Windows 10: W10 always downloading data

Discus and support W10 always downloading data in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings First im not the average pc user im a bit tech savvy very experienced windows user (i run 7 since 2009) now im testing 10 for 2 weeks (clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lucretius, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Lucretius Win User

W10 always downloading data

Greetings

First im not the average pc user im a bit tech savvy very experienced windows user
    (i run 7 since 2009) now im testing 10 for 2 weeks (clean iso trial where it asks for the serial)

but now this problem is driving me nuts ; basically i disabled the updates in settings, gpedit and services even the bits one to disabled and never resume

but i think the system override that after reboot it downloads again the process is backgroundsystemhost

which i can block only with netlimiter but i need a permanent solution ( im on a metered but quite large mobile plan hundreds of gb per month, but you get the idea) thanks for any help

:)

Lucretius, Mar 18, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown W10 always downloading data :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Iacopo86 Win User

Accidentaly Deleted W10 Update Files

Hey, thanks for the replies.

I tried all the suggested steps but still no downloads running for W10.

I think I'll sleep and check again tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

Iacopo86, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

1. W10 always downloading data - Similar Threads - W10 always downloading

2. Deleting personal data on w10

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting personal data on w10: Hi Guys My friend wants to give away her oldish laptop to Daily Mail to help scvhool children, and asked me how to delete personal data. I told him that I use the startt/settings/update & security/recovery but he reckons that does not comepletely CLEAR ALL. Any advice...
  3. Diagnostic Data always reverting to Basic ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Diagnostic Data always reverting to Basic ?: Windows 10, latest version. I have been unable for a while now to change Diagnostic Data to Full, in order to re-enter the Windows Insider Program (I was in it for a previous machine I had built, but neglected to join asap when building this current pc). I have tried quite a...
  4. W10 always downloading data

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 always downloading data: Greetings First im not the average pc user im a bit tech savvy very experienced windows user (i run 7 since 2009) now im testing 10 for 2 weeks (clean iso trial where it asks for the serial) but now this problem is driving me nuts ; basically i disabled the updates in...
  5. downloads data deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloads data deleted: yesterday I was using the disk cleanup feature to clean one of my drives and I accidentally checked downloads and I wanted to know if there was any way I could get the files back. I don't have disk history/backup enabled and I tried to use Recuva and got a few things back but...
  6. download always fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    download always fails: downloading windows 10 on my mac Internet speed is 74mbps on an edge speed test Download size is 3.2GB but my speed DROPS to 0.3mbps Estimated Time: Over 12 hours I let it sit overnight. I come back, its been 13 hours Remaining time: over 12 hours The next day...
  7. OCX DATA CONTROL AND W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OCX DATA CONTROL AND W10: I HAVE A PROGRAM CREATED WITH VB6 USING SOME OCX ACCESSING DATA. AFTER INSTALLATION ON NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10, THE OCX CAN NOT RETREIVE DATA FROM THE ACCESS DATABASE. THE OCX ARE SHERIDAN DBCOMBO. I WANT TO FIX THIS,SOME ONE HELP?...
  8. Updates not downloading for W10, stuck at 'downloading...'

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates not downloading for W10, stuck at 'downloading...': Title. Screenie attached - the progress doesn't advance at all over any length of time. [img] How do I force updates? 15221
  9. W10 Downloading Again

W10 Downloading Again: Windows 10 started to download when I already have W10. I stopped the download. This happened after Dual Boot set up with Linux Mint 18. Was booted in W10. My OS W10 Pro version 10.0.10586. 58097
  10. download w10 pro

download w10 pro: I'm using the microsoft downloader tool to make a disk of Windows 10. I want the pro version. It doesn't seem to offer that as an option before the download begins. How do I get the Pro version? Thanks. 73364