Windows 10: W10 1803 -> 1903 Update Error - "Windows could not configure one or more..."

Discus and support W10 1803 -> 1903 Update Error - "Windows could not configure one or more..." in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 7100 with AMD hex core 1075T and 8GB ram. 500GB SSD & 1TB secondary drive. I've been running W10 1803 quite happily but the nags... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by i_mongo, Aug 10, 2019.

1. i_mongo Win User

W10 1803 -> 1903 Update Error - "Windows could not configure one or more..."

I have a Dell XPS 7100 with AMD hex core 1075T and 8GB ram. 500GB SSD & 1TB secondary drive.

I've been running W10 1803 quite happily but the nags from Microsoft are becoming irritating as 1803 nears end of support. I've tried installing 1903 at least a dozen times. I've followed every troubleshooting procedure I can find; I've pulled every peripheral including video card and sound card leaving just the mobo and SSD. Still get the same error "Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer then restart the installation". I've updated all my drivers and BIOS.

I have run an install in place. I have not run a clean install because losing my (old) applications would be a disaster. Some of them (like Picasa) even if I could reinstall would lose much valuable information.

I know this PC is not "certified" for W10 so I'd be quite happy to stay with 1803. Is there a way to tell Microsoft to stop bugging me about the update? A total wipeout because of a future security breach would be no worse than having to do a clean install.

If that's not possible I'd sure like to know what's the problem. I created a Windows Update log and it's in my dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qx7afofdm9jgpgk/WindowsUpdate.log?dl=0

I would sure appreciate any help.

Thanks, Joe

:)

i_mongo, Aug 10, 2019
  2. mist3r0 Win User

Windows Home 10 update from 1803 to 1903

I have windows 10 x64 home edition, version 1803.

I'm trying to update it to the new onw, version 1903, but my pc freezes every time when the installation is going to finish (around 80%).

I tried to update the OS in different ways:

1. Start > Settings > Update
      & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates.
      If updates are available, install them.
    2. Download the Update Assistant
    3. Download the Media Creation Tool 1903
    The result is always the same.

No errors, only pc freezing.

What do you suggest to do?

mist3r0, Aug 10, 2019
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 10, 2019
  4. W10 1803 -> 1903 Update Error - "Windows could not configure one or more..."

Win 10 1803 to 1903 update

My Desktop computer running Win 10 updated from version 1803 to 1903 a while back, but my Desktop running Win 10 version 1803

I'm assuming the update 1803 to 1903 has now resumed after the earlier problems caused a suspension?

Any thoughts, suggestions?

YadiraPatterson, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

W10 1803 -> 1903 Update Error - "Windows could not configure one or more..."

1. W10 1803 -> 1903 Update Error - "Windows could not configure one or more..." - Similar Threads - W10 1803 1903

2. windows could not configure one or more system files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows could not configure one or more system files: I have been having this problem for a while now and have not made any headway on fixing it. I have not been unable to update my windows due to this error and its starting to urk me especially with the upcoming may 2020 update. I have tried everything from reverting windows...
  3. Two Errors When Trying To UpdateWindows Could Not Configure One or More...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two Errors When Trying To UpdateWindows Could Not Configure One or More...: So I was Trying to update from 1803 to 1909 Using Media Creation Tool.Two Errors Came Up,You can see in the pictures listed below[IMG][IMG]...
  4. Win 10 from vs 1803 to 1903 fails: "Windows could not configure one or more system...

Win 10 from vs 1803 to 1903 fails: "Windows could not configure one or more system...: Tried numerous time and ways, but in the end, I always get the same result.. when Windows tried to apply the changes, I get the same error message mentioned in the subject line. All my drivers are up to date. There must be an install log that will point to the potential...
  5. Windows could not configure one or more system components.

Windows could not configure one or more system components.: I can't update past the 1803 version of windows, It has been months now. I would like to update, I get an error at 60% that says windows could not configure one or more system files. error code in log 0x8007001F...
  6. "Windows could not configure one or more system components" During System update to 1903

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows could not configure one or more system components" During System update to 1903: Hey all. I'm at a loss. Everything I've done doesn't seem to work. Basically what my problem is, is that i am trying to download my games from the new XBOX app for windows. During installation it states i need to have the most updated version of windows to complete...
  7. Windows could not configure one or more system components

in Windows 10 News
    Windows could not configure one or more system components: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you receive an error message, Windows could not configure one or more system components, while installing or upgrading Windows 10, then this post will be able to help you. Some of the users have also reported the following error [...] This post Windows...
  8. windows could not configure one or more components

windows could not configure one or more components: Keep getting this error when windows 10 attempts to update to version 1903. Gets to about 40% complete then stops and displays this error message. Restart the computer and it then simply removes changes made. Tried running trouble shooter as instructed to no avail....
  9. Error windows could not configure one ore more system components

Error windows could not configure one ore more system components: In attempt to update windows 10 to version 1903 such error appears "windows could not configure one ore more system components" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-windows-could-not-configure-one-ore-more/d1c22e95-bbfc-404b-8001-3b2db21a1dc6
  10. Windows 10 Update to Version 1709 falls with error Windows could not configure one or more...

Windows 10 Update to Version 1709 falls with error Windows could not configure one or more...: Does an error log exist that can provide details about the specific components that have a configuration error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-update-to-version-1709-falls-with-error/159da050-334d-4ee6-8f47-f0eedad1df75

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows could not configure one or more 1903

2. windows could not configure one or more

3. windows cant configure one or more update

4. one or more windows components are configured,
  5. windows 10 1903 windows could not configure one or more system components. hatası,
  6. windows 10 1903 could not configure,
  7. Windows could not configure one or more 1809,
  8. windows coud not configure,
  9. windows could not configure,
  10. windows could not configure some components,
  11. plantage install W10 version 1903 windows cannot install one or more components,
  12. windows could not configure one or more components win 10,
  13. which system components could not be configured by windows 10 in this computer?,
  14. windows 1903 windows could not configure one or more,
  15. windows could not configure system components error in winsows 10 verison 1809