Windows 10: w10 64 pr0 reset desktop icons after sleep wakening not after restart

Discus and support w10 64 pr0 reset desktop icons after sleep wakening not after restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since I have a new monitor 34" Samsung (S34E790C ) desktop icons are "auto arranged" when PC is awakened in sleep mode. First I did not notice it as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by annaray, Jul 7, 2016.

1. annaray Win User

w10 64 pr0 reset desktop icons after sleep wakening not after restart

Since I have a new monitor 34" Samsung (S34E790C ) desktop icons are "auto arranged" when PC is awakened in sleep mode. First I did not notice it as sleep was not activated. But since sleep is activated it happens. Not after rebooting.

graphics card is GTX 1080 with newest Nvidia driver, cable is display port cable 1.2

What can I do to solve it? It is a real PIA with such a widescreen

did google search but same problem was described with two monitors

:)

annaray, Jul 7, 2016
  2. earl.jo Win User

no sleep mode

After installing windows10 on my Lenovo W500 laptop I find there is no mode to put the computer to sleep after logging off. I need to re-log in to my desktop and right click the windows icon in the lower left corner and enter sleep mode. This mode sometimes
    cause problems to reopen my desktop. Anybody know why there is not the sleep icon in the sign-in window. My desktop allows shutdown, sleep or restart options at the sign-in screen

earl.jo, Jul 7, 2016
  3. WIndows 10 icons disappear after sleep mode.

It is an ASUS AMD A10

I have not made any changes. There is no error message.

After sleep mode my desktop photo is present but there are no icons. The lower right where the clock, internet symbol, notifications etc. is missing, meaning it's blank.

The icons on the shortcut start menu on lower middle left are present. Eg IE, file manager, google chrome. When I click to open them they don't open. When I hover my mouse over them after opening them the preview shows they are open but they are not
    visible on screen. The only thing I am able to do is click on power button and restart pc. Then the icons are back after a restart.

I did the troubleshoot that you told me to do. I reset the sleep and display to 3 minutes waited 15 minutes. Woke the pc up and icons were there. I then reset the sleep mode to 30 min. and waited. It did the same thing. All icons were gone. I had to
    restart pc.

Cardkleener, Jul 7, 2016
Thema:

w10 64 pr0 reset desktop icons after sleep wakening not after restart

1. w10 64 pr0 reset desktop icons after sleep wakening not after restart - Similar Threads - w10 pr0 reset

2. Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart: Hello, my desktop icons disappeared every time after I restart the computer. In this situation, I am not able to open anything, I can only right click of the screen and open the start menu. But if I put the computer to sleep and turn it back on, then all the icons are back...
  3. Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart: Hello, my desktop icons disappeared every time after I restart the computer. In this situation, I am not able to open anything, I can only right click of the screen and open the start menu. But if I put the computer to sleep and turn it back on, then all the icons are back...
  4. Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop Icons not saving position after restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons not saving position after restart: Whenever I try to position my desktop icons the way I would like, after a restart the icons go back to some strange position. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? submitted by /u/Traase [link] [comments]...
  6. Desktop icon keeps Moving/Resetting after restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icon keeps Moving/Resetting after restart.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wholesomenthusiast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhbjv1/desktop_icon_keeps_movingresetting_after_restart/
  7. restart after sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    restart after sleeping: When the computer is left on until it automatically sleeps, or when I push the sleep button, on returning to use the computer I click the power button and a full screen photo comes up. Normally I would hit the space bar and it would flip to the sign-in page but often, hitting...
  8. desktop icons moving after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons moving after restart: desktop icons are rearranging themselves randomlybut to same positions every time i restart my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-moving-after-restart/0e6ee6a3-a3de-4675-b49d-40aa97ecbcd7
  9. BSOD after starting computer and wakening from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after starting computer and wakening from sleep: I got my Surface Book 2 a week ago and have experienced 2 BSOD errors. The first one happened when the computer woke up from sleep. The second one happened this evening immediately after I started the computer and clicked on the Mail app. I have uploaded my log and...
  10. Computer restarts after clicking shut down or sleep after W10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer restarts after clicking shut down or sleep after W10 upgrade: First I want to apologize if this post is in the wrong section, I have never used these forums before. I have also searched around for answers to my issue but none seem to have the same problem. So here we go, mind that I just upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and the problems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 reverts to non-functional desktop upon wakening