Windows 10: W keeps pressing when I release after pressing for too long

Discus and support W keeps pressing when I release after pressing for too long in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have this problem when I press W the button keeps pressing itself even after I release for a short while, I have this problem for Overwatch and CS:GO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bukmand, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Bukmand Win User

W keeps pressing when I release after pressing for too long

I have this problem when I press W the button keeps pressing itself even after I release for a short while, I have this problem for Overwatch and CS:GO it's really annoying. and I tested in notepad and still the same problem.

:)

Bukmand, Aug 11, 2019

2. W key stays pressed after long press

I have been using my Dell Inspiron 15 7547 laptop, for a year, it has only been sent for repairing once (Screen stopped working, they did nothing to the keyboard) for pretty much everything. And about a month ago this problem started happening. When I leave
    the w key pressed for a long time, it stays pressed for a while.

One of the many things I do, and probably in which I spend about 60% of my time on the laptop, is playing video games, and my client is modded, so I thought that maybe it was a glitch in the mod. I tried uninstalling the mod, but it still happened. So then
    I went to Word, and did the same stuff, and I discovered, that it also happens in there.

Then I decided to test something, so I put a stopwatch on my phone, and I started it at about the same time as I started pressing the key w. After 25 seconds of pressing it, I released it, and it stayed pressed (Not really down, but it types the letter w
    as if it were) for another 5 seconds, then I did the same, but I pressed it for 50 seconds, the key stayed pressed for 10 seconds. If you didn't notice yet, both 5/25 and 10/50 are 0.2, so I got to the conclusion that for every 1 second my w key stays pressed,
    0.2 seconds accumulate, and so, when I release the key, depending on how many seconds I pressed it, let's say for example 3 seconds, the key will stay pressed for a number of seconds times 0.2, in this case, 0.6 seconds. At this point I couldn't believe it,
    so I searched on the internet to see if anyone had the same problem, and I found people with this problem, but no solutions. I tried the same test, but removing the key, just pressing the pad, and it had the same effect.

If anyone has this same problem/knows how to solve it please tell me

UPDATE #1: Now it's about 0.9 seconds per second

RaphaelOssa, Aug 11, 2019
  3. manofthem Win User
    Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Aug 11, 2019
  4. The Mac Win User

15.3.1 Press drivers

my kingdom for the win7 press release drivers...

lol

The Mac, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

1. W keeps pressing when I release after pressing for too long - Similar Threads - keeps pressing release

2. mouse not moving when key pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse not moving when key pressed: my mouse doesn't move when a key is pressed. I noticed that when I started playing osu! I have an HP Envy computer with a Synaptics SMBus ClickPad trackpad. I unchecked "hide pointer while typing" but the problem continues. Is there any fix? If so, what's the fix?...
  3. When i press shift it deletes a character.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When i press shift it deletes a character.: this makes it really hard to write. since if I press shift it backspaces. any help cant make parenthesis or a question mark sorry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-shift-it-deletes-a-character/2a31b6e7-f0a7-4100-9beb-a99224993b3a
  4. when ever i press d on my keyboard it keep closing my tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when ever i press d on my keyboard it keep closing my tab: when ever i press d on my keyboard it keep closing my tab i got lenovo window 10 i even ran a sfc and malwarebyte and still didnt fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-ever-i-press-d-on-my-keyboard-it-keep-closing/e15e000b-160b-4d45-b15f-24cdbcec5443
  5. Certain keys not registering when pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain keys not registering when pressed: Both my a and f keys don't seem to registrar when I click them so I wonder if there is anything to be done. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-keys-not-registering-when-pressed/cb3b3ba9-261c-405a-a03e-4991414e6a49
  6. Word press

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word press: not sure if suitable but it is software. I want to put wordpress blog into a sub domain, ok so far, it goes into a folder called 'wp' - but how do I open it to begin inserting relevant items onto page. Or is there another section to download inot the same folder, it does not...
  7. pressing and releasing the mouse wheel opens file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pressing and releasing the mouse wheel opens file explorer.: How to get rid of this shortcut. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pressing-and-releasing-the-mouse-wheel-opens-file/e599b000-a5fb-4fd4-abe7-3667f6b1f7de"
  8. Pressing w minimizes active window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pressing w minimizes active window: Has anyone seen an issue in Windows 10 Pro, where pressing w in a search bar in file explorer, Virtual DJ 8, or Serato DJ on a laptop, minimizes the active window and shows all windows and a vertical timeline? Pressing W (capital w) doesn't do this only lower-case w....
  9. Games Crashing When I Press Spacebar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Crashing When I Press Spacebar: Ever since I upgraded to Win10 my games have been crashing when I press Spacebar. I play D3 and LoL. Both of them I use spacebar a lot in so my games crash a lot. It doesn't happen every time, but the times it doesn't crash the screen kinda flickers (Not always, but maybe...
  10. Tones When Pressing Keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Tones When Pressing Keys: Intermittently, when I press some keys on the keyboard, I would hear a triple-tone from Windows 10. Nothing would happen, but the three tones have progressively lower pitch, immediately followed by a four-tone signal, which have progressively higher pitch. This is the same...