Windows 10: Vulnerability in windows "Movies & TV" application allows for code execution and malware

Discus and support Vulnerability in windows "Movies & TV" application allows for code execution and malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Heyo, downloaded a movie online that came in .MKV format, when opened, throws out an error code, the thing that pretty much installed a **** load of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dogger_Dogger, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Vulnerability in windows "Movies & TV" application allows for code execution and malware

Heyo, downloaded a movie online that came in .MKV format, when opened, throws out an error code, the thing that pretty much installed a **** load of malware onto my craptop, including a bitcoin miner. Is anyone familiar with this vulnerability? Any fixes coming soon?

:)

Dogger_Dogger, Jun 4, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Vulnerability in windows "Movies & TV" application allows for code execution and malware

Movies & TV application volume control

The Windows 10 Movies & TV application is not able to control the volume. Is there any way in Windows 10 Pro to allow individual applications to control volume?

GeorgeHeidmous, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Vulnerability in windows "Movies & TV" application allows for code execution and malware

1. Vulnerability in windows "Movies & TV" application allows for code execution and malware - Similar Threads - Vulnerability Movies application

2. 3D Builder remote code execution vulnerability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Builder remote code execution vulnerability: Removed all instances including provisioned of 3DBuilder save for one that is listed as "staged" with no package user info other than {S-1-5-18}. Any way of getting rid of this hopefully via powershell? It seems to be triggering a Tenable.io plugin but I'm wondering if it is...
  3. 3D Builder remote code execution vulnerability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D Builder remote code execution vulnerability: Removed all instances including provisioned of 3DBuilder save for one that is listed as "staged" with no package user info other than {S-1-5-18}. Any way of getting rid of this hopefully via powershell? It seems to be triggering a Tenable.io plugin but I'm wondering if it is...
  4. 3D Builder remote code execution vulnerability

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Workaround for the Windows Print Spooler Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Workaround for the Windows Print Spooler Remote Code Execution Vulnerability: Microsoft disclosed a new remote code execution vulnerability in Windows recently that is using the Windows Print Spooler. The vulnerability is actively exploited and Microsoft published two workarounds to protect systems from being attacked. The provided information is...
  6. Movies & TV

Movies & TV: I have windows 10. Why are all the movies I rent EXPIRED on the same day as I rent them??? It all began on Dec. 07, 2019. The registry fix is impossibe> How do I get what I have PAID for??????...
  7. Movies & TV application volume control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV application volume control: The Windows 10 Movies & TV application is not able to control the volume. Is there any way in Windows 10 Pro to allow individual applications to control volume?...
  8. application of movies and TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    application of movies and TV: problems with the application of movies and TV that someone tell me how to reestablish https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-of-movies-and-tv/dc86d116-578d-435c-a56f-eb9b1a7e1e7e
  9. HP Ink Printers Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    HP Ink Printers Remote Code Execution Vulnerability: SUPPORT COMMUNICATION- SECURITY BULLETIN Document ID: c06097712 Version: 2 HPSBHF03589 rev. 2 - HP Ink Printers Remote Code Execution Notice:: The information in this security bulletin should be acted upon as soon as possible. Release date : 01-Aug-2018 Last updated :...
  10. Movie & TV

Movie & TV: Hello, Movie & Tv do not read .mov video. It works on VCL, windows media player, itunes, Quicktime, but not Movie & Tv. Do you have a solution ? Thank you 27617

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows movies and tv vulnerabilities