Windows 10: Vulnerability + Threat Manager - Detection shows previous versions of installed programs...

Discus and support Vulnerability + Threat Manager - Detection shows previous versions of installed programs... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The vulnerability manager I use detects package versions that have either been uninstalled, or have been updated to a version that includes the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OOrph, Jun 22, 2022.

1. OOrph Win User

Vulnerability + Threat Manager - Detection shows previous versions of installed programs...

The vulnerability manager I use detects package versions that have either been uninstalled, or have been updated to a version that includes the vulnerability fix. The QID detection Logic is: "The detection gets the version of [package] by querying wmi query". Support have suggested I contact Microsoft for help. Would the best course of action be to remove registry entries for the older versions? In some cases, the x64 app has been updated and the x86 version has been left behind. As an example, QID 91914 - Microsoft Photos App Remote Code Execution RCE Vulnerability for June 2022 CVE 202

:)

OOrph, Jun 22, 2022

2. Threats detected by Windows Defender

If you really want to be sure if those threats are removed completely then I would suggest to clean install Windows. That’s the only way to know for sure.

And always disconnect from the internet next time you encounter malware. That’s the first step to take, especially if you have more than one computer sharing the same network.

win10freak, Jun 22, 2022
  3. WXC
    WXC Win User
    Threats detected by Windows Defender

*Ditto

4. simrick Win User

Vulnerability + Threat Manager - Detection shows previous versions of installed programs...

PUP Threats Detected By Malwarebytes

Check your list of installed programs and remove any toolbars. Run MBAM again, including rootkit detection, and do a full scan of all your hard drives, not just a Threat scan. Then, reset your Chrome browser.

Vulnerability + Threat Manager - Detection shows previous versions of installed programs... [​IMG]

Vulnerability + Threat Manager - Detection shows previous versions of installed programs... [​IMG]

simrick, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Vulnerability + Threat Manager - Detection shows previous versions of installed programs... - Similar Threads - Vulnerability Threat Manager

2. certutil.exe was detected as a threat during the installation of an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    certutil.exe was detected as a threat during the installation of an update: HelloOur Threat Detection and Response tool reported threat in path C:\Users\administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\16d5bcc8-ae6e-4622-81ae-81718dfc9bc1\certutil.exeThe alert appeared when installing the updates belowAfter the end of the update the folder...
  3. certutil.exe was detected as a threat during the installation of an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    certutil.exe was detected as a threat during the installation of an update: HelloOur Threat Detection and Response tool reported threat in path C:\Users\administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\16d5bcc8-ae6e-4622-81ae-81718dfc9bc1\certutil.exeThe alert appeared when installing the updates belowAfter the end of the update the folder...
  4. certutil.exe was detected as a threat during the installation of an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stealthing Malware? Previous Version Installing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stealthing Malware? Previous Version Installing: I installed Raider.IO 2.1.7 then it reverts back to 2.1.5 after reboot and wants me to install 2.1.7.Is there some call in Windows that stealths files?Not sure what's going on here....
  6. Threats detected on scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threats detected on scan: I ran defend and upon completion of scan it said that I have 2 potential threats PUA:WIN32//VISCOM, PUA:WIN32//ASKTOOLBAR Defend cannot for some reason delete remove or quarantine them either. I ran malwarebytes, numerous times as well as kaparsky which don't even detect...
  7. Virus Threat Detected

Virus Threat Detected: Windows Defender 10 has detected multiples of this virus, virus:VBS/Redlof.A Windows Defender doesn't seem to have the ability to remove or quarantine this virus. I have also tried Defender offline. All that happens is my computer reboots and that's it. Does anyone have a...
  8. Threat detected. This dangerous program executes the instructions of an attacker.

Threat detected. This dangerous program executes the instructions of an attacker.: Threat detected. This dangerous program executes the instructions of an attacker. Affected items. becavior: pid:8084:168995100298774 process: pid:8084,ProcessStart:132254872259092270...
  9. uninstaling Windows2019 and install a previous version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uninstaling Windows2019 and install a previous version: I recently "upgraded" to windows 2019 and lost all my online protection that I payed for a month ago. In going down the System restore route Im not getting the option for any Window 10 from 2018, only 7 and 8. How do I get my previous set up back pls ?...
  10. file history (previous versions (of files)) shows the earliest previous version is 1 month...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file history (previous versions (of files)) shows the earliest previous version is 1 month...: I just wanted to use previous versions because I'm missing some edits. Looking into "previous versions" for the matching file I can see the earliest bacup being 12/21/2018 (today is 1/7/2019). "Backup options" shows me that backup is set for "every hour". backup folders...