my test environment and have now created a certificate template on my CA that I can request with my user. The certificate expires after one year, but in my Powershell script I give a timestamp server when signing. So the signed script...
  7. Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate

Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate: I am working on trying code signing on my test environment and have now created a certificate template on my CA that I can request with my user. The certificate expires after one year, but in my Powershell script I give a timestamp server when signing. So the signed script...
  8. Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Malicious Use of Code Signing Certificate

Malicious Use of Code Signing Certificate: After a fresh install of Window 10 I observed bizaar behavior with the OS. The Event Viewer logged several 3rd party admin services installed with Development Code Signing Certificates. Several other potential activities also witnessed. My Admin account was denied access to...
  10. installing trusted certificates

installing trusted certificates: I have just become aware that U can install certificates onto your computer, and before I do anything it's best I ask what are the 'pro and cons' of installing trusted certificates. * Moved from education...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vsto show ceertificate

2. certificate used to sign deployment manifest

3. office customization certificate not trusted

4. vsto certificate sign sha256,
  5. certificate used for sign deployment manifest,
  6. VSTO certificate used to sign the deployment manifest for,
  7. installing office customization certificate manifest,
  8. Install office customisation certificate used or deployment manifest not in trusted location,
  9. vsto installation sign problem,
  10. installing office customization the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest or its location is not trusted