Windows 10: W 10 Home changing its power/sleep

Discus and support W 10 Home changing its power/sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My system is running W10 Home X64 ver 1803 updated. Power set at High Performance, Sleep at Never. After some time at idle, maybe an hour or two, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hdtvnut, Jan 20, 2019.

1. hdtvnut Win User

W 10 Home changing its power/sleep

My system is running W10 Home X64 ver 1803 updated. Power set at High Performance, Sleep at Never. After some time at idle, maybe an hour or two, it switches to Power Saver, Sleep After 1 minute on its own.

System: 8700K, relidded, on Maximus X Hero-WiFi , EVGA 1080ti FTW3 or Asus 2080ti 011G, Tridentz 2x8GB 4266 set at 4000, Samsung 961 500GB NVMe, Acer ET322QK 4K via HDMI through a 5-input electronic switcher. The idle temp is about 40C, power about 41w. Mutiplier is X51, Vcore 1.35v. No BSOD's, passes stress tests.

An X299 system running the same version W10, with one of the same GPU's, through the same switcher, doesn't do this.

:)

hdtvnut, Jan 20, 2019

2. missing sleep menu in power

Hi,

Missing Sleep option in Power menu is usually caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When you check the Power options in Control Panel, did you mean that the Sleep option is not displaying in the Shutdown settings?

If you haven't check the Shutdown settings in Control Panel, we suggest to do so and make sure that the Sleep option is enabled. To check the Shutdown settings, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Click System and Security and select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Shutdown settings, put a tick in the Sleep
      box and click Save changes.

If the Sleep option is already enabled and it still doesn't appear in the Power menu, we recommend that you keep the device drivers up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jan 20, 2019
  4. W 10 Home changing its power/sleep

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

W 10 Home changing its power/sleep

1. W 10 Home changing its power/sleep - Similar Threads - Home changing power

2. Windows 11 Home Power Draining When In Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home Power Draining When In Sleep: Hi There,I have a HP laptop with Windows 11 Home edition. Since my upgrade to Windows 11, every time I put my laptop to sleep, the next day the power is totally drained.Even if I fully charge the laptop, the next day it is out of charge. From what I understand Windows 11 have...
  3. Windows 11 Home Power Draining When In Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home Power Draining When In Sleep: Hi There,I have a HP laptop with Windows 11 Home edition. Since my upgrade to Windows 11, every time I put my laptop to sleep, the next day the power is totally drained.Even if I fully charge the laptop, the next day it is out of charge. From what I understand Windows 11 have...
  4. Power & Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power & Sleep: Why does windows 10 keep changing the screen back to 15 minutes sleep when I set it to NEVER? Is there any way to make this permanent? This has only happened since recent updates....
  5. Power and sleep settings cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power and sleep settings cannot be changed: Since a recent windows 10 update, my screen shuts off after about 1 minute and my computer sleeps after 5 min. despite trying to reset in settings multiple times. Suggestions welcome....
  6. Windows 10 Power & Sleep Settings randomly change themselves

Windows 10 Power & Sleep Settings randomly change themselves: Surface Pro 6, Windows 10 1909, OS Build 18363.900 Using a second monitor and the main display simultaneously. Secondary monitor is set as primary display. Device is plugged in and at 100% when in use. At random, the SP6 main display will change it's brightness to 100%....
  7. Windows 10 sleep and power settings keep changing

Windows 10 sleep and power settings keep changing: Have a rather strange one here that I've been scratching my head on. We run Dell laptops at our job and I keep running into issues with sleep and power settings that don't stay after I make a change. Here is an example: Under Sleep & Power Settings for Sleep, I have the...
  8. Windows 10 Home Power & Sleep scheme changing to 1 minute on Windows Update

Windows 10 Home Power & Sleep scheme changing to 1 minute on Windows Update: The problem with windows power scheme changing is occurring from windows updates but not only this but that it changes sleep to 1 minute so the system is basically just periodically shutting down, or going to sleep. [ATTACH] I have searched on google for a way to...
  9. Windows sleeping after changing power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows sleeping after changing power options: Hey guys, I have a problem where I change the power settings and it doesn't save the settings. After I restart my laptop, the settings do not save and the laptop sleeps after a couple of minutes leaving it unattended. I tried changing the sleep after unattended option...
  10. I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep: I change Power & Sleep time from 15 min to 30 min. When I restart the time is back to 15 min. I checked and I am the admin. I changed acct to local from Win. Still no joy. Without going into some kind of registry trying stuff way over my head, isn't there some kind of...