Windows 10: W10 Activation won't happen

Discus and support W10 Activation won't happen in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My copy of W10 Home was purchased online from Microsoft & installed on my pc from a thumb drive. All was well & activation occurred by digital license.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JN46, Jul 11, 2020.

1. JN46 Win User

W10 Activation won't happen

My copy of W10 Home was purchased online from Microsoft & installed on my pc from a thumb drive. All was well & activation occurred by digital license.

When the pc video failed I returned the pc for replacement under warranty removing the ssd & ram prior to sending it as that was how I purchased it.

I reinstalled the ssd & ram into the replacement pc & all is well again except for the fact that the activation doesn't happen no matter how many times I try.

The W10 OS is the one I purchased and I understand that the hardware change creates a problem but the troubleshooter includes a line referring to that, but it doesn't help me. I can't believe that I'm expected to buy another copy of W10 because of this problem.

There must be an answer to this and I'd really appreciate any help to solve it.

:)

2. Ubersonic Win User

W10 activation and motherboard failure.

Hey, wasn't sure what section to put this in.

Motherboard died yesterday, managed to source a replacement but I believe I am correct in thinking that once I swap the board W10 will deactivate itself and demand I buy a new copy?

If so, would I be able to get around this by booting the system with a spare HDD, installing W7/8, upgrading to W10, then connecting the original drive (so the MB has been used/activated with W10)?

Thanks.

Ubersonic, Jul 11, 2020
  3. bbinnard Win User
    What will happen on Jan 20, 2016?

Strollin: I understand your suggestion, but that means I'll have to re-install all my sofftware etc. again. This is not an enticing thought at all.

LCDR: I tried the old activation code I used before - it is the same on you posted.

I tried the steps listed at the WinAero site. Last one failed because it said the server could not be located. But I did get the Jan 20, 2016 date back. So that's something.

bbinnard, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Superfly Win User

What will happen on Jan 20, 2016?

Sorry if I did not make it clear - that is an illegal activation method - that xspace server must have been taken down by MS.

Superfly, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

1. W10 Activation won't happen - Similar Threads - W10 Activation won't

2. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 activation: I have to let my laptop be fixed and while I'm doing that I am having trouble activating windows. I tried to use troubleshooter but it won't work. I asked the same problem before and gave me the steps to do in troubleshooter. I cannot find a way to talk to someone instead of...
  3. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 activation: I have to let my laptop be fixed and while I'm doing that I am having trouble activating windows. I tried to use troubleshooter but it won't work. I asked the same problem before and gave me the steps to do in troubleshooter. I cannot find a way to talk to someone instead of...
  4. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 activation: I have upgraded and changed my mother board and when I open it, there is a watermark for activation. I tried to activate and do trinoubleshoot but it seems that it doesn't connect....
  5. W10 activation

W10 activation: I have upgraded and changed my mother board and when I open it, there is a watermark for activation. I tried to activate and do trinoubleshoot but it seems that it doesn't connect....
  6. W10 activation

W10 activation: So I found a product key in the web to used and it's working.. I just want to ask if this legal or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-activation/3082f857-331a-4788-8495-031e8d387310
  7. W10 activation

W10 activation: Hello, I'm having trouble activating my windows 10 home. It was all good until I made a huge hardware update recently and now only my old hard drive remains. Windows on that hard drive detected the hardware change and then decided to deactivate my windows. The problem is I...
  8. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 activation: My w10 system suddenly asks for activation after 2 years of normal operation. No hardware changes. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-activation/7e19f933-a1c3-438f-9fcb-606b563292f5
  9. Upgraded to W10, downgraded to W7 unconventionally, won't activate

Upgraded to W10, downgraded to W7 unconventionally, won't activate: This is kinda a Windows 7 question, but I think Windows 10 might have changed my product key and now it's incompatible with 7 or something. Basically, I 'upgraded' W7 to W10 a while back and exceeded my W7 rollback date (wanted a clean install anyway) so I looked around and...
  10. activating w10

activating w10: I have an older drive with windows 8.1 on it, I have copied the key from the OS. This drive was never updated to w10 but is a fully legal activated version of w8.1 I have just put together a new system and figured I could do a clean install of 586 w10 and just plug in the...