Windows 10: Vulnerability in PMTUD implementation

Discus and support Vulnerability in PMTUD implementation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We discovered vulnerabilities in the Path MTU Discovery implementations in Windows 7, 8 and 10 which can be exploited by off-path attackers to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by XueweiFeng, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Vulnerability in PMTUD implementation

We discovered vulnerabilities in the Path MTU Discovery implementations in Windows 7, 8 and 10 which can be exploited by off-path attackers to maliciously reduce system performance and force IP fragmentation. However, it is difficult to send an Email to Microsoft.

:)

XueweiFeng, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Yukikaze Win User

WPA2 Vulnerability Found

A small update with regards to the Microsoft fix. The fix itself is sufficient to solve the issue on Windows, even if your WiFi device has no driver update, with one caveat:

Does this security update fully address these vulnerabilities on Microsoft Platforms, or do I need to perform any additional steps to be fully protected?
    The provided security updates address the reported vulnerabilities; however, when affected Windows based systems enter a connected standby mode in low power situations, the vulnerable functionality may be offloaded to installed Wi-Fi hardware. To fully address potential vulnerabilities, you are also encouraged to contact your Wi-Fi hardware vendor to obtain updated device drivers. For a listing of affected vendors with links to their documentation, review the ICASI Multi-Vendor Vulnerability Disclosure statement here: http://www.icasi.org/wi-fi-protected-access-wpa-vulnerabilities

Source: {{windowTitle}}

Yukikaze, Feb 12, 2020
  3. 611 Defects, 71 Vulnerabilities Found In Firefox

It's a good thing that list of vulnerabilities was given to the Firefox team as opposed to, say, a team of hackers *Laugh :laugh:.

zekrahminator, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Vulnerability in PMTUD implementation

LAPS Implementation

Hi Support,

I need your expert advice on the following:

I want to implement LAPS (Local Administrator Password Solution) in Domain Environment. Before Implementation of LAPS i need to some sort of queries as per following:

Current Environment:

• Active Directory: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (Enterprise)
    • Forest Functional Level: Windows Server 2003 R2
    • Domain Functional Level: Windows Server 2003 R2
    • Client Windows: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10

LAPS Implementation requirements that schema will be update before deployment LAPS.

1. What will be impacts and what will be face challenges as per current environment?
    2. If we update schema on Active Directory 2008 R2 SP1 Enterprise and then deploy LAPS on this current scenario then will it need to upgrade forest function and domain functional level before LAPS Deployment?

Kindly assist with your expert opinions.

Regards,

Fasihuddin Qasimi, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Vulnerability in PMTUD implementation

1. Vulnerability in PMTUD implementation - Similar Threads - Vulnerability PMTUD implementation

2. Google Workspace Implementation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Workspace Implementation: Hi All, We are trying the google workspaceGCPW for sharing the msi package from google admin to multiple user. Problems we are facing :-1. In windows 10 home we have successfully created the custom policy of OMA URI to share the app, But msi package is not installing on users...
  3. Google Workspace Implementation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Workspace Implementation: Hi All, We are trying the google workspaceGCPW for sharing the msi package from google admin to multiple user. Problems we are facing :-1. In windows 10 home we have successfully created the custom policy of OMA URI to share the app, But msi package is not installing on users...
  4. "Not Implemented" error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Not Implemented" error: Hello,quite recently in the past few months I was getting this error when trying to open .docx files stored in my data partition. Not really sure what it means though, was trying to google and find answers but couldn't find a proper solution yet. It seems to be fine when the...
  5. Photo not implemented

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo not implemented: When I edit a photo in Lightroom and then export it as a jpeg, when I go back into the photo I get and error message saying that my photo is "not implemented". This just recently started, possibly after a windows update. I have tried uninstalling the latest update and it did...
  6. Not implemented

Not implemented: I have the same problem as another user... today my laptop updated, and now when I attempt to send/receive in my outlook 365 program, it doesn't send receive, instead I just get a "Not Implemented" error. I tried the troubleshooting tool recommended in a similar article...
  7. Vulnerability?

Vulnerability?: Windows 10. Files can be accessed without the user password from Troubleshoot>System Image Recovery>select a system image>Advanced >install a driver and it loads up the Local storage where files can be copied to external storage....
  8. Multiuser implementation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiuser implementation: The Windows 10 implementation for multi-users on a single system is horrible compared to previous releases which were SOOOOO much easier and better suited for what we want to do. Windows 7 was perfect and then everything began to go downhill till its nearly impossible to set...
  9. Onedrive implementation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive implementation: I just took delivery of a brand new all in One PC with Windows 10 pre-installed So I have installed One Drive and Onedrive for business, but they don't seem to be be synching with my desktop.. I don't have the green circle with the tick against any of my files. What do I...
  10. Malwarebytes Vulnerability

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes Vulnerability: A security vulnerability has been discovered and patched in the Malwarebytes antivirus for Windows, as COSIG (Centre Opérationnel de Sécurité Informatique Gouvernemental) is reporting. The discovery was made by Francis Provencher, a member of the COSIG research & pentesting...