Windows 10: W10 1909 Won't Allow Desktop as Dnload Target - How Do I Change That

Discus and support W10 1909 Won't Allow Desktop as Dnload Target - How Do I Change That in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; W10-64 1909 Up-to-Date .... For All App Update Dnloads I'm only recently having W10 "insist on" the Dnload site as -- C:\user\MyNameAdmin -- folder Vs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CraigS040709, Jan 8, 2020.

1. W10 1909 Won't Allow Desktop as Dnload Target - How Do I Change That

W10-64 1909 Up-to-Date .... For All App Update Dnloads I'm only recently having W10 "insist on" the Dnload site as -- C:\user\MyNameAdmin -- folder Vs. the long-time Firefox "Desktop" designation.
    Clk to Desktop target nets ---"You do not have permission to install at this location I am always in Admin acct . Contact Admin for permission. Do you want to dnload to MyNameAdmin?" .
    Any Name Chg or Delete for a desktop shtcut gets an Admin popup easily solved by clk'ing Continue.
    Does anyone know of how I might change this denial for Desktop Dnloads main issue, & Del - Name Chg as a bonus?

:)

CraigS040709, Jan 8, 2020
  2. CraigS26 Win User

W10 1909 Blocks Dnloads to Desktop - Wants user\MeAdmin Folder

W10-64 1909 Up-to-Date --- Admin Profile Only w/ Admin Bkup never used .... ESET EIS Security Suite + Mbam Prem v4 ...... Firefox has long been set to Dnload to Desktop, but all of a sudden a Firefox Ver update and HP Sppt Asst Ver Update weren't Allowed to be dnloaded to my Desktop as in the past. "You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact Admin for permission (I am Admin). Do you want to Dnload to MeAdmin folder instead? (I did)"
    Rename a shortcut on Desktop NOW wants Admin OK which happens just by clk'ing Continue.

WHY the new Desktop obsession over Admin control and HOW CAN I restore App updates to Desktop dnloads?

CraigS26, Jan 8, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

W10 1909 Won't Allow Desktop as Dnload Target - How Do I Change That [​IMG]

zbook, Jan 8, 2020
  4. tops Win User

W10 1909 Won't Allow Desktop as Dnload Target - How Do I Change That

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

W10 1909 Won't Allow Desktop as Dnload Target - How Do I Change That

1. W10 1909 Won't Allow Desktop as Dnload Target - How Do I Change That - Similar Threads - W10 1909 Won't

2. how to dnload window 11new

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to dnload window 11new: how to dnload new version win 11 iso file pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-dnload-window-11new/ad4ac1ce-c805-4aa4-bc82-5f1a5741ae05
  3. how to dnload window 11new

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to dnload window 11new: how to dnload new version win 11 iso file pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-dnload-window-11new/ad4ac1ce-c805-4aa4-bc82-5f1a5741ae05
  4. How do I change the desktop colors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the desktop colors?: I have been using the Personalization command on W11 to change some of my colors, especially the desktop color from black to a color I might choose. However after choosing the color I would like to use and clicking to X to go back to the desktop the desktop is still black. I...
  5. Windows Won't allow me to change my desktop background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Won't allow me to change my desktop background: I own a Asus Rog Zephyrus m15 and I have Windows 10 installed obliviously. When I finished the setup it automatically changed my desktop background photo to what my old laptop had as a background which was a photo I took. The other day i wanted to change the desktop...
  6. FIXED: Can't Save to Desktop ... W10-1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FIXED: Can't Save to Desktop ... W10-1909: Controlled Folder Access = OFF is a common posted Fix but I use ESET EIS and am told Defender must be in use to have CFA = ON. My rarely-used, test-only Bkup Admin Acct COULD save to Desktop but I don't know the implications of the Fix for just the exclusively-used Me...
  7. W10 1909 Blocks Dnloads to Desktop - Wants user\MeAdmin Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 1909 Blocks Dnloads to Desktop - Wants user\MeAdmin Folder: W10-64 1909 Up-to-Date --- Admin Profile Only w/ Admin Bkup never used .... ESET EIS Security Suite + Mbam Prem v4 ...... Firefox has long been set to Dnload to Desktop, but all of a sudden a Firefox Ver update and HP Sppt Asst Ver Update weren't Allowed to be dnloaded to my...
  8. How do I setup Desktop that won't wakeup from sleep in Windows 10 1909?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I setup Desktop that won't wakeup from sleep in Windows 10 1909?: For well over two months now, I have been trying to setup sleep on my Desktop PC. It will go to sleep but won't wakeup unless I power down to restart it. Sometimes it starts if I use the reset button. I've even tried a clean install. I've tried all the power plans...
  9. W10 won't allow to set default browser

in Browsers and Email
    W10 won't allow to set default browser: I am having a problem setting my default browser. In to reset my defaults in settings. Restore to default. Now Edge is now my default browser. Now I can't set my default browser to Cyberfox or any other browser. I press the cyberfox icon and nothing happens. The plus sign...
  10. How do I change W10 password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change W10 password: If I start up my PC or bring it back to life after using 'sleep' it course asks for my password, and it works fine. However ... how do I change this. I tried following online instructions Start > settings > accounts > sign-in options then click on Password > change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 1909 will not allow desktop setting stay