Windows 10: W10 15 hours Black screen

Discus and support W10 15 hours Black screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Well first post did not explain this well, why i asked a question first, now you cleared it up. First wait for Icon to appear, keep rechecking windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ann66noe, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Ann66noe Win User

W10 15 hours Black screen

I just turned on the computer that I am trying to upgrade to W10 and the following message appears. "We couldn't install Windows 10. We've set your PC back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 10. 0XC1900101-0X2000C
    The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during APPLY_IMAGE operation" There is a box in lower left hand corner of this message window labeled, "Troubleshooting tips."

Ann66noe, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Ann66noe Win User

WOW!! Thank you, Rich.

Ann66noe, Aug 4, 2015
  3. pbug56 Win User
    Same problem for me. Tried to upgrade using Media download directly to upgrade, that failed, so I went for the DVD I created from media download for Pro 64 bit, coming from Win 7 fully patched and up to date. No newer bios available from Asus. Got the message that upgrade failed during the apply image operation. Talk about vague. I've used cccleaner and diskcleaner as well. Only AV is MSE. Any ideas greatly appreciated!

pbug56, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Uninstall MSE, it has also caused people upgrade problems.

Ztruker, Aug 9, 2015
  5. pbug56 Win User
    I'm never too proud to take suggestions, even when I'd like to think that MS had grown up enough to not let an AV tool it makes interfere with a Windows upgrade. But you were dead on; hopefully I should be up on 10 Pro on one box in a few minutes. It is truly sick that they've not only not fixed such a problem, but that they don't remind, or even prompt you to turn it off.

As I write, 10 just came up on that PC; even QuickLaunch came through just fine. I'm sure there will be issues, but apps are opening, desktop is almost identical to what I had on 7. Something from Office 2010 is still installing. Overall things look good.

Thanks!

pbug56, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    That's good news. Glad you're up and running on 10.

Ztruker, Aug 10, 2015
  7. pbug56 Win User
    Had a weird issue on the first reboot; got to the login page and the password field was ghosted out. I was able to redisplay the page - normally, and have not seen that problem first. I'm not happy that Backup does not work on WD My Book external hard drives (for no known reason), and also unhappy because you need to use a MS login for Cortana to work. Also have a few items that do not auto start; hopefully I'll resolve that.

One oddity that I'm happy about; it turns out to be easy (if you are willing to ignore MS) to run gadgets under Win 10; someone out there created an installer that works nicely. So far, beyond that, every app I've tried runs normally; only 1 reinstallation so far.

Like others, I'm unhappy about forced update installations given how buggy MS Windows Updates still are.

Overall, Win 10 hardly looks or feels different then 7 other then being more responsive on an already fast tower PC.

pbug56, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 15 hours Black screen - Similar Threads - W10 hours Black

2. Black screening every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screening every few hours: Hi, My pc has been crashing every now and again for the past few weeks, but now it is starting to happen every hour. It is also no longer giving me a blue screen and is now just turning off my monitors and black screening. I have tried quite a lot of solutions online but...
  3. Black screening every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screening every few hours: Hi, My pc has been crashing every now and again for the past few weeks, but now it is starting to happen every hour. It is also no longer giving me a blue screen and is now just turning off my monitors and black screening. I have tried quite a lot of solutions online but...
  4. Black screening every few hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen issue Lenovo LOQ 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen issue Lenovo LOQ 15: So I recently bought the Lenovo LOQ15. Amazing laptop but every time I start it, I get a black screen... Apperantly this is 'normal' for this laptop. But I don't think so... So I either restart the laptop by holding the power button, or I wait a few minutes and then it...
  6. Black screen issue Lenovo LOQ 15

Black screen issue Lenovo LOQ 15: So I recently bought the Lenovo LOQ15. Amazing laptop but every time I start it, I get a black screen... Apperantly this is 'normal' for this laptop. But I don't think so... So I either restart the laptop by holding the power button, or I wait a few minutes and then it...
  7. Black screen W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen W10: Hiya, I've been having a problem that has just recently occurred to me. I was playing a game as usual when all of a sudden, my screen went black for about 5 seconds, then the game crashed and it brought me back to my desktop, no error message, nothing... It's been happening...
  8. Black screen W10

Black screen W10: Hiya, I've been having a problem that has just recently occurred to me. I was playing a game as usual when all of a sudden, my screen went black for about 5 seconds, then the game crashed and it brought me back to my desktop, no error message, nothing... It's been happening...
  9. Black screen W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Black screen in W10 in VMware

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen in W10 in VMware: I'm using W10 in VMWare and everything's been working OK up to now. However, I'm now getting a black screen after adding my password. Black screen - white cursor. Only thing I can do is bring up Task Manager - (Alt - Ctrl and Ins in VMware.) but I don't know enough to make...