Windows 10: W10 1809 update is taking too long

Discus and support W10 1809 update is taking too long in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me why the new update is taking 5 plus days to install on a Dell Laptop with 32gb of memory, 3TB of storage, and the latest 12gbs plus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BNS2000, Nov 20, 2018.

1. BNS2000 Win User

W10 1809 update is taking too long

Can anyone tell me why the new update is taking 5 plus days to install on a Dell Laptop with 32gb of memory, 3TB of storage, and the latest 12gbs plus of internet connection from Xfinity?

I have lost so many days of work waiting for this fanciful update to get done. Last night I rebooted it as requested and went to bed because it was stuck at 0% for 2 hours.

Woke up this morning and logged in only to find there again was this fanciful Windows 10 Features update still installing at 48%.

Why is this taking so long, and what great new features are being installed that demands so much of my work time? From what I have read so far, there is nothing new being changed. The only thing that is increasing is my ire at Microsoft for once again intruding on my computer, making small tweaks to allow the programmers justification for continued employment at the expense of users needing to get work or anything done.

:)

BNS2000, Nov 20, 2018
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Nov 20, 2018
  3. 0xC1900101-0x40017 error updating from 1803 to 1809

Yes, 1809 is available from some sources....but don't do it.

A full patched 1809 release isn't out yet, and your BIOS/ECM/Drivers will not have a good time of this.

You will need the patch, and it is not being released now.

My MSI GT75 did a BIOS update prior to 1809 being installed.

For current MSI products, Firmware updates are being handled through the Device Manager.

The MSI Global Forum is a really meek and thin on knowledge base, I would not take their suggestions seriously.

If you insist on installing, go over to the
    W10 FORUM
    , there are Microsft MVP's available and some of the guy's from TechNet as well.

I suggest waiting.

MichaelTav, Nov 20, 2018
  4. sketsune Win User

w10 updates take hours

On Friday ( dec. 11 ) morning my w10 informed me it had installed updates. It wouldn't let me use the start button, nor would it let me access it with the button on the keyboard. It took me a few tries for it to even let me use the right mouse click, for
    opening the start panel.

I rebooted.

And I'm still rebooting the computer. It's 10.30pm on Saturday evening when I write this, and I rebooted the computer at around 8pm on Friday evening.

This is the second time it takes hours for the update to be installed ( it took over 6h last time ).

I would like to know, what is it that makes it to take so god darn long?? Are they supposed to take that long? The computer's a new one too, gotten in June this year.

I have no other issues with w10.

It only appears to frick up everytime there's a "major" update.

What is so special about this update, when it takes 50 years to update?

sketsune, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 1809 update is taking too long - Similar Threads - W10 1809 update

2. Update takes too long.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update takes too long.: 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5014666 takes way too much time than usual. I mean what the hell is wrong with Microsoft? I don't understand why people even use windows. so much disaster operating system. We can't waste an...
  3. Update takes too long.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update takes too long.: 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5014666 takes way too much time than usual. I mean what the hell is wrong with Microsoft? I don't understand why people even use windows. so much disaster operating system. We can't waste an...
  4. Update Taking Too Long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Taking Too Long: Hi. I am currently having the Windows 10 Update Assistant install the November 2021 update on my HP laptop. So far, it has been downloading and installing for over 5 hours. Is this normal and is there a way that I can get it to download faster? It is almost complete, but I...
  5. Update Taking Too Long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Taking Too Long: Hi. I am currently having the Windows 10 Update Assistant install the November 2021 update on my HP laptop. So far, it has been downloading and installing for over 5 hours. Is this normal and is there a way that I can get it to download faster? It is almost complete, but I...
  6. Update Taking Too Long

7. Update taking too long

Update taking too long: My device claimed it needed an update and asked me to clear multipled GB to install it, then it asked me to restart to finish installing, I started the restart over an hour ago and it hasn't even reached 1%...
  8. Update taking too long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update taking too long: I just got a new Lenovo 330, had problems with CPU usage so I searched it up and it said that it needed updates. So I started updating, about 8 updates downloaded so I restarted it nothing out of the usual but then it had another 6 updates on the wait, specially one that took...
  9. Update is taking too long

Update is taking too long: My windows is updating . But its been like 2 hrs it has stopped in 15% . The white dots are still spinning but not increasing the update. Should i wait longer or try to restart.??...
  10. Update is taking too long

Update is taking too long: its been almost 2 hrs . The white dots are atill soinning but the update is bot going further then 15% should i wait more ir try to restart .?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-is-taking-too-long/38928599-34e9-4134-bad5-452df72bcf54

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update 1809 taking forever

2. windows update 1809 taking forever to install

3. 1809 update taking forever

4. windows feature update 1809 taking forever,
  5. w10 1809 update,
  6. windows 10 version 1809 takes forever,
  7. 1809 takes a long time,
  8. windows feature update taking long time,
  9. why does windows update 1809 take so long,
  10. windows 10 update 1809 taking forever,
  11. windows 10 update 1809 takes long time,