Windows 10: W and E keys don't work in combination with Ctrl+Space

Discus and support W and E keys don't work in combination with Ctrl+Space in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know it's a little specific but i find this really strange since Ctrl+Space+ all the other keys work fine. It's only W and E. it's annoying because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/emielemuis, Mar 24, 2021.

1. W and E keys don't work in combination with Ctrl+Space

I know it's a little specific but i find this really strange since Ctrl+Space+ all the other keys work fine. It's only W and E. it's annoying because I need to use Ctrl+Space+W for a program. I don't think it's a keyboard issue since again, all the other keys work in the combination.

Is some other program hijacking the combination or what else could it be?

submitted by /u/emielemuis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/emielemuis, Mar 24, 2021

2. Ctrl + C key Combination is not working in my windows 10 Laptop

Ctrl + C key combination is not working in windows 10 laptop. Other Ctrl Combination is working. i tried reinstalling the drivers but didn't help.

this problem is not applicable to one application but to all apps. Please Suggest a solution.

Adityadave, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Cannot type é using key combination ´+e (problem with diacritics)

I think your thread will suffer from use of the term 'Dead keys' because I have never seen that used to mean anything other than a key that does nothing when it is pressed.

I suggest that you omit that term from your post.

Since the title of a thread cannot be changed, I suggest that you create a new thread called something like, "Cannot type é using key combination AltGr+`+e"

Then come back here and either delete this thread or post a link to your new one.

I also suggest that you test some other key combination to make sure the AltGr key works - the symbol often requires this [AltGr+4] so try that.
    I cannot be any direct help to you because I long ago abandoned use of AltGr key combinations to achieve accented characters [until I read your post, I did not know / had forgotten this method existed]. Instead, I use these shortcuts in Word & in Outlook Calendar, Emails, Contacts [Notes field only]
    Á á Ctrl' {on the @ key} then A/a {and the same for the other vowels}
    À à Ctrl` {on the top-left triple key} then A/a {and the same for the other vowels}
    Ç ç Ctrl, then C/c

Ä ä Ctrl: then A/a
    Ö ö Ctrl: then O/o
    Ü ü Ctrl: then U/u
    ß Ctrl& then s
    I also keep those blocks of characters in an MS Outlook Note {because I always have Outlook open} and just copy from them in other applications.

Best of luck,
    Denis

4. wrecche Win User

W and E keys don't work in combination with Ctrl+Space

Windows 10 KB4467682 changes, ctrl+shift+e ?

Hi Muralidhar,

I performed the steps as you provided, and the option was already set to off. Toggling it to ensure the setting has stuck, did not resolve the problem. HotKeyList still shows

Ctrl+Shift+E

Ctrl+Shift+Q

Ctrl+Shift+W

as new;y added hotkeys that seemingly serve no purpose other than to take control over those combinations. Only Ctrl+Shift+E is what I am concerned about.

I wish there was a way to determine exactly what application or service had the need for these keys.

Thanks again, but so far no luck.

wrecche, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

W and E keys don't work in combination with Ctrl+Space

1. W and E keys don't work in combination with Ctrl+Space - Similar Threads - keys don't combination

2. Ctrl W not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl W not working: I recently updated my computer to Windows 11, and I was having an issue with the GameBar, where whenever I used the shortcut ctrl w, the GameBar popped up. I found a way to disable this by removing the GameBar, but now my ctrl w shortcut won't work. Any help would be much...
  3. Ctrl W not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl W not working: I recently updated my computer to Windows 11, and I was having an issue with the GameBar, where whenever I used the shortcut ctrl w, the GameBar popped up. I found a way to disable this by removing the GameBar, but now my ctrl w shortcut won't work. Any help would be much...
  4. Keyboard combination Ctrl+C and Ctrl+A not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard combination Ctrl+C and Ctrl+A not working: Right before somewhere last 2 week the combination of mentioned in title are still working fine. Ctrl+C and Ctrl+A isn't working anymore, maybe caused by updates somewhere between that time. I sought solution online Troubleshooting, driver keyboard reinstall, CMD property...
  5. Keyboard combination Ctrl+C and Ctrl+A not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard combination Ctrl+C and Ctrl+A not working: Right before somewhere last 2 week the combination of mentioned in title are still working fine. Ctrl+C and Ctrl+A isn't working anymore, maybe caused by updates somewhere between that time. I sought solution online Troubleshooting, driver keyboard reinstall, CMD property...
  6. Keyboard combination Ctrl+C and Ctrl+A not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Ctrl key don't work

Ctrl key don't work: Hello, I have windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. the both Ctrl key don't work in my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-key-dont-work/9c57228f-fac6-4bc7-8711-3a461f741a42
  8. Keyboard keys E and W do not work

Keyboard keys E and W do not work: Hello, The keys on my laptop 'e' and 'w' do not work. I have tried removing the keys and cleaning underneath them, still doesn't work. I have updated all the updates due on my laptop, restarted my laptop. I have ran a security check - no viruses. Any ideas on how I can get...
  9. The two Alt keys don't work in combinations

in Windows 10 Customization
    The two Alt keys don't work in combinations: Hi, I would like to solve this annoying windows prank windows 10 in my case The two Alt keys no longer work for me in "custom combinations" of keys and not even in ctrl-alt-del. - I have no virus - the right Alt key works in the combination of special characters @#][ - the...
  10. (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.: As said in the title, some Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations don't work in my system (kind of, actually). In Notepad++, the 'Save All' keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+S) doesn't work. In Visual Studio 2017, the 'Open Project/Solution...' (Ctrl+Shift+O) doesn't work either, the...