Windows 10: VulkanRT -- Trojan? Virus? How Do I Safely Remove It?

Discus and support VulkanRT -- Trojan? Virus? How Do I Safely Remove It? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [img] I believe I may have a malicious threat called VulkanRT. Above is the list of files in a folder called VulkanRT. I have not clicked on any of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Florida Rene, Jan 22, 2018.

1. VulkanRT -- Trojan? Virus? How Do I Safely Remove It?

VulkanRT -- Trojan? Virus? How Do I Safely Remove It? [​IMG]

I believe I may have a malicious threat called VulkanRT. Above is the list of files in a folder called VulkanRT. I have not clicked on any of them. A site called Malwareless lists this as a Trojan. Even though the files are all dated 9/13/2017, the C:/ dir lists them as being obtained on 1/4/2018.

Remove VulkanRT Virus - Removal Guide - MalwareLess"[/URL]
    I don't know how I got it, but I believe I should remove it. It is not listed as an Add-On in Chrome or Firefox. This is a stand-alone computer, not linked to a LAN.

Does anyone know what I should be doing at this point? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Florida Rene, Jan 22, 2018

2. why do i have an apple program installed on my computer ? i am running windows 10

what is it?????? \VulkanRT\1.0.26.0\Instance_2\

Moved from ( Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC )

bobcatevans, Jan 22, 2018
  3. Windows defender changing it's own settings . . . not okay

I get on my computer today and see a notification in the system tray that Windows Defender has done it's job and detected malware and quarantined it . . . Yay Microsoft Defender . . . right ! ?

As i'm checking the items it's found, i realize that a setting i very purposefully set in windows defender has been removed/uninstalled if you will in the process of dealing with the quarantining of the detected malware.

I have a patrician Labelled "F", it happens to be the drive/location i use for "ALL" downloading, regardless of the type or content, if i think it's sound, safe or not, that is "MY" download location. I chose if and when items on that patrician get scanned.
    i am usually more than **** enough in my behaviours to make sure i scan a download before attempting to install or use said files.

I don't like that "DEFENDER" felt the need to take away my "choice" without my permission. Microsoft certainly requires so frigging many of my permissions to have access to all my choices and data during an install of the OS and anything that comes along
    afterwords, so why give me choices that after a few months it's says screw this, i don't like your choice and i'm changing it to something else.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Items:

file:C:\Program Files (x86)\VulkanRT\1.0.11.1\UninstallVulkanRT.exe

file:C:\Program Files (x86)\VulkanRT\1.0.11.1\V.ico

file:C:\Program Files (x86)\VulkanRT\1.0.3.0\UninstallVulkanRT.exe

file:C:\Program Files (x86)\VulkanRT\1.0.3.0\V.ico

file:C:\Program Files (x86)\VulkanRT\1.0.39.1\UninstallVulkanRT.exe

file:C:\Program Files (x86)\VulkanRT\1.0.39.1\V.ico

regkey:HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\VulkanRT1.0.11.1

regkey:HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\VulkanRT1.0.3.0

regkey:HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\VulkanRT1.0.39.1

regkeyvalue:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Paths\\F:\

uninstall:HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\VulkanRT1.0.11.1

uninstall:HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\VulkanRT1.0.3.0

uninstall:HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\VulkanRT1.0.39.1

and on top of this, i've discovered that the finding of the VulkanRT software is a false positive issue that appears from time to time, so not only is microsoft's tools making new decisions for me without my input but is doing so on a known false flag. Thanks
    **** !

KevinMHobbs, Jan 22, 2018
  4. VulkanRT -- Trojan? Virus? How Do I Safely Remove It?

Hi Florida Rene

First I would recommend you make a backup of your data.

Download and run malwarebytes. Get it directly from malwarebytes.com Free Cyber Security & Anti-Malware Software

Once installed click scan in left hand column, then Custom scan in center. Scan entire C:drive. If data is on other drives scan those as well. This will take some time. ( One plus hours) This should remove it.

At a minimum if should identify it.

Assuming it removes it, malwarebytes will ask to restart computer. When you are back in Windows rescan to ensure it is removed. Then scan your data back up to make sure it is also clean

When finished you can uninstall Malwarebytes.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 22, 2018
  5. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey Florida Rene,

Just an FYI ...

VulkanRT is part AMD & Nvidia software and I do see a lot about it being a virus/trojan. I have the same folder on my Desktop PC (Nvidia Video Card) and for what it's worth ... haven't had any issues with it (ie. browser hijacks, popups, etc).

You may find as I did (it appears, it's not actually installed) as I couldn't find it in Control Panel > Programs and Features OR Settings > Apps

Neither Ccleaner OR Geek Uninstaller show VulcanRT anything listed.

Malwarebytes (paid) / AdwareCleaner / Windows Defender have never flagged anything to do with VulcanRT.

Eagle51, Jan 22, 2018
  6. What type of graphics card do you have? VulkanRT should be the Vulkan runtime libraries for your graphics driver. I wouldn't remove it as it's part of the driver itself.

MattMcD488, Jan 22, 2018
  7. Layback Bear, Jan 22, 2018
  8. VulkanRT -- Trojan? Virus? How Do I Safely Remove It?

Matt... I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450.

Ken, Jack... I apologize. I should have noted that I ran CCleaner, Malwarebytes, Avast, and Super AntiSpyware before I started this thread. None indicated anything wrong...other than the usual cookie parade via SAS. And thank you for the gHacks article.

Eagle51... I can't find it in Programs & Features either or in Settings/Apps. But your post is very reassuring. Thank you very much. I guess I should forget Malwareless. And perhaps I should just ignore VulkanRT. You've done a lot to put my mind at ease.

Ken... If you're in Caledon Hills, congrats. It was lovely when I was there 30 years ago and I hope it still has those beautiful rolling farmlands.

Thank you all for coming to my side!

9. VulkanRT -- Trojan? Virus? How Do I Safely Remove It? [​IMG]

Those files I can assure you are safe. I have the same folder as you can see from the screenshot. VulkanRT gets installed when you install the graphics driver from Nvidia. It helps with game performance with some games like Doom, Mad Max, Roblox and other games that has Vulkan support. It's also safe to uninstall it if you want but if you update your graphics driver it will reinstall VulkanRT.

FunkyMonkey, Jan 22, 2018
  10. Thank you, Funky...good info. And good reassurance!

11. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Good day.

From the ubiquitous Wikipedia.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

VulkanRT -- Trojan? Virus? How Do I Safely Remove It?

1. VulkanRT -- Trojan? Virus? How Do I Safely Remove It? - Similar Threads - VulkanRT Trojan Virus

2. How do I remove this Trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove this Trojan: I have noticed that my chrome is keep on ending itself seconds after I open it. It then opens it up again with the old tab i was suspicious that I got a virus then when i was just on my device all of the sudden things like a command bar opens up then quickly leaves. Now I...
  3. How do I remove this Trojan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove this Trojan: I have noticed that my chrome is keep on ending itself seconds after I open it. It then opens it up again with the old tab i was suspicious that I got a virus then when i was just on my device all of the sudden things like a command bar opens up then quickly leaves. Now I...
  4. How do I remove this Trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. how do i remove a trojan virus from my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i remove a trojan virus from my computer?: ive tried to remove the virus but its not gone someone please help asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-trojan-virus-from-my-computer/4b866c11-cfab-4955-a67f-bb390077ea3d
  6. how do i remove a trojan virus from my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i remove a trojan virus from my computer?: ive tried to remove the virus but its not gone someone please help asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-trojan-virus-from-my-computer/4b866c11-cfab-4955-a67f-bb390077ea3d
  7. How to remove a Trojan Horse Virus

How to remove a Trojan Horse Virus: Hi, my Windows Defender detector blocked and removed a Trojan download from my Temp files today. I ran several full scans and followed instructions on deleting Temp files. I found an article by “howtofixguide” on the trojandownloadero97m-encdoc-femtb and decided to search for...
  8. Removing a Trojan Virus

Removing a Trojan Virus: Guys please help me i dont know how to remove it and i think it is a Trojan Virus and it says it is severe[Original Title: Trojan Virus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/removing-a-trojan-virus/29d9a1a4-d649-4caf-9c49-bba2fb734b9b
  9. How do I remove a Trojan

How do I remove a Trojan: Hello, I downloaded a file some days ago. After that I got warning from Windows security, "That comes with windows, not the scam" It said trojan detected. It was set to quarantine. After weeks later my computer act different. My files was looking weird. It does not say any...
  10. How do I remove a Trojan Virus

How do I remove a Trojan Virus: I tried to download a mod for Minecraft but it gave me a Trojan Virus. I can't get rid of it even with windows defender. And the virus is hidden in my pc so I can't find it to get rid of it. And I don't know the name of the virus. So many threats are being dowloaded on there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yourphone.exe

2. vulkanrt virus

3. vulkan rt third party apps

4. vulkanrt virus how to tell,
  5. vulkanrt folder,
  6. VulkanRT-Installer.exe version 1.0.11.1,
  7. yourphone.exe windows 10,
  8. windows 4 11 2018 trojan,
  9. vulkanrt found in program files windows 10,
  10. what is vulkanrt