Windows 10: W10 activation on an iMac

Discus and support W10 activation on an iMac in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I know HOW2 find my W10 key on a HP laptop KeyFinderInstaller I have some, simple single lines of code that will list the same value for your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by johndough, Oct 6, 2019.

1. johndough Win User

W10 activation on an iMac

Hi
    I know HOW2 find my W10 key on a HP laptop
    KeyFinderInstaller

I have some, simple single lines of code that will list the same value for your Windows 10 Product Key…
    W10 Using cmd.exe as an Administrator (copy and paste accordingly).

wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey >> c:\ProdKey.txt
    Creates a text file called ProdKey.txt on your C:\ area.

Next is a PowerShell command, as Administrator...
    (Get-WmiObject -query ‘select * from SoftwareLicensingService’).OA3xOriginalProductKey
    but it will run within W10 using cmd.exe as an Administrator.
    powershell (Get-WmiObject -query ‘select * from SoftwareLicensingService’).OA3xOriginalProductKey

Last, but not least....
    L: [email protected]:~$ sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/MSDM | strings | tail -n 1

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...d/windows10ISO

But common wisdom is that the Key is stored in the BIOS, so how do I access that after a clean install?

Is the iMac BIOS going to be accessible, and is the W10 KEY actually stored in there?

:)

johndough, Oct 6, 2019

2. W10 Key storage?

Hi

I HAD W10 running on an iMAC under BootCamp and while attempting an upgrade to High Sierra the W10 install does not boot.

I want to re-install and need to know my Activation Key, where is it stored on my iMAC?

Before I delete or damage anything.

ProctalgiaFugax, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Ubersonic Win User
    W10 activation and motherboard failure.

Hey, wasn't sure what section to put this in.

Motherboard died yesterday, managed to source a replacement but I believe I am correct in thinking that once I swap the board W10 will deactivate itself and demand I buy a new copy?

If so, would I be able to get around this by booting the system with a spare HDD, installing W7/8, upgrading to W10, then connecting the original drive (so the MB has been used/activated with W10)?

Thanks.

Ubersonic, Oct 6, 2019
  4. W10 activation on an iMac

Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Yup! I saw it in there this morning. I really like this new activation route they have gone so far. Super easy to maintain.

TheMailMan78, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

W10 activation on an iMac

1. W10 activation on an iMac - Similar Threads - W10 activation iMac

2. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 activation: I have to let my laptop be fixed and while I'm doing that I am having trouble activating windows. I tried to use troubleshooter but it won't work. I asked the same problem before and gave me the steps to do in troubleshooter. I cannot find a way to talk to someone instead of...
  3. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 activation: I have to let my laptop be fixed and while I'm doing that I am having trouble activating windows. I tried to use troubleshooter but it won't work. I asked the same problem before and gave me the steps to do in troubleshooter. I cannot find a way to talk to someone instead of...
  4. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 activation: I have upgraded and changed my mother board and when I open it, there is a watermark for activation. I tried to activate and do trinoubleshoot but it seems that it doesn't connect....
  5. W10 activation

W10 activation: I have upgraded and changed my mother board and when I open it, there is a watermark for activation. I tried to activate and do trinoubleshoot but it seems that it doesn't connect....
  6. W10 activation

W10 activation: So I found a product key in the web to used and it's working.. I just want to ask if this legal or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-activation/3082f857-331a-4788-8495-031e8d387310
  7. Imac

in Windows 10 Customization
    Imac: The problem is on my imac the apple side the wifi works completely fine how ever on the bootcamp windows side the speed reduces from 180 down to 20 or 30. What can I do to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imac/b2a45684-3389-492c-8a64-b0320614a3af
  8. W10 activation

W10 activation: Hello, I'm having trouble activating my windows 10 home. It was all good until I made a huge hardware update recently and now only my old hard drive remains. Windows on that hard drive detected the hardware change and then decided to deactivate my windows. The problem is I...
  9. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 activation: My w10 system suddenly asks for activation after 2 years of normal operation. No hardware changes. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-activation/7e19f933-a1c3-438f-9fcb-606b563292f5
  10. activating w10

activating w10: I have an older drive with windows 8.1 on it, I have copied the key from the OS. This drive was never updated to w10 but is a fully legal activated version of w8.1 I have just put together a new system and figured I could do a clean install of 586 w10 and just plug in the...