Windows 10: Vulgar language came upon my screen while dictating in Cortana, then she stopped working....

Discus and support Vulgar language came upon my screen while dictating in Cortana, then she stopped working.... in Cortana to solve the problem; I used Cortana before. Not the best experience, but I hear it's a learning curve so, I just kept on. I was dictating a letter one day, my screen went... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Featherme2, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Vulgar language came upon my screen while dictating in Cortana, then she stopped working....

I used Cortana before. Not the best experience, but I hear it's a learning curve so, I just kept on.

I was dictating a letter one day, my screen went to snow, then, 'SHUT UP B**CH" was plastered across my screen.

I have heard of things like this, thought they were jokes.

Cortana hasn't worked since. I keep getting, 'She can't hear me. Microphone problems, yet...…..

I have run all tests, rebooted, checked EVERYTHING and still I just get, "WE don't understand", or similar.

I am NOT accustomed to my hardware swearing at me.

This is clearly, some bored programmer, hacker or some such, BUT, WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO SAY RE: MY PRIVACY?

I listen every night to talk radio, 'Coast to Coast'. I have heard of this before many times. I am going to get on the list myself for broadcast if this is not resolved.

I'm old, disabled, am very sweet, but DA*N, I can get cranky over stuff like this. I have NO MONEY for a Geek.

Any help will be appreciated.

Typing is very hard with arthritis.

ANY help will be appreciated. Tech support, reaching a live body is next to impossible.

Michelle

:)

Featherme2, Feb 18, 2020

2. Dictation not working.

Hello Lina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you using dictation in Windows or Office application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1: To dictate text:

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

2. Say "start listening" or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.

3. Open the program you want to use or select the text box you want to dictate text into.

4. Say the text that you want dictate.

Step 2: You may refer Microsoft article related to Dictating text:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042244/windows-10-use-dictation

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14198/windows-7-dictate-text-using-speech-recognition

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Ian Sal Win User
    Cortana hangs with Australian language HI T

We would suggest performing these steps:

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Language
    • Select + Add Languages to add English (United States).
    • On the main Languages page, long press on English (Australia) and choose Remove. Afterwards, proceed restarting the phone by selecting the
      Restart phone button.
    On the next following steps, reverse back the process we did on the first 3 steps:

• Select + Add Languages to add English (Australia) and proceed with the download prompt.
    • Again on the main Languages page, long press on English (United States) and choose
      Remove, and restart phone.
    • Once the phone has restarted with the correct English (Australia)
      language, go back to Settings > Extras > Hey Cortana, and begin training
      Cortana again.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Vulgar language came upon my screen while dictating in Cortana, then she stopped working....

can cortana be used to dictate text into Microsoft Word?

Cortana cannot be used for dictation; however, you can press the windows logo key + H to open the dictation tool bar if you have windows 10. Then just start speaking. To stop dictation just say "Stop dictation" it works really well!

Hope this helps!

Bruce

Bruce Walsh, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Vulgar language came upon my screen while dictating in Cortana, then she stopped working....

1. Vulgar language came upon my screen while dictating in Cortana, then she stopped working.... - Similar Threads - Vulgar language came

2. Why dont Microsoft make Cortana work in all Regions and Languages but she would speak...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why dont Microsoft make Cortana work in all Regions and Languages but she would speak...: A lot of users in Europe speak and understand English, but cant use Cortana with their native language, this restricition should be removed and Microsoft should make Cortana work no matter what Region and Language settings are, that way many users could use Cortana....
  3. Why dont Microsoft make Cortana work in all Regions and Languages but she would speak...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why dont Microsoft make Cortana work in all Regions and Languages but she would speak...: A lot of users in Europe speak and understand English, but cant use Cortana with their native language, this restricition should be removed and Microsoft should make Cortana work no matter what Region and Language settings are, that way many users could use Cortana....
  4. Cortana - Can she check my PC stats?

in Cortana
    Cortana - Can she check my PC stats?: I have a small sensor panel on my PC case displaying some stats like my current FPS, Temps, Fan Speeds, etc. I was wondering if she already could, or could be made to, relay this information to me if requested? Example: "Hey Cortana, what is my current FPS?" "Your are...
  5. when using dictation will only work with Cortana

in Cortana
    when using dictation will only work with Cortana: window h , now stop working sometime in Oct , the bar comes up and says to use dictation, select a text field it will work with Cortana nothing else I have tried everything I believe this was cause by a update ....
  6. Cortana closes as soon as she opens

in Cortana
    Cortana closes as soon as she opens: hen itap the mic she closes automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-closes-as-soon-as-she-opens/e17f19b6-af63-43cc-a98b-7dd3f3313591
  7. Dictation language can't be changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dictation language can't be changed: When I try to use dictation by clicking Windows key+H an action center notification opens up. It says: Dictation is not available in current language: Japanese. So I go to the settings, change "Choose the language you speak with your device" to US English, which is what I...
  8. cortana stopped working

in Cortana
    cortana stopped working: has just stopped, any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-stopped-working/efb116d4-b28c-446e-8753-d2590db5a334"
  9. Cortana Stopped working from Lock Screen

in Cortana
    Cortana Stopped working from Lock Screen: Cortana stopped working from the lock screen and even a PC reset did not fix it. It use to work but now when as to tell me the time say "I would like to help but first you must unlock your PC" My setting are correct:...
  10. Cortana stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana stopped working: When I start using Cortana it will not connect to the Internet. I say, for example, "Hey Cortana" then I say "Facebook Log in" it copies what I say but then comes back with, "The Internet and I are not talking right now." or "I can't connect right now, try again in a little...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when I am dictating by pressing windows logo key H it cant hear me