Windows 10: W10 2004 in-place upgrade from Home to Pro fails - "Your PC settings aren't supported yet...

Discus and support W10 2004 in-place upgrade from Home to Pro fails - "Your PC settings aren't supported yet... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey folks, I was wondering if anybody had tried to upgrade from Windows 10 Home 2004 to Pro 2004 or could shed some light on the issue I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BloodyGenius, Jun 27, 2020.

1. W10 2004 in-place upgrade from Home to Pro fails - "Your PC settings aren't supported yet...

Hey folks, I was wondering if anybody had tried to upgrade from Windows 10 Home 2004 to Pro 2004 or could shed some light on the issue I am experiencing.

I recently did a fresh install of Win10 Home and so received the new 2004 build. I have since acquired a Windows 10 Pro Digital License which I've linked to my Microsoft account. I would like to upgrade from Home to Pro in-place without needing to do a whole fresh install again.

When I try to upgrade using the Media Creation Tool, it does its thing for a bit before eventually failing with the message:

This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC settings aren't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. Microsoft is working to support your settings soon. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically when these settings are supported.

I have tried the MCT I had on my USB stick, and a fresh MCT which I downloaded and ran direct on the PC. I am running on an MBR drive with no Recovery partition.

The setupact.log and setuperr.log files are here: https://paste.ee/p/CKMF4 -- I must be missing soemthing but these don't seem to state any obvious issue. Has anyone else encountered this, is this a bug which just hasn't been noted yet due to the rarity of people trying to upgrade from Home 2004 to Pro 2004 so early in its general release?

submitted by /u/BloodyGenius
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BloodyGenius, Jun 27, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?

If you want to get rid of the crapware, then I would suggest do the in place upgrade to Windows 10 Pro by simply changing the product key to your Windows 10 Pro product key. Then do a "fresh start:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-a-fresh-start

NavyLCDR, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Ramuettan Win User
    W10 Pro from a failed Laptop

Thanks Andre. Did you mean I had tried installing W10 in the new machine? No.

So, what you are saying is I've no right on the W10 upgraded to carry over to another PC I own.

Your point has logic in it. But please consider this:

What will happen to the COA that's on that machine? Who will own it? What about the$ the buyer paid for it?

Some new PCs are available without an OS. They're cheaper than those with one. Doesn't it mean that a buyer has paid for the OS if they had it with a pre installed OS? So the COA and any upgrades also belonged to them? Thanks.

Ramuettan, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Radi Win User

W10 2004 in-place upgrade from Home to Pro fails - "Your PC settings aren't supported yet...

Skip upgrading W8 Pro to W10 and install W10 and use key from W8 Pro?

TL;DR

1. Get a bootable WIN 10
    2. Install WIN 10
    3. Enter they key you have from your WIN 7/8
    4. Go to setting and activate the newly installed WIN 10
    5. If your activation fails, enter your key again.
    6. That should fail again but will give you the option to call support
    7. Call support and they will help you finish your WIN 10 activation

The long story.

Something happened, and my Windows 8.1 Pro stopped working and I had to reinstall it. I have a Windows 8 Pro installation DVD that I got from Amazon a few years back. I used it and installed Windows 8 Pro on my PC. Ultimately I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, but it was taking too long to update Windows 8 to 8.1, so I installed Windows 10 Media Creation and created a bootable Windows 10 USB. Using the bootable USB, I installed Windows 10 Pro on my PC, and that is where the pain started. I did some googling and found that with Starting with W10 build 1511, you can use the W7 or W8 key on a clean install, but I could not find how to actually activate the fresh Windows 10 installation. After several tries to activate I finally called support and they helped me out.

Note: A side effect of skipping the Windows 7/8 upgrade to Windows 10 is that support had to invalidate my Windows 8 product key and give a new key.

Thema:

W10 2004 in-place upgrade from Home to Pro fails - "Your PC settings aren't supported yet...

1. W10 2004 in-place upgrade from Home to Pro fails - "Your PC settings aren't supported yet... - Similar Threads - W10 2004 place

2. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro: unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-from-w10-home-to-pro/3c031906-3508-4d7a-a288-c81b6cb5e8cf
  3. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro: unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-from-w10-home-to-pro/3c031906-3508-4d7a-a288-c81b6cb5e8cf
  4. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  6. Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro

Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro: I am thinking about upgrading to W10 Pro but I have a question. I have 3 computers and they are all about 7 years old so in your opinion would this update be beneficial or should I just buy a new one. Thanks 162616
  7. "Your PC settings aren't supported yet on this version of Windows 10" when trying to update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your PC settings aren't supported yet on this version of Windows 10" when trying to update: Hello, i have recently reset my pc, then updated to version 2004. A whole LOT of things don't work (windows store in particular, i can't download anything and therefore i cant play fh4). After nothing online worked, i downloaded the tool for updating and chose to reinstall...
  8. PC Settings not supported yet ?

PC Settings not supported yet ?: I have an HP Pro slimline desktop with i3 CPU at 3.3GZ, 6 GB RAM and 500 GB HDD running Windows 10 Home v1909. System being 'cleaned up'. Currently, the only programs installed are cCleaner and Malwarebytes Decided to download and run the windows 10 Update assistant to...
  9. Your PC settings aren't supported yet on this version of Windows 10

Your PC settings aren't supported yet on this version of Windows 10: I am having trouble getting windows 10 to update to version 2004 from version 1909 My PC is a custom build with the highest end components like I9 9900k and RTX 2080ti Kingpin and Maximus XI Formula motherboard. The error reads This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10....
  10. Upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Education fails

Upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Education fails: Hello everyone, I have bumped into this problem, where I am unable to upgrade my current Windows 10 Home to a Education edition. When I fill in the activation code in the Activation menu of Windows update, the upgrade process starts without a problem, and finishes to 100%....