Windows 10: W, S, 2, and X keys aren’t working

Discus and support W, S, 2, and X keys aren’t working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The W, S, 2, and X keys randomly stopped working completely and I require one of those keys to login into my computerIt started to stop and start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tuan-Anh, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Tuan-Anh Win User

W, S, 2, and X keys aren’t working

The W, S, 2, and X keys randomly stopped working completely and I require one of those keys to login into my computerIt started to stop and start working randomly for a couple of weeks and one day they just stopped working completely, and I “2” is currently in my passwordI entered the incorrect password too many times so it had required me to enter a code to try again, but the code also had one of the characters that weren’t working.

:)

Tuan-Anh, Dec 3, 2022

2. Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Dec 3, 2022
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool W, S, 2, and X keys aren’t working :cool:

jmcslob, Dec 3, 2022
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

1. W, S, 2, and X keys aren’t working - Similar Threads - keys aren’t working

2. 2 W S X keys aren't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 W S X keys aren't working.: My 2 S W X keys and all volume keys increase, decrease and mute aren't working. Thought it was a hardware problem and got a Bluetooth keyboard until I can give it to repairs, but same problem, can't use the 2 W S X or volume keys. This leads me to believe it's a software...
  3. 2 W S X keys aren't working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 W S X keys aren't working.: My 2 S W X keys and all volume keys increase, decrease and mute aren't working. Thought it was a hardware problem and got a Bluetooth keyboard until I can give it to repairs, but same problem, can't use the 2 W S X or volume keys. This leads me to believe it's a software...
  4. 2 W S X keys aren't working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. W, S, 2, and X keys aren’t working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W, S, 2, and X keys aren’t working: The W, S, 2, and X keys randomly stopped working completely and I require one of those keys to login into my computerIt started to stop and start working randomly for a couple of weeks and one day they just stopped working completely, and I “2” is currently in my passwordI...
  6. W, S, 2, and X keys aren’t working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W, S, 2, and X keys aren’t working: The W, S, 2, and X keys randomly stopped working completely and I require one of those keys to login into my computerIt started to stop and start working randomly for a couple of weeks and one day they just stopped working completely, and I “2” is currently in my passwordI...
  7. W S X keys suddenly stop working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W S X keys suddenly stop working.: Sometime its worked sometime it doesn't . last thing I downloaded is a auto-clicker and I uninstalled it . And how i can know if its a hardware or a software problem ....
  8. 2, w, and s keys not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2, w, and s keys not working?: got a nice laptop a month or two ago, and i've been playing some games with it online with friends. during game my keys just stop working. I can't use them outside of game either... any help? submitted by /u/ok_phatty [link] [comments]...
  9. My Acer Aspiron E5-571 Keys "2, q, w, s, x, z, WIN-KEY" are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Acer Aspiron E5-571 Keys "2, q, w, s, x, z, WIN-KEY" are not working: Hello everyone, I have this laptop as mentioned above. ACER Aspiron E5-571. A few days back certain combination of keys stopped working at all. 2,Q,W,S,X,Z,WIN are the keys stopped working. I have searched through the internet for various solutions and found out many. Like...
  10. F5, F6, F7, F8, 2, W, S, X keys not working!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F5, F6, F7, F8, 2, W, S, X keys not working!: Good evening! As stated in the title, my 2, w, s, x keys as well as the F5 to F8 are not working at all. I am using a HP Pavillion 15-N003SQ that I've been having for 5 or 6 years (a long time I know) as well as having Windows 10 Pro. I had no...