Windows 10: "W" Key keeps "sticking" in games or dosent function

Discus and support "W" Key keeps "sticking" in games or dosent function in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been having this problem for a month or so now after one of the updates. In games like COD Warzone and Subnautica the "W" key will stick without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BulletGenius, Jun 17, 2021.

1. "W" Key keeps "sticking" in games or dosent function

I have been having this problem for a month or so now after one of the updates. In games like COD Warzone and Subnautica the "W" key will stick without being pressed for 5 seconds almost to the point or will not read my presses for the same amount of time. I have tried all the recommended things like uninstalling the keyboard drivers and letting them reinstall upon restart. Also, ran a full anti-virus scan, checked sticky keys. It is not a mechanical issue as this is a brand new Rog Zephyrus a couple months working perfectly before problem and no problems with typing. Thank you

:)

BulletGenius, Jun 17, 2021
  2. Rocks Win User

Function keys won't work w/o hitting Fn key also

So how do I get to BIOS + what do I do when I get there? The keyboard came with the new computer. Not impressed with any of it + especially Windows 10. The function keys clearly have their use listed on the key, but they won't work w/o the Fn key. That's definitely not right.

Rocks, Jun 17, 2021
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 17, 2021
  4. "W" Key keeps "sticking" in games or dosent function

Games keep crashing on Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform that the games which were working in previous Operating System may or may not work in Windows 10 due to compatibility issues. I suggest you to check for the latest version of the games which are not working, check compatibility
    with Windows 10 and install. If the latest version is not available or if the games are not compatible, suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Download the setup files for the game nd save it on your local disk.

• Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.

• Select “Compatibility” Tab.

• Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

• Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

"W" Key keeps "sticking" in games or dosent function

1. "W" Key keeps "sticking" in games or dosent function - Similar Threads - Key keeps sticking

2. W and 2 keys not functioning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W and 2 keys not functioning.: I recently purchased an Acer swift laptop and everything started smoothly until recently It's started mapping the W and 2 keys to windows and fn respectively. So when I press the W key when trying to type it suddenly performs every windows function under the sun lock,...
  3. W and 2 keys not functioning.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W and 2 keys not functioning.: I recently purchased an Acer swift laptop and everything started smoothly until recently It's started mapping the W and 2 keys to windows and fn respectively. So when I press the W key when trying to type it suddenly performs every windows function under the sun lock,...
  4. w key keep going forward when play any game that are crossfire game or building game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    w key keep going forward when play any game that are crossfire game or building game: i keep walking forward when playing game it really annyoing and i hate it can anyone pls help me i been trying to fix and didnt find anything...
  5. Function keys keep reverting to media keys!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function keys keep reverting to media keys!: My laptop running windows 10 keeps reverting somehow to F1-F12 keys using their media functions. I know how to change them back with BIOS on reboot but it's causing real problems mainly because F2 is a common hotkey in my work software and it's media function is to toggle...
  6. Keys Sticking When Gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keys Sticking When Gaming: All, I've exhausted all efforts to figure out why my keys get stuck while gaming. It's very sporadic but if I'm playing a game and using the WASD keys or ctrl or shift they key will stay in a stuck position until I hit that key again. No other key press ends the one being...
  7. my w key sticks not physically when playing games or holding for around 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my w key sticks not physically when playing games or holding for around 10 seconds: ive checked under my w key and everything looked normal, i've updated my keyboard drivers and I've tried trouble shooting it, i also have the latest updates to windows 10. i also have disabled sticky keys. when im playing a game, i would be walking in the game, and when i let...
  8. Function keys while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys while gaming: I am sure this has been asked before, but how do I set my function keys so that while I am gaming, I don't have to hit Fn+f key to do an in-game command? If it helps, I am on an HP Pavilion Notebook...
  9. Function keys not working in games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function keys not working in games: When I play a game like for example, Fortnite, the F1-F12 buttons don't correspond to what's in my game options. when I press F1 it takes me out of the game to "how to get help in windows 10" instead of doing what's in the game and I don't know how to change it....
  10. How to switch the FN key function on a laptop that dosent support it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to switch the FN key function on a laptop that dosent support it?: i have a cyberpower fangbook 3, normally to change the volume i have to press fn+ f9 or f8 just to change the volume. I would like to change that so that i dont have to press the FN key to do things like that but unlike any other laptop i had theres no way to do that as far...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w key stuck in game