Windows 10: W10 1803 -> 1903 Update Error - "Windows could not configure one or more..."

Discus and support W10 1803 -> 1903 Update Error - "Windows could not configure one or more..." in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 7100 with AMD hex core 1075T and 8GB ram. 500GB SSD & 1TB secondary drive. I've been running W10 1803 quite happily but the nags... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by i_mongo, Aug 10, 2019.

1. i_mongo Win User

W10 1803 -> 1903 Update Error - "Windows could not configure one or more..."

I have a Dell XPS 7100 with AMD hex core 1075T and 8GB ram. 500GB SSD & 1TB secondary drive.

I've been running W10 1803 quite happily but the nags from Microsoft are becoming irritating as 1803 nears end of support. I've tried installing 1903 at least a dozen times. I've followed every troubleshooting procedure I can find; I've pulled every peripheral including video card and sound card leaving just the mobo and SSD. Still get the same error "Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer then restart the installation". I've updated all my drivers and BIOS.

I have run an install in place. I have not run a clean install because losing my (old) applications would be a disaster. Some of them (like Picasa) even if I could reinstall would lose much valuable information.

I know this PC is not "certified" for W10 so I'd be quite happy to stay with 1803. Is there a way to tell Microsoft to stop bugging me about the update? A total wipeout because of a future security breach would be no worse than having to do a clean install.

If that's not possible I'd sure like to know what's the problem. I created a Windows Update log and it's in my dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qx7afofdm9jgpgk/WindowsUpdate.log?dl=0

I would sure appreciate any help.

Thanks, Joe

:)

i_mongo, Aug 10, 2019
  2. mist3r0 Win User

Windows Home 10 update from 1803 to 1903

I have windows 10 x64 home edition, version 1803.

I'm trying to update it to the new onw, version 1903, but my pc freezes every time when the installation is going to finish (around 80%).

I tried to update the OS in different ways:

1. Start > Settings > Update
      & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates.
      If updates are available, install them.
    2. Download the Update Assistant
    3. Download the Media Creation Tool 1903
    The result is always the same.

No errors, only pc freezing.

What do you suggest to do?

mist3r0, Aug 10, 2019
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 10, 2019
  4. W10 1803 -> 1903 Update Error - "Windows could not configure one or more..."

Win 10 1803 to 1903 update

My Desktop computer running Win 10 updated from version 1803 to 1903 a while back, but my Desktop running Win 10 version 1803

I'm assuming the update 1803 to 1903 has now resumed after the earlier problems caused a suspension?

Any thoughts, suggestions?

YadiraPatterson, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

W10 1803 -> 1903 Update Error - "Windows could not configure one or more..."

1. W10 1803 -> 1903 Update Error - "Windows could not configure one or more..." - Similar Threads - W10 1803 1903

2. Error windows could not configure one ore more system components

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error windows could not configure one ore more system components: In attempt to update windows 10 to version 1903 such error appears "windows could not configure one ore more system components" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-windows-could-not-configure-one-ore-more/d1c22e95-bbfc-404b-8001-3b2db21a1dc6
  3. Windows 10 Build 1809, Build 1903 - Windows setup could not configure one or more system...

Windows 10 Build 1809, Build 1903 - Windows setup could not configure one or more system...: I have a Gateway LX-6810 running Windows 10 Home with all original components. It has survived two in-place upgrades, from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have an issue that has prevented my machine from updating to Windows 10 Build 1809....
  4. Can't Upgrade from 1803 to 1809 or 1903 - Could not configure message

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't Upgrade from 1803 to 1809 or 1903 - Could not configure message: I am on version 1803 PRO 64-bit. Ever since 1809 was made available, I was not able to get a successful upgrade after at least 10 attempts. Each time after the second reboot and after the "48 Percent "message the upgrade would suddenly quit with an old style win XP style...
  5. Windows 10 1809 update problem(Windows could not configure one or more system components....

Windows 10 1809 update problem(Windows could not configure one or more system components....: When the update was downloaded and prepared , it called me to restart the computer to install 1809 update . However, until 60%, it said that "Windows could not configure one or more system components. to install windows restart the computer." After it restore the system, i...
  6. Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the...

Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the...: While updating from W10-1803 to 1809 I received the following error message at 52% of the installation process : " Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation". UNFORTUNATELY, NOTHING...
  7. Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the...

Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the...: I have no ideas for my computer because many times and I have no way to solve it and hope somebody can help me. "Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation" Anyone who has the same...
  8. Windows 10 1809 update problem(Windows could not configure one or more system components....

Windows 10 1809 update problem(Windows could not configure one or more system components....: When the update was downloaded and prepared , it called me to restart the computer to install 1809 update . However, until 52%, it said that "Windows could not configure one or more system components. to install windows restart the computer." After it restore the system, i...
  9. Windows 10 1809 update problem(Windows could not configure one or more system components....

Windows 10 1809 update problem(Windows could not configure one or more system components....: When the update is downloaded and prepared, it called me to restart the computer to install update 1809. However, until 52%, it said that "Windows could not configure one or more system components. to install windows restart the computer." After it restore the system, i check...
  10. Windows 10 Update to Version 1709 falls with error Windows could not configure one or more...

Windows 10 Update to Version 1709 falls with error Windows could not configure one or more...: Does an error log exist that can provide details about the specific components that have a configuration error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-update-to-version-1709-falls-with-error/159da050-334d-4ee6-8f47-f0eedad1df75