Windows 10: W10 1809 -ADK not working

Discus and support W10 1809 -ADK not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have reinstalled W10 1809 enterprise onto my laptop. But the Windows ADK, which was okay on this before, suddenly does not work. ADK appears in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by techquest, Mar 5, 2019.

1. techquest Win User

W10 1809 -ADK not working

I have reinstalled W10 1809 enterprise onto my laptop. But the Windows ADK, which was okay on this before, suddenly does not work. ADK appears in Program Files(x86) and the installation seems to complete and gets to the end, however I see the following two screen shots.

W10 1809 -ADK not working [​IMG]

W10 1809 -ADK not working [​IMG]

Clicking on close does just that. Typing Windows ADK or WSIM in search bar only produces results from the web and not from the processes on the machine. I have rebooted the machine after installation just in case, but still not working. Anyone have any ideas as to why please?

:)

techquest, Mar 5, 2019

2. MICROSOFT REMOVED WINDOWS PE FOLDERS FROM WINDOWS ADK 10 V1809 , BUT IT WILL BE DOWNLADED AS ADDS ON ADK

Microsoft released Windows 10 ADK 1809 , in1809 release, windows preinstallation environment feature is removed , you will come to know while installing adk 1809 on windows 10

But windows pe can be downloaded as adds on feature after successfully installed windows 10 adk 1809.

But you must download separate windowspesertup.exe from microsoft site ,

to download windows 10adk 1809 online installer file, here is the direct link

http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/1/C/01CC78AA-B53B-4884-B7EA-74F2878AA79F/adk/adksetup.exe

to download windows 10 pe v1809 online installer file, here is the direct link

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...5E002C7F823D/adkwinpeaddons/adkwinpesetup.exe

both the files are online web installer setup files , you must connected internet till completion of setup .

you must have 15GB of free space on C drive to run smoothly and better functions of adk

while working on adk , you must turn off antivirus productas or add the windows 10 kits folders as the exclusion list

Thanking you , for my reading my post

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    How do I delete C:\Users\MSSQL$ADK ?

Hi,

Have you installed any SQL programs? If you do, MSSQL$ADK is related to that program in
    utilizing and handling data management for that specific program. Although this program is harmless to remove, we still suggest to ignore this since that there is no harm is being done to your computer. However,
    if you want to remove this, follow these steps:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and right click on
      Local Disk (CW10 1809 -ADK not working :).

• Choose
      Properties.

• Under
      Security Tab,
      To change permissions, click Edit.

• Choose
      Full Control.

• Select
      Apply
      and click
      OK.

Try to check if you now see
    MSSQL$ADK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 5, 2019
  4. DavidY Win User

ADK 10: Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer

I'm not sure, but that name was the one in the documentation (not that the documentation is always correct) so I used it. Glad it's working for you.
    I haven't got round to trying this in the current ADK, but I think the official route is:
    1. Save your ppkg file as above and copy it onto another folder/computer
    2. Get hold of the install.wim from the ISO of the edition you're trying to install
    3. Use the Windows ICD (within the ADK) and create a new project with that install.wim
    4. Import the ppkg from step 1 into your project as the Reference Device Data Asset (I think that's the name)
    5. Set the Compact option in the ICD and create an installation set that way
    ... but I've not tried this yet! And when I used the ICD in earlier versions of the ADK, the installation sets created at step 5 didn't work.

But I'd be tempted to try it anyway, because it would be useful to see how it works.

Another option is to create a Recovery Disk (with the ppkg in c:\recovery\customizations) and perhaps tweak something there to make it compact? Not sure how though.

DavidY, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. W10 1809 -ADK not working - Similar Threads - W10 1809 ADK

2. WIndows adk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows adk: I want to download windows 10 assessment and deployment tool kit for version 22h2 but i cant find it in their assessment and deployment page. I can only find windows 11 , windows 10 1903 and windows 2004. Can anyone give me the link?...
  3. WIndows adk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows adk: I want to download windows 10 assessment and deployment tool kit for version 22h2 but i cant find it in their assessment and deployment page. I can only find windows 11 , windows 10 1903 and windows 2004. Can anyone give me the link?...
  4. WIndows adk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows ADK Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows ADK Error: Hi,So today I downloaded Windows ADK and I want to install Application Compability Tool, I went through all the proccess, did everything fine but then when it start to run, it stucked at 0%, I checked the log files, it said this error code: Win32 Error Code: -2147467259...
  6. W10 1809 to 1903 update

W10 1809 to 1903 update: Lenovo ThinkCentre E73, I have updated from W10 1809 to 1903 and the PC has now gone really slow and having issues with admin rights, I have chkdsk'd and scannow'd' but no issues found. Tried an inplace update in case windows was corrupted and get the message some hardware on...
  7. W10 1809 is out.

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 1809 is out.: Download Windows 10 121631
  8. adk tools

in Microsoft Office and 365
    adk tools: Hi. How can i create office 365 provisioning package to add to a custom wim? I tried ICD but it doesnt work cause of win32 dependencies. How can i get the dependencies? Need to do this using ICD 117964
  9. adk tools

in Windows 10 Support
    adk tools: Hi. How can i create office 365 provisioning package to add to a custom wim? I tried ICD but it doesnt work cause of win32 dependencies. How can i get the dependencies? Need to do this using ICD 117964
  10. W10 ADK -- where is it

W10 ADK -- where is it: Hi there I'm trying to download the W10 ADK but I'm on a NON windows system currently. I'm presented from the Ms site an .EXE file which is obviously useless on the system I'm currently using. [img] Anybody have a direct link. Note - it's not unusual for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adk not showing in installed software

2. w10 1809 adk

3. w10adk-1809

4. cannot install windows 10 1809 adk permissions