Windows 10: W/o program, how to Windows 10 Search Fast (minutes not hours)

Discus and support W/o program, how to Windows 10 Search Fast (minutes not hours) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; W/o program, how to deal with Windows 10 Search Slow AQS doc obsolete w/o notice cmd output to file but not as powerful? With CMD output to file, I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sunny123, Aug 7, 2021.

1. sunny123 Win User

W/o program, how to Windows 10 Search Fast (minutes not hours)

W/o program, how to deal with Windows 10 Search Slow AQS doc obsolete w/o notice cmd output to file but not as powerful? With CMD output to file, I can sometimes but not often, tolerate cmd-Search during off-work but more importantly, CMD is missing: 1.ez support for Unicode 2.file properties such as comments Following is what I found Windows 10 Search need improvement:
    1. AQS parameter names can be replaced w/o Microsoft notice
    2. Absence of output to Text file capabilty of CMD
    3. Poor support for scripting
    4. Combination of Search Terms limited
    5. My company PC is 3 year old DELL laptop (16GB Ram, 400GB SSD). Windows 10 File Search is slow (often hours).

:)

sunny123, Aug 7, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Aug 7, 2021
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 7, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

1. W/o program, how to Windows 10 Search Fast (minutes not hours) - Similar Threads - program Search Fast

2. How to redirect Windows 10 File Search Result to Text File? (w/o CMD)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to redirect Windows 10 File Search Result to Text File? (w/o CMD): I tried VBScript (thinking Microsoft allows CMD output-redirect) w/o success. My company restrict 3rd party apps. 183507
  3. Windows 10 is s ... l ... o ... w ...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is s ... l ... o ... w ...: I use my Windows 7 computer whenever possible, ie, not at work.To wait 15 minutes for the Windows 7 disk to grind thru files whenever I power on or wake from sleep is ridiculous.Looking at Linux and Mac....
  4. How to search Excel Files w/o Admin Right when ⒈ Windows 10...

in Cortana
    How to search Excel Files w/o Admin Right when ⒈ Windows 10...: I am looking to search Excel Files w/o resorting to programming:⒈ Why " Index Properties and File Contents" require Admin right?⒉What to do, non-programmatically, w/o Admin right?⒊ Why discrepancy user can search programmatically but not non-programmatically ?Thanks Ahead!...
  5. Windows 10 activation w/o internet

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation w/o internet: How do I activate win 10 without internet. Is there a phone number? I have the product key. Bought the PC from someone else, had to reset it. Don't have internet available. Thanks!...
  6. S-L-O-W System Faltering Fast :O(

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    S-L-O-W System Faltering Fast :O(: Trying to debug my workstation issues at work and really needing some help. Really s-l-o-w working with Autodesk inventor 2020 working with files on our server but some localized issues, too, that I'm thinking may be affecting that. With Inventor files that used to take a...
  7. Is there a way to unlock files w/o another program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to unlock files w/o another program?: Photoshop keeps generating undeletable debug.log's (only solution is rebooting which is not ideal) and many of the programs recommended do not seem to work on the latest Win10 build. Surely there's a way to do this natively? submitted by /u/Cinderbike [link] [comments]...
  8. background programs using memory & how stop w/o problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background programs using memory & how stop w/o problems: Running background programs use up memory so can't use. am 81 & not computer knowledgeable. Ran autoruns now what do? Someday you'll be old & won't have a clue. Hopefully you won't....
  9. How to use O&O ShutUp 10 / Alternative program ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use O&O ShutUp 10 / Alternative program ?: Hi, I want to disable all crap telemetry in Windows 10 including: 1) Windows 10 Keylogger, Cortana, adds and unecessary apps from the start menu 2) Disable\prevent Microsoft from accessing my files stored locally on my PC to prevent them accessing my confidential files...
  10. Restore Windows 10 OS w/o deleting files and programs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Windows 10 OS w/o deleting files and programs?: My Windows 10 OS on my SSD main drive crapped out after installing a new Windows 10 update. Can no longer boot from this drive. Tried to reinstall the OS from a Windows Install disk, but it will not permit me to do this, since the SSD is partitioned with an MBR. Is there a...