Windows 10: W 10 CU update - PLEASE how to get rid of Cortana nag notifications

Discus and support W 10 CU update - PLEASE how to get rid of Cortana nag notifications in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there ANYBODY PLEASE tell me how to get rid of annoying random Cortana notifications -- might seem trivial to some but this is REALLY becoming a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, May 16, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

W 10 CU update - PLEASE how to get rid of Cortana nag notifications

Hi there

ANYBODY PLEASE tell me how to get rid of annoying random Cortana notifications -- might seem trivial to some but this is REALLY becoming a major irritant for me -- this is the sort of thing that would make me STOP using Windows --I want a clean OS that does what I want it to do -- I don't want to get all sorts of reminders / sales pitches etc. The only reminder I would tolerate if there's some important security fixes to be applied.

Note I've done the disable cortana thing -- however the wretched application is still there somewhere lurking in the bowels of Windows somewhere -- I don't suppose there's any trick to totally uninstall the thing without hosing up Windows.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 16, 2017

2. Why doesn't the Windows 10 Nag have a decline option?

I can't find those updates. I reserved Windows 10 and want to get rid of the nag screen to update. Can you PLEASE tell me how to do that. I am not going to update right now.

nuorlenzgal, May 16, 2017
  3. How do I get rid of Cortana

It's part of the operating system

Your system SUCKS! Including W 10!!

Lorraine B_1966, May 16, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

Hi Jimbo
    Have you tried the following ?

dencal, May 16, 2017
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there @dencal
    I've tried disabling every possible thing -- however it still sends the odd notification randomly.

I've also tried a "Virgin W10" on a VM --I.e clean install with nothing extra added - same problem so I know the system is clean.

System is W10 PRO X-64 (GB English /UK) edition with latest updates / fixes from Ms. Version 1703.

Another possible solution would be to disable that notification thing completely - but I don't think it's possible.

Apart from the performance - I'm liking Windows 7 more and more now !!!!!! W10 definitely runs a bit snappier and W7 does have the "Configuring updates - don't switch off" message just at the most inconvenient times -- although far less annoying than the cortana notifications.

I hope on business / enterprise versions of W10 these annoying things don't appear like they do on the home computers.

Cheers
    Jimbo

jimbo45, May 16, 2017
  6. If you do not use Search, you could just remove Cortana completely. Then you would need to create an one minute delayed task after startup to terminate "ShellExperienceHost.exe" in order to fix Start and that is it.

TairikuOkami, May 16, 2017
  7. spunk Win User
  8. W 10 CU update - PLEASE how to get rid of Cortana nag notifications

Have a look in Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
    And Settings > Personalization > Start, namely "Occasionally show suggestions in Start".

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. W 10 CU update - PLEASE how to get rid of Cortana nag notifications - Similar Threads - update PLEASE rid

2. How do I get rid of these notifications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of these notifications?: I keep getting notifications saying I have a few viruses and it looked up the trojan virus and it said it was fake, so I do not click on it because it is trying to get me to download the site and is just so annoying to have it constantly popping up. I also get some...
  3. How to get Cortana to stop nagging me to sign in on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get Cortana to stop nagging me to sign in on Windows 10 Pro: I need help! How the heck do I get Cortana to stop nagging me to sign into the app on my Windows 10 Pro machine? I've already got into setting and disabled Cortana from running in the background, but I keep getting this nagging login screen: I've goggled the problem and have...
  4. Getting rid of Cortana

in Cortana
    Getting rid of Cortana: Could there be anything more annoying and distracting. I am looking at the settings to disable it and it seems I can't. Also, try to uninstall it. I have this computer which I got in 2018 and my plan was to use it for travel. However, it has trouble updating the Dell Bios and...
  5. How can I get rid of Cortana?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get rid of Cortana?: I have upgraded to version 2004 and the Cortana window and application is open at all times, asking me to sign in. I have never used Cortana, I never will, and it annoys me that the application is always open, shows up in my task view and consumes my RAM. Is there any way to...
  6. get rid of macrium update nag screen?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    get rid of macrium update nag screen?: their nag screen pops up every 5 minutes for a few hrs then disappears for a day or 2. how can I block that? I will update when I want to update it 149855
  7. get rid of windows edge nag screen at startup?

in Browsers and Email
    get rid of windows edge nag screen at startup?: hello all. when I boot to windows 10 I get a nag screen trying to get me to use edge. its a waste of time. how can I get rid of this screen and go straight to the login/password screen? fyi I have two log ins, one personal and one microsoft account we were forced to create...
  8. How do I get rid of "Location not available" nag?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of "Location not available" nag?: For several weeks I continue to get the "Location not available" nag shown in the attached screenshot whenever I start windows or file explorer. I likely did move the file, but how do I get windows to stop reminding me? [img] 132928
  9. How get rid of Windows Update reinitialization schedule notifications?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How get rid of Windows Update reinitialization schedule notifications?: Annoyed with the frequent Windows reinitialization notifications I disabled "Show apps notifications". Well I got rid of such notifications but now another pesky screen comes up at every moment : a damn screen warning me about the scheduled reinitialization. I noticed that...
  10. How to get rid of all W 10 on computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get rid of all W 10 on computer.: Hope someone can help please. I am unable to update to W. 10. (Tried many times). I would like to rid my computer of all reference to W 10. So far, I have Unreserved update, using "get windows app. Uninstalled updates KB 3035583 and KB3021917 and have hidden these...