Windows 10: w 10 notepad hijack

Discus and support w 10 notepad hijack in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, every time i try to download a pdf or any other info file, it comes out in notepad, which just shows a page of code. its my fault for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kriz, Nov 4, 2018.

1. kriz Win User

w 10 notepad hijack

Hi All, every time i try to download a pdf or any other info file, it comes out in notepad, which just shows a page of code.
    its my fault for selecting notepad at some stage, but now i cannot change it back to Adobe or just get my system to recognize a download as a simple pdf ect
    any advice appreciated
    Chris*092

:)

kriz, Nov 4, 2018

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 4, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, Nov 4, 2018
  4. JCabebe Win User

w 10 notepad hijack

Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Nov 4, 2018
Thema:

w 10 notepad hijack

1. w 10 notepad hijack - Similar Threads - notepad hijack

2. notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad: Why does notepad open my files in very small windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad/e741a3b7-847f-47e3-9060-a1ab54cd08c8
  3. Cannot make new folders, notepads, etc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot make new folders, notepads, etc.: When I right click the context menu doesn't have the "New" tab to create things. Anyway to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-make-new-folders-notepads-etc/a6b12c39-3eae-46bb-a16b-3bd46701a241"
  4. Change the default encoding for saving MS-Notepad files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the default encoding for saving MS-Notepad files: The default is always UTF-8 What should I do? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-encoding-for-saving-ms-notepad/a140e14e-5ea2-4595-a56c-c211de1712e5
  5. Issue with Notepad font for Windows 10

Issue with Notepad font for Windows 10: Hello everyone, I recently receive a notepad file and the font is been displayed in a format that I cannot read. Does anyone know how to fix it? I would appreciate your help Thanks [ATTACH]...
  6. Notepad in Windows 10 Pro

Notepad in Windows 10 Pro: I cannot save changes to an existing file in Notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-in-windows-10-pro/88e6fd7e-e990-416e-a70f-d5e0de3a8c10"
  7. NotePad Disliked by so many and promoted so hard by Microsoft

NotePad Disliked by so many and promoted so hard by Microsoft: I personally hate4 NotePad because it has ruined so many of my projects when it goes into OneDrive. I used to use a lot of the products that were licensed by Microsoft but with this latest change I had to switch because NotePad does not allow the graphics that I use like...
  8. Window 10-64 byte notepad issue

Window 10-64 byte notepad issue: I installed window 10 64byte for my Laptop. Other things worked quite good but when I create a .txt file by notepad then save it into my Desktop. It did not exist in desktop icon but i existed in Desktop Folder!!! What is this happen? Dell Latitude E5410 please!!!...
  9. Compressed files and notepad

Compressed files and notepad: I'm attempted to download a file that was downloading as a notepad text. This file is supposed to be a compressed file with a program that runs after it's unzipped however I can't get the file to revert back to it's original state from the site....
  10. w 10 notepad hijack

w 10 notepad hijack: Hi All, every time i try to download a pdf or any other info file, it comes out in notepad, which just shows a page of code. its my fault for selecting notepad at some stage, but now i cannot change it back to Adobe or just get my system to recognize a download as a simple...