Windows 10: W10 administrator issues

Discus and support W10 administrator issues in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Since I use W10 I face on a regular base problems with administrator rights like I cannot remember from W7 nor all earlier versions. Frequently I see... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JosVa, Jan 19, 2021.

1. JosVa Win User

W10 administrator issues

Since I use W10 I face on a regular base problems with administrator rights like I cannot remember from W7 nor all earlier versions. Frequently I see that I have no right to open a folder or file in the other OS-systems. Often just admitting to the question yes or no to open does work. But why that question?. Nothing special happened before as I remember.
    I use a multiboot PC with W7, W10 and Linux. Yesterday in W7 I had no rights to look in 2 folders on my internal sata backup drive. All other folders were free to read and write. To go around this I get the ownership back by creating an "everyone" account with full rights and that solves the problem instantly. This trick cannot be done in Linux but after W7 did it Linux has its full rights back. So I think the owner setting causes this problem.

Now I start thinking that I learned this trick after upgrading to W10 as before that I cannot remember doing this. What I also see is that W10 is always telling me what to do. Even when I do not ask for it. In the background W10 is often changing settings the way I do not like. That is my main reason for multibooting W7 and Linux too.
    In the internet I see many lookalike questions. Could it be that W10 changes rights on folders or files without telling me? I see solutions like mine but also of formatting the disk and even that is sometimes not allowed by Windows. Luckily my "everyone" setting works always.

Could it be that because W10 is not shutting down by just clicking the powerbutton causes this? I learned to press the SHIFT key too for as long as shutting down takes. To avoid that W10 is storing data and settings on disk for a faster next startup. Also read that there are already tools to do this for you.

Or do I see things wrong?

:)

JosVa, Jan 19, 2021

2. Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 19, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

W10 administrator issues

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

W10 administrator issues

1. W10 administrator issues - Similar Threads - W10 administrator issues

2. W10 administrator account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    W10 administrator account: I have 2 admin accounts. How can I prevent one of the admin account have access on my files. I want to keep files for myself and the browsers open. How can I do that?...
  3. W10 administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 administrator account: I have 2 admin accounts. How can I prevent one of the admin account have access on my files. I want to keep files for myself and the browsers open. How can I do that?...
  4. W10 administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Administrator Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Issue: Here's one for the experts. I received a laptop from my sister and I factory reset it to put it in my name. It runs windows 11 with up to date software and drivers. I am trying to download some applications that need access to some parts of the computer for college, but it...
  6. Administrator Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Issue: Here's one for the experts. I received a laptop from my sister and I factory reset it to put it in my name. It runs windows 11 with up to date software and drivers. I am trying to download some applications that need access to some parts of the computer for college, but it...
  7. administrator issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administrator issue: Asks me for my windows password again, and I type in the same exact password, and it says it is incorrect. I keep having account issues, and I'm pretty sure this is probably why. Any suggestions?...
  8. administrator issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    administrator issue: Used "Net user administrator / active:yes" in order to sfc. Now the admin block is part of my start screen and active:no does not remove it. Looking for a way to remove it. 132179
  9. Administrator issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Administrator issues: Hello all, I am having issues with my pc for last few days and with all your help I have been rectifying, now what I am facing is many of my programs are not opening, and when I right click and open as administrator some of them are responding! Such Dropbox etc. Further more...
  10. W10 Administrator Control issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 Administrator Control issue: Hello, I have W10 installed on my HP Desktop computer and am the only onethat uses the system. The Administrative users are Administrator and Bob (me)but when I tried to delete a JPEG photo from my Desktop, I was advised that Ineed to be the administrator to delete the file....