Windows 10: W10 1607 LTSB / mpssvc - Firewall doesn't start with Error 'the data is invalid'

Discus and support W10 1607 LTSB / mpssvc - Firewall doesn't start with Error 'the data is invalid' in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HiI'm Browsing the net since a few days and spent some time trying to fix an issue I have. The Symptoms I have are the following:Symptom 1. mpssvc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David Scholz, Apr 29, 2021.

1. W10 1607 LTSB / mpssvc - Firewall doesn't start with Error 'the data is invalid'

HiI'm Browsing the net since a few days and spent some time trying to fix an issue I have. The Symptoms I have are the following:Symptom 1. mpssvc doesn't startI used to have two Event ID 7024 saying either 'The Windows Firewall Service terminated with the following service-specific error: The data is invalid'orthe other one Shows in Eventlog 'The mpssvc Service terminated with the following service-specific error: The data is invalid'IMPORTANT to note is that I always get both Messages, but after applying Fix 2 below, the Name is for both Events now 'The Windows Firewall..., so mpssvc vanishe

:)

David Scholz, Apr 29, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

W10 1607 LTSB / mpssvc - Firewall doesn't start with Error 'the data is invalid' [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 29, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

W10 1607 LTSB / mpssvc - Firewall doesn't start with Error 'the data is invalid' [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Apr 29, 2021
  4. W10 1607 LTSB / mpssvc - Firewall doesn't start with Error 'the data is invalid'

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

W10 1607 LTSB / mpssvc - Firewall doesn't start with Error 'the data is invalid'

1. W10 1607 LTSB / mpssvc - Firewall doesn't start with Error 'the data is invalid' - Similar Threads - W10 1607 LTSB

2. The data is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The data is invalid: I remember cleaning some temp files and the day after that, a error saying no data found when I try to open any .txt, .jpeg or even the snipping tool and paint. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-data-is-invalid/293e58b9-741a-4b1b-a78a-1bc3c0d7149f
  3. The data is invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The data is invalid: I remember cleaning some temp files and the day after that, a error saying no data found when I try to open any .txt, .jpeg or even the snipping tool and paint. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-data-is-invalid/293e58b9-741a-4b1b-a78a-1bc3c0d7149f
  4. Upgrading from LTSB 1607 to LTSC 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from LTSB 1607 to LTSC 21H2: Hello all,I have an offline system running LTSB 1607 2016 and it needs to upgrade to LTSC 21H2This is the same channel and I have a licensed .ISO of 21H2 LTSC I mount the dvd and execute the setup.exe as admin. It appears to accept the image for an update and grinds through...
  5. Upgrading from LTSB 1607 to LTSC 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from LTSB 1607 to LTSC 21H2: Hello all,I have an offline system running LTSB 1607 2016 and it needs to upgrade to LTSC 21H2This is the same channel and I have a licensed .ISO of 21H2 LTSC I mount the dvd and execute the setup.exe as admin. It appears to accept the image for an update and grinds through...
  6. Upgrading from LTSB 1607 to LTSC 21H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. keep 1607 old version and/or add 1607 ltsb updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keep 1607 old version and/or add 1607 ltsb updates: Hello, My laptop is very old, but works great with 1507 ou 1607 version. I tried new versions but it was or slow or impossible to install. So I have to stay with 1607 version. Please, I'm wondering the following : 1) I know 1607 is out of support, anyway I still see on...
  8. Trying to activate Window 10 LTSB 1607.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trying to activate Window 10 LTSB 1607.: I am trying to activate Window 10 LTSB 1607 but it doesn't work with keys from Internet? Although I had volume key license for this version 1607, I still need to verify that Window 10 v1607 need Internet access or not? and Does this activation work these commands I found...
  9. Data is invalid ???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data is invalid ???: what does data is in valid mean anytime i try to update my drivers it says it cant because of this and i cant figure out why please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/data-is-invalid/09968381-bb1d-450e-8d7a-c4f312a61aa3
  10. Can't Start Windows W10 Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't Start Windows W10 Firewall: Just spent a week trying to start the W10 firewall. Dozens of Google recommended solutions but none work. Yes, Services reports it's automatic but it isn't running. Simply get an error message when I try to start it. Anyone else have the problem or a solution? Already ran sfc...