Windows 10: W10 2004, sleep and hibernate closing all open apps

Discus and support W10 2004, sleep and hibernate closing all open apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hi, two days ago installed an SSD on my laptop and installed fresh windows os instead of cloning old one. now after installing all the old apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/p__3, Aug 9, 2020.

1. /u/p__3 Win User

W10 2004, sleep and hibernate closing all open apps

hi,

two days ago installed an SSD on my laptop and installed fresh windows os instead of cloning old one.

now after installing all the old apps setting up things as it was before.

I came to know that sleep or hibernate is not working. closing all open apps

it is a very important feature for me.

can anyone help me to solve this?

submitted by /u/p__3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/p__3, Aug 9, 2020

2. Sleep closes all my open apps

Mine closes all the open aps when it's supposed to be in hibernation. I gave up on sleep because of this problem, but it continues even with hibernate activated. Very frustrating.

JoetteAnderson, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Sleep closes all my open apps

My Surface Pro 3 shuts all apps down *sometimes* when I close the lid--which I've designated to mean sleep. I've never used sleep much for laptops on earlier versions of Windows.

How can I make sure that apps don't close? Or if it's in sleep too long, can I have it go into hibernation?

Philip56SC, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Louie Del Win User

Sleep,hibernate, and shutdown

Hi,

Usually, Sleep and Hibernate features are used to save power when using a computer. However, hibernate may not be available for all PCs as it was designed for laptops. Regarding your concern, since you’re trying to turn
    off or disable these features, you may follow the step below:

• To turn off Sleep:

Go to Settings > System > Power & sleep. Then, select
      Never from the drop-down list under the Sleep section.

W10 2004, sleep and hibernate closing all open apps 584c0e8c-80cf-4e84-a18c-23b41220f8da?upload=true.png

• To disable Hibernate:
    • Type Command Prompt in the Search box from
      Start
    • Right-click on it, then select Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press
      Enter. Close the window.

We’re just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

1. W10 2004, sleep and hibernate closing all open apps - Similar Threads - W10 2004 sleep

2. Slow to wake from sleep AND all open apps now closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow to wake from sleep AND all open apps now closed?: Issue is on a 1 year old ThinkPad with W11 and it take 4 to 5 minutes to wake from sleep, and when I'm able to log back in all of my previously open apps are gone, i.e. closed. For example, when reopening a previously opened app, I get the document recovery option.I've...
  3. Slow to wake from sleep AND all open apps now closed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow to wake from sleep AND all open apps now closed?: Issue is on a 1 year old ThinkPad with W11 and it take 4 to 5 minutes to wake from sleep, and when I'm able to log back in all of my previously open apps are gone, i.e. closed. For example, when reopening a previously opened app, I get the document recovery option.I've...
  4. All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode: i have ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 with windows 11 home installed, every time i go to sleep mode / hibernate mode and leave my laptop, after come back hours later, i found that all my apps was closed, i lost all my web pages and documents i had opened before. how can i fix this?....
  5. All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode

All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode: i have ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 with windows 11 home installed, every time i go to sleep mode / hibernate mode and leave my laptop, after come back hours later, i found that all my apps was closed, i lost all my web pages and documents i had opened before. how can i fix this?....
  6. Close all open apps at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close all open apps at once: I want to close all application at once. How can I do that in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-all-open-apps-at-once/242847cb-a705-449e-92cf-2e273d1c0782
  7. Close all open apps at once

Close all open apps at once: I want to close all application at once. How can I do that in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-all-open-apps-at-once/242847cb-a705-449e-92cf-2e273d1c0782
  8. Close all open apps at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close all open apps at once: Is it possible to close all open app at the same time in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-all-open-apps-at-once/d0354d73-317a-444d-903d-bf037861fb75
  9. Close all open apps at once

Close all open apps at once: Is it possible to close all open app at the same time in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-all-open-apps-at-once/d0354d73-317a-444d-903d-bf037861fb75
  10. Sleep mode closing all apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep mode closing all apps: Not sure if flair is right, but for whatever reason, whenever my laptop wakes up from sleep mode, any apps that I had opened before (Chrome, Word, etc) are all closed. When I tried to open Chrome, it said that it failed to shut down properly. Any idea as to why this is...