Windows 10: W10 1803 - Corrupt Store - Upgrades = Explorer Not Responding - HW OK

Discus and support W10 1803 - Corrupt Store - Upgrades = Explorer Not Responding - HW OK in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All, I am a very experienced desktop technician, but I have ran into a troublesome problem on a HP laptop I have not had any luck with saving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aksuited, Oct 16, 2019.

1. aksuited Win User

W10 1803 - Corrupt Store - Upgrades = Explorer Not Responding - HW OK

Hello All,

I am a very experienced desktop technician, but I have ran into a troublesome problem on a HP laptop I have not had any luck with saving the current installation. I am attempting to keep this persons OS and Data in tact without doing a full reinstall and I have tried all standard troubleshooting so I am looking for some assistance from anyone that has good suggestions I have not tried.

Initial problem was a Windows Crash after updates. Specifically I found the system to boot to Windows 10 Home login screen without a issue, but after logging in Explorer would not respond. I rolled back the update, got the system up and made a full image of the system while it was working. Since then over the past week I have tried all of the following to get the 1809 or 1903 upgrades to work and none have helped.

Safe mode Also does not work after upgrade.
    DISM cleanup-image online restorehealth (both before and after upgrades)
    SFC scannow both before and after upgrades
    Updated bios and all drivers and attempted upgrade as well no change
    Scanned all hardware, ram and hard drive multiple times and tried imaging to new hard drive and no change
    Made new windows account and tried upgrade no change
    Event viewer shows upgrade failing with different error codes which I have tried all listed fixes for on google. Performed upgrades offline and online, all result in the same failure
    Event viewer has Appx Readiness errors leading me to find the windows store is corrupt, even on my working image at 1803.
    I have cleared all caches, including full reset of windows store and windows upgrade softwaredistribution folders
    Powershell Get-Appx commands all fail with database mailformed errors.
    I also tried in-place upgrades from OEM Windows 10 ISOs and they do complete and boot to logon screen and then after logging in black screen with explorer hung. At this point it responds to contrl-alt-delete but talk manager does not load.
    I have tried the in-place upgrades from original user account, new fresh accounts, and with no startup items loading and no non-MS services.
    I have does full chkdsk and sector scans on hdd
    Removed all 3rd party AV, disabled defender and windows firewall and tried updates and in-place upgrades and all end the same.

Only visible errors from event-viewer after I re-image before upgrades or updates are related to the store. App Readiness failures and malformed database.

What other ways can I go about rescuing this Windows besides full format and fresh install? What haven't I thought of?

- - - Updated - - -

Also to Add I tried all of the MS troubleshooters including start menu, Update, and store troubleshooters.
    It is a UEFI system with Secure boot disabled.

:)

aksuited, Oct 16, 2019

2. Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 16, 2019
  3. pb70 Win User
    Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

OK here we go -

1. Try Microsoft Edge - worked perfectly

2. Installed Google Chrome - worked perfectly

3. Tried your Option 1 - Troubleshooter "found and fixed" a Windows Update component

Tried IE after the troubleshooter - still have same problem.

4. Tried your Option 2 - still have same problem.

Pat

4. W10 1803 - Corrupt Store - Upgrades = Explorer Not Responding - HW OK

Internet Explorer 11 not responding - Windows 10

Hi Kat,

Corrupted Internet Explorer settings are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend removing Internet Explorer form the Windows 10, then add it again. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Click Turn Windows features on or off in the left pane.
    • Clear the Internet Explorer 11 option.
    • Click OK, then Yes to confirm.
    • Click Restart now to remove the web browser.
    • To re-add Internet Explorer, repeat steps 1 to 3.
    • Select Internet Explorer 11 option.
    • Click OK, then Yes to confirm.
    • Click Restart now.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

W10 1803 - Corrupt Store - Upgrades = Explorer Not Responding - HW OK

1. W10 1803 - Corrupt Store - Upgrades = Explorer Not Responding - HW OK - Similar Threads - W10 1803 Corrupt

2. HW Upgrade--Plan for license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HW Upgrade--Plan for license: I'm about to upgrade hardware and need to make sure I have a plan that will allow me to keep my valid license across the upgrade.I found the command:slmgr /dlvWhich displays:Windows Script HostSoftware licensing versionNameDescription: WindowsR Core editionDescription:...
  3. HW Upgrade--Plan for license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HW Upgrade--Plan for license: I'm about to upgrade hardware and need to make sure I have a plan that will allow me to keep my valid license across the upgrade.I found the command:slmgr /dlvWhich displays:Windows Script HostSoftware licensing versionNameDescription: WindowsR Core editionDescription:...
  4. HW Upgrade--Plan for license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Corrupt files and File Explorer is not responding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Corrupt files and File Explorer is not responding: Hello, I have tried opening a Word Document and it caused the File Explorer to not respond. I ran an SFC scan and was told the problem were corrupt files. So, I ran a DSMI scan and it apparently fixed it. However, File Explorer still stops responding when I try opening up a...
  6. Upgrade from 1803 to 1909 of W10

Upgrade from 1803 to 1909 of W10: Every time I try to upgrade to v1909 from v1803 the process discontinues at 29% and rolls back the changes made to that point. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-1803-to-1909-of-w10/2f6fadca-255f-4693-9735-be5f2b4ab7a5
  7. W10-32 explorer stops responding on mapped drive access.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10-32 explorer stops responding on mapped drive access.: If I wait long enough ... several minutes, it seems to access ... finally. Copying files from mapped drive ... same thing ... stops responding but wait long enough and it happens. No such problems with other machines on network. No such problem in the past (worked fine at one...
  8. Possible to upgrade w10 Pro 1703 to 1709 instead of 1803?

Possible to upgrade w10 Pro 1703 to 1709 instead of 1803?: Hi there, I have multiple PCs running W10 Pro 1709 but one of my systems did not update to 1709 and is still running 1703. Now when I try to update I can only go from 1703 to 1803.... is it possible to manually install 1709 somehow without having to reinstall the OS or...
  9. W10 1709 upgrade Macrium V7 errors -- but bootable version OK

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    W10 1709 upgrade Macrium V7 errors -- but bootable version OK: Hi folks Getting "Unspecified error" on imaging W10 PRO 1709 with latest updates when using Macrium R7 Free. Bootable version (stand alone version) works just fine though. Macrium V6 still working OK from Windows though -- so you might have problems with V7 of Macrium....
  10. W10 Not responding problem

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Not responding problem: I did a clean fresh install of W10 on a new hard drive on my Lenovo desktop (AMD A6 3600) at first I had a few problems, then I installed a new video driver and it took care of most of my issues, freeze ups, lot of spinning blue circles, and the new video driver took care of...