Windows 10: W10 1909 Blocks Dnloads to Desktop - Wants user\MeAdmin Folder

Discus and support W10 1909 Blocks Dnloads to Desktop - Wants user\MeAdmin Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; W10-64 1909 Up-to-Date --- Admin Profile Only w/ Admin Bkup never used .... ESET EIS Security Suite + Mbam Prem v4 ...... Firefox has long been set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CraigS26, Jan 8, 2020.

1. CraigS26 Win User

W10 1909 Blocks Dnloads to Desktop - Wants user\MeAdmin Folder

W10-64 1909 Up-to-Date --- Admin Profile Only w/ Admin Bkup never used .... ESET EIS Security Suite + Mbam Prem v4 ...... Firefox has long been set to Dnload to Desktop, but all of a sudden a Firefox Ver update and HP Sppt Asst Ver Update weren't Allowed to be dnloaded to my Desktop as in the past. "You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact Admin for permission (I am Admin). Do you want to Dnload to MeAdmin folder instead? (I did)"
    Rename a shortcut on Desktop NOW wants Admin OK which happens just by clk'ing Continue.

WHY the new Desktop obsession over Admin control and HOW CAN I restore App updates to Desktop dnloads?

:)

CraigS26, Jan 8, 2020
  2. CraigS26 Win User

W10-64 1909 Up-to-Date --- Admin Profile Only w/ Admin Bkup never used .... ESET EIS Security Suite + Mbam Prem v4 ...... Firefox has long been set to Dnload to Desktop, but all of a sudden a Firefox Ver update and HP Sppt Asst Ver Update weren't Allowed to be dnloaded to my Desktop as in the past. "You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact Admin for permission (I am Admin). Do you want to Dnload to MeAdmin folder instead? (I did)"
    Rename a shortcut on Desktop NOW wants Admin OK which happens just by clk'ing Continue.

WHY the new Desktop obsession over Admin control and HOW CAN I restore App updates to Desktop dnloads?

CraigS26, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Desktop and user folder merging

Hi,

There are different ways for you to recover the previous folder settings on your computer. One of these is by following the steps below to organize and relocate your desktop or user folder.

• Press Windows key + E to launch File Explorer.
    • Right-click on the special folder that you want to restore (Desktop).
    • Then select Properties.
    • Navigate to the Location tab.
    • Click Restore Default.
    • Then click Apply to save the changes.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 8, 2020
  4. W10 1909 Blocks Dnloads to Desktop - Wants user\MeAdmin Folder

Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

1. W10 1909 Blocks Dnloads to Desktop - Wants user\MeAdmin Folder - Similar Threads - W10 1909 Blocks

2. how to dnload window 11new

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to dnload window 11new: how to dnload new version win 11 iso file pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-dnload-window-11new/ad4ac1ce-c805-4aa4-bc82-5f1a5741ae05
  3. how to dnload window 11new

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to dnload window 11new: how to dnload new version win 11 iso file pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-dnload-window-11new/ad4ac1ce-c805-4aa4-bc82-5f1a5741ae05
  4. W10 1909 Installation Media

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 1909 Installation Media: Hi, Just finished building my new PC and trying to get Windows10 Pro. The Media installation tool only allows me to download/install 2004 but I'd like to get 1909 due to the issues related to 2004. Is there a way to get 1909 installation media (or .iso file, whatever, just...
  5. W10 Update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Update 1909: I am having consistent problems trying to update my Windows 10 Pro Desktop to Feature Update to Windows 10 1903 and 1909, the system currently being at 1809. OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit CPU AMD FX-8350 8 Core Vishera 32nm Technology RAM 24.00 GB Dual Channel DDR3@666MHz...
  6. FIXED: Can't Save to Desktop ... W10-1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FIXED: Can't Save to Desktop ... W10-1909: Controlled Folder Access = OFF is a common posted Fix but I use ESET EIS and am told Defender must be in use to have CFA = ON. My rarely-used, test-only Bkup Admin Acct COULD save to Desktop but I don't know the implications of the Fix for just the exclusively-used Me...
  7. W10 1909 Build 18363.720

W10 1909 Build 18363.720: I learned long ago that using: Create a system image is safer than allowing Windows to setup the backup. These days though, when I use Disk Cleanup to remove previous backups on my second internal backup drive, it breaks the older backup. When trying to create a new System...
  8. W10 1909 Won't Allow Desktop as Dnload Target - How Do I Change That

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 1909 Won't Allow Desktop as Dnload Target - How Do I Change That: W10-64 1909 Up-to-Date .... For All App Update Dnloads I'm only recently having W10 "insist on" the Dnload site as -- C:\user\MyNameAdmin -- folder Vs. the long-time Firefox "Desktop" designation. Clk to Desktop target nets ---"You do not have permission to install at this...
  9. W10 1903 to 1909 failed...

W10 1903 to 1909 failed...: The system had started the update and rebooted. Once rebooted, it came up with a BSOD, "Inaccessible boot device" error. Windows 10 rebooted and proceeded with "preparing automatic repair", but it failed overnight as well. I seem to recall a tutorial for how to fix this...
  10. W10 1909 Ethernet Connection

W10 1909 Ethernet Connection: Hey! This morning the update 1909 was installed on my computer while I was at work. I do no longer have any ethernet connection and have currently a significantly reduced WI-FI speed, had to move my router inches away for it to be enough for regular surfing. Updated my...