Windows 10: W10 Activation

Discus and support W10 Activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I changed for free via MS site back several month ago from W7 to W10. All went well and I was very happy , my desktop worked as a treat. Around 2 weeks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MGoldEJ, Aug 16, 2019.

1. MGoldEJ Win User

W10 Activation

I changed for free via MS site back several month ago from W7 to W10. All went well and I was very happy , my desktop worked as a treat. Around 2 weeks ago after boot up I started to get a message that I need to activate W10 using a product key. My PC is at my home and is not part of any work or organisation. On resetting it ask me for a product key which I do not have , as said the upgrade was free via the MS site. I very worried that my PC will shut down and I will loos all my data. Thanking you in advance. Regards

:)

MGoldEJ, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Ubersonic Win User

W10 activation and motherboard failure.

Hey, wasn't sure what section to put this in.

Motherboard died yesterday, managed to source a replacement but I believe I am correct in thinking that once I swap the board W10 will deactivate itself and demand I buy a new copy?

If so, would I be able to get around this by booting the system with a spare HDD, installing W7/8, upgrading to W10, then connecting the original drive (so the MB has been used/activated with W10)?

Thanks.

Ubersonic, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Yup! I saw it in there this morning. I really like this new activation route they have gone so far. Super easy to maintain.

TheMailMan78, Aug 16, 2019
  4. W10 Activation

Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

Outlook help - Office Support

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

W10 Activation

1. W10 Activation - Similar Threads - W10 Activation

2. If I have two rigs with activated W10 and swap boot drives between them, will W10 be...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I have two rigs with activated W10 and swap boot drives between them, will W10 be...: I just acquired a new gaming rig. It already has an SSD with W10 home 64-bit activated. I also have my current SSD which also has W10 home 64-bit activated. If I take out both SSDs and swap them with each other, will I screw myself out of both licenses due to hardware IDs...
  3. W10 activation on an iMac

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 activation on an iMac: Hi I know HOW2 find my W10 key on a HP laptop KeyFinderInstaller I have some, simple single lines of code that will list the same value for your Windows 10 Product Key… W10 Using cmd.exe as an Administrator (copy and paste accordingly). wmic path softwarelicensingservice...
  4. Constantly Left/Active Spker would Drop Out - W10 Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constantly Left/Active Spker would Drop Out - W10 Audio Drivers: Each driver states that its device is 'working properly'. no, it's not PC running W10. the left speaker constantly drops out - sometimes, this issue is resolved by swapping USB ports (A2+ connected by USB cable). A2+ is not faulty - confirmed & tested, with its USB...
  5. Activating W10 Pro: why didn't it ask me to enter the key?

Activating W10 Pro: why didn't it ask me to enter the key?: My copy of W10 is activated but during the installation I didn't get an option to enter the key. Should I expect that Windows asks me later at some point to provide it? I had created the installation USB on the machine with a licensed W7 Pro so is that key sort of transferred...
  6. W10 1903 - wery unresponsive after activating Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 1903 - wery unresponsive after activating Remote Desktop: Hi Bill Gates!!! Some 3 weeks ago, I installed the android remote app on my tablet and connected to my laptop. Went on a holiday and was never able to login to my machine, even tho it worked just fine after the setup process! When activating the RDP on my machine,...
  7. Problem W10 key activation, microsoft acc linked to 2 devices

Problem W10 key activation, microsoft acc linked to 2 devices: I'm unable to activate a W10 pro key on my notebook (error code 0xc004c008) and I think this is due to my microsoft account being linked to my main PC aswell as my notebook. Can I somehow change my microsoft acc on my notebook ? The windows copy for my notebook is a different...
  8. Problem W10 key activation, microsoft acc linked to 2 devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem W10 key activation, microsoft acc linked to 2 devices: I'm unable to activate a W10 pro key on my notebook (error code 0xc004c008) and I think this is due to my microsoft account being linked to my main PC aswell as my notebook. Can I somehow change my microsoft acc on my notebook ? The windows copy for my notebook is a different...
  9. Ex-corporate PC upgraded from Vista to W10 will not activate Windows.

Ex-corporate PC upgraded from Vista to W10 will not activate Windows.: I purchased a PC advertised as Windows 10 from a favourite charity shop. It had been upgraded to Windows 10 from Vista and has a watermark in the bottom right of the screen, saying "Activate Windows, Go to settings to activate windows." I have found that this is an...
  10. Hyper-v W10 Pro OEM activation

Hyper-v W10 Pro OEM activation: I bought an OEM activation key for W10 Pro and applied to host OS, activated the Hyper-V, installed W10 Pro as guest OS and tried to activate it with the same OEM key. As far as I understand, the OEM key is bound to the hardware and I'm activating it in the same PC, but an...