Windows 10: W-10, lost left channel sound shortly after Upgrade from W-7

Discus and support W-10, lost left channel sound shortly after Upgrade from W-7 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all; I have a problem with the sound having lost the left channel shortly after upgrading from W-7. My W-10 Home version is 2004, Build 1941.746.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wbfjim, Jan 23, 2021.

1. wbfjim Win User

W-10, lost left channel sound shortly after Upgrade from W-7

Hello all; I have a problem with the sound having lost the left channel shortly after upgrading from W-7. My W-10 Home
    version is 2004, Build 1941.746. This happened many months ago, and I had given up on a fix, short of a complete re-installation. After all I have sound just no stereo. I have repeatedly tried every fix suggested on the internet, including, buying a new sound card just for W-10. After installation, exact same results. Because of great success as a newbie on this site with my first problem, I'm hoping I can have the same results from its knowledgeable followers. Thanks in advance for any help. Jim

:)

wbfjim, Jan 23, 2021

2. W-10 does not allow Creative sound, but W-7 and Fedora do

I have a lab PC with a swap-rack so I can switch between OS, mainly Fedora and W-7. The PC also has an older (five years) Creative sound card. I have a second copy of W-7 which I recently allowed to be changed to W-10. The Fedora and W

-7 systems work as they should, allowing me to listen to music (I'm doing so as I write this via W-7). However, the W-10 system gives no sound of any kind. I played around with device drivers and could not make it work. I tried the troubleshooter, but it
    found nothing wrong.

Then I took a spare hard drive and installed W-10 from a disc (the anniversary edition downloaded two weeks ago). As soon as it booted, I looked at Device Manager, but it displayed no errors at all. I tried to play an MP3 file, but nothing. No systems sounds
    either. Then I installed the recommended Creative driver and rebooted, but still no sound.

So neither W-10's generic driver nor Creative's driver work. If anyone has any suggestions I'd like to hear them, otherwise I'll revert W-10 back to W-7.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

baroque-quest, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Upgrade w 7 to W 10

Hello,

Cannot upgrade w 7 to w 10 getrs locked to infinite 0 does not move even after severasl hours

akso try differently by placing the ESO on the desktop and uploading after, still the same result

How can this work normally ?

Please hlep

Thank you

Antoinette1, Jan 23, 2021
  4. W-10, lost left channel sound shortly after Upgrade from W-7

W-10 does not allow Creative sound, but W-7 and Fedora do

That's interesting about being able to block specific drivers. One of the moderators told me just last week or so that it was all or nothing. Nothing about W-10 is unanimous.

Okay, I built a W-10 system on a spare drive. I looked at properties for the Creative driver and selected the compatibility mode for W-7, the OS I know works with the sound card. However, after a reboot, there is still no sound.

I reverted back to W-7.

Thanks for your help.

baroque-quest, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

W-10, lost left channel sound shortly after Upgrade from W-7

1. W-10, lost left channel sound shortly after Upgrade from W-7 - Similar Threads - lost left channel

2. 7 to 10 upgrade - issue w lost email archive - access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    7 to 10 upgrade - issue w lost email archive - access denied: upgraded from 7 to 10 when opening email archive folder said I do not have permission to open. I have years of emails there. Now the archive file has disappeared. How can I fix this and recover my archived emails....
  3. Upgrade w 7 to W 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade w 7 to W 10: Hello, Cannot upgrade w 7 to w 10 getrs locked to infinite 0 does not move even after severasl hours akso try differently by placing the ESO on the desktop and uploading after, still the same result How can this work normally ? Please hlep Thank you...
  4. W-7 to W-10 Upgrade disrupted Applications, could it be the PC Name?

in Windows 10 Support
    W-7 to W-10 Upgrade disrupted Applications, could it be the PC Name?: We just upgraded to W-10. Our W-7 Computer name was: TGS-Client-01 Our W-7 Full Computer name was: TGS-Client-01 Our W-7 Computer description was: The General Store Client 01 Workgroup was: WORKGROUP During the Upgrade we used: Our W-10 Computer name is: TGS-Server Our W-10...
  5. 10 free upgrade from W-7 Pro to 10 Pro ??

10 free upgrade from W-7 Pro to 10 Pro ??: Done a lot of free upgrades from W-7 Home to 10 Home with no problem. Now have a W-7 Pro that wants to be upgraded to 10 Pro. Can I use my usual method, going to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 and doing the upgrade this PC?? Pete 146200
  6. Short Cuts in W 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Short Cuts in W 10: How do I create a shortcut to Control Panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/short-cuts-in-w-10/e1b06c67-3ccf-4397-82de-576d5af26629
  7. Upgrade from W7 to W 10 Error

Upgrade from W7 to W 10 Error: How can i solve this Issue below: 0x8007042B - 0x2000D migrate_data safe_os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-w7-to-w-10-error/ffd0cd37-10ff-44dd-8073-f685a670e633
  8. How to upgrade W-7 laptop to W-10 without factory recovery partition?

How to upgrade W-7 laptop to W-10 without factory recovery partition?: Hello everyone. I have a fairly new Dell laptop that I installed a SSD in after cloning the original HDD. Somehow the factory recovery partition was not copied to the SSD. I have tried twice to upgrade to W-10 and each time it has failed with error message 0XC1900200....
  9. Upgrade to W 10 from W 8 NOT W 8.1

Upgrade to W 10 from W 8 NOT W 8.1: I have a silly problem. I run W 8 on my desktop computer but have never been able to upgrade to W 8.1 as I have never been able to open Windows Store, despite multiple solutions none of which have worked. The only solution of reinstalling W 8 has not appealed! I am happy with...
  10. W 7 Pro to W 10 on a Panasonic Toughbook - many failures

in Windows 10 Support
    W 7 Pro to W 10 on a Panasonic Toughbook - many failures: I have just updated from W 7 Pro, my Panasonic Cf-53JSWZGDE using the standard Microsoft download. I noticed that a warning flashed on the screen about a Bluetooth problem, during the update. The BT mouse no longer works, but no yellow indicator in the Device Manager. The...