Windows 10: W10 2004 BSODs Only When Shutting Down Machine

Discus and support W10 2004 BSODs Only When Shutting Down Machine in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Odd problem where I'm getting sporadic BSODs, but only when I'm shutting down my machine, and never during normal use. Doesn't happen on every shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by denotenkraker, Jul 13, 2020.

1. W10 2004 BSODs Only When Shutting Down Machine

Odd problem where I'm getting sporadic BSODs, but only when I'm shutting down my machine, and never during normal use. Doesn't happen on every shut down, but certainly >50% of the time. Always PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 0x4e and ntoskrnl.exe

Zipped log attached.

Windows 10 Pro 19041.vb_release.191206-1406
    Ryzen 7 2700
    Gigabyte X570 ITX
    RX 570

Tried the usual suspects, reinstalling drivers here and there and updating things I could think of updating. Everything running stock. First started happening in June. I want to say correlated with Windows 2004, but that might just be pattern matching overdrive and not actually attributable.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

denotenkraker, Jul 13, 2020

2. When shutting down get bsod after 5 min then shuts down

When shutting down after 5 min get driver_power_state_failure BSOD then shuts down don't want to damage my computer....

RogerFreeman67, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 13, 2020
  4. MartynasB Win User

W10 2004 BSODs Only When Shutting Down Machine

PC only shuts down on a second try

Hello,

I posted here yesterday asking for help on a similar problem yesterday: GPU keeps working (fans spinning) for a few seconds after shutdown - Windows 10 Forums

Basically, what happens now is as follows: When I press shutdown from start menu and the PC screen goes black at the end of it, I can hear components stopping their work, but pretty much all fans keep working (PSU fan, case fans, GPU fans). They work for 20-30 seconds and then I hear a Mobo beep (the same one you hear when you turn on your PC) and the PC boots back like it's nothing. When I reach login screen and shut down again from there, the PC fans again keep spinning after components turn off, but only a few seconds this time. The PC components then turn on and immediately turn off together with the fans.

Sorry for the poor phrasing, English is not my native language and I try my best here.

This complicated double-take shut down process only began after I disabled fast startup in Windows 10 (some guys on various forums suggested that I do that). Before I disabled them, the problem was like the one I linked to in the beginning. The whole problem started after I installed a second HDD. During the installation I also removed the GPU to allow me to fix some cables.

Besides the shut down, the PC seems to be working just fine. No crashes, no BSODs - nothing. Only this strange shut down.

Things I've already tried:
    • Disabling fast startup
    • Removing my second hard drive
    • Changing its SATA plugs
    • Changing SATA cables
    • Changing HDD power connector cables
    • Removing and putting back the GPU
    • Updating chipset driver
    • Shutting down from login menu

MartynasB, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

W10 2004 BSODs Only When Shutting Down Machine

1. W10 2004 BSODs Only When Shutting Down Machine - Similar Threads - W10 2004 BSODs

2. BSOD When shutting down constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD When shutting down constantly: In the last month constant BSODs into forced restarts when I shut down the PC. See Below for full dump.******************************************************************************* ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  3. BSOD when shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when shutting down: Dear friends,I've been struggling for months with this issue: when I try to shut down my windows 11 computer a BSOD faces up!I have tried to analyze my dump file using windbg, but the only info that I get is the process name of the task that causes the error: it is...
  4. BSOD when shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when shutting down: Dear friends,I've been struggling for months with this issue: when I try to shut down my windows 11 computer a BSOD faces up!I have tried to analyze my dump file using windbg, but the only info that I get is the process name of the task that causes the error: it is...
  5. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down: When I tried to shut down or restart my PC, BSOD occurred with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE stopcode. Below is the minidump files I copied from C:\Windows\Minidumphttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1uWGua9BwWT5gyC_GytpW62uUM6PksK75/view?usp=sharingPlaease help me to fix this...
  6. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down: When I tried to shut down or restart my PC, BSOD occurred with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE stopcode. Below is the minidump files I copied from C:\Windows\Minidumphttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1uWGua9BwWT5gyC_GytpW62uUM6PksK75/view?usp=sharingPlaease help me to fix this...
  7. BSOD when shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when shutting down: No idea why this is happening, but whenever i try to shut down my computer after using it, it does not shutdown, instead, it stays on, screen goes dark, then restarts itself. It creates a dump file so im pretty sure its a bsod, i have all drivers update so there is no reason...
  8. Anyone recently having issues with their W10 machine never shutting down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone recently having issues with their W10 machine never shutting down?: It just says "Shutting down" and the dots spin forever. Only way to shut it down is the power button. submitted by /u/transfo47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eoy1zu/anyone_recently_having_issues_with_their_w10/
  9. Memory Management BSOD on shut down only

Memory Management BSOD on shut down only: Been happening for the past two weeks or so. My computer is only a year old and I shouldn't be having these issues. Someone said the issue stemmed from Battle.net. I posted on their forums and someone told me to do a reinstall. I did that and I got a BSOD a day later. I...
  10. BSOD when shutting down. PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES

BSOD when shutting down. PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES: Hi I'd love it if someone could help me with this problem. It is mainly happening when I ask my computer to shut down I get a BSOD with that error and I've had a friends help me and he got as far as detecting which file was falling over but not why or how to fix it other than...