Windows 10: w10 activation key needed

Discus and support w10 activation key needed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought w10 pack and installed ok. system failed at some point . went to local pc shop / Iteck - Lampeter. system reloaded with their version of w10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RogerfSmith, May 28, 2019.

1. w10 activation key needed

I bought w10 pack and installed ok. system failed at some point . went to local pc shop / Iteck - Lampeter.

system reloaded with their version of w10.

system now asking for activation key, which I don't have ( digital version used)

company now packed up and not available

how do I solve the key problem as my key will not activate the shop version.

do I reload the complete system or what?

:)

RogerfSmith, May 28, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Not only that, you can check your M$ account and see what devices are listed there, so you know if you can do a clean install or not. Do the upgrade, get it activated, verify that it is listed in your account, then feel free to do a fresh install without activation issues ever.

cadaveca, May 28, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User

You don't get a key, and if you use a keyfinder utility it just returns a generic public key that won't activate. They have updated their activation system with Win10, the OS will attempt to activate without a key and match your hardware ID to one stored in the activation servers. If the hardware ID matches your copy will activate with no key required. According to the FAQ, if you make "significant changes" to your hardware you may have to contact Microsoft tech support.

According to what I've read, if you have a retail version your upgrade is also retail and can be move between computers. That is where contacting tech support comes in.

Part of their upgrade licencing for all their upgrade versions has said the key becomes invalid. I would assume it is buried in the upgrade license for Win10 as well.

newtekie1, May 28, 2019
  4. w10 activation key needed

Yup! I saw it in there this morning. I really like this new activation route they have gone so far. Super easy to maintain.

TheMailMan78, May 28, 2019
Thema:

w10 activation key needed

1. w10 activation key needed - Similar Threads - w10 activation key

2. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 activation: I have to let my laptop be fixed and while I'm doing that I am having trouble activating windows. I tried to use troubleshooter but it won't work. I asked the same problem before and gave me the steps to do in troubleshooter. I cannot find a way to talk to someone instead of...
  3. I NEED AN ACTIVATION KEY

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I NEED AN ACTIVATION KEY: I NEED SOME ASSISTANCE MY WINDOWS HAS FAILED TO ACTIVATE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-an-activation-key/4724945d-56b0-4ecd-94ec-7559a0e1a658
  4. I need a key for activation

I need a key for activation: Split from this thread. Hi, my name is Neil, I'm an independent adviser and a Windows 10 user like you. This is how you add and select a new keyboard layout in Windows 10: Open Settings by clicking your Windows Start button and then the cog icon. Click on Time & Language....
  5. I need a activation key!

I need a activation key!: I need a activation key I had Windows 10 pro ago. I had a problem with that and I again installed Windows 10 education in my pc from a local computer shop. But my old version was activated but new one is not activated. What can I do to get a activation code?...
  6. Do i NEED and W10 Key to reinstall?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do i NEED and W10 Key to reinstall?: Im not expert at this , helping a friend(elderly) whose ASUS AIO suddenly wont boot past the BIOS screen. Ive been able to boot into USB and run every thing that i can form the latest W10 download(to usb) from MS. I have been able to boot into Linux Mint(Cinnamon) and see...
  7. activation key needed

activation key needed: I keep getting a message saying that my windows 10 Education is about to expire and i need to enter a product key to reactivate. i dont have it. where can i buy one? or what is best thing to do?...
  8. Installed W10's activation key?

Installed W10's activation key?: Hello. Is W10 Home Ed's control panel -> system and security -> system -> Windows activation's Product ID the key (its last three letters says OEM) used to install & activate? If not, then where I can get its activation key to install W10 cleanly from scratch? Thank you for...
  9. active windows need a key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    active windows need a key: how to active windows 10 n in that I need a key but I m not getting how to find. help if there is any website then plz share me...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/active-windows-need-a-key/3828aee5-7d35-43ad-894a-309b8fa2afe3
  10. Need activation key to update to Anniversary Upgrade W10

Need activation key to update to Anniversary Upgrade W10: I never received a activation/product key for my version of W10 which was downloaded from the official Microsoft website over a year ago. How can I proceed to upgrade to the latest Anniversary update as I don`t have the required key/code. Thanks in advance. 58473