Windows 10: W10 always malfunctioning after each few hours of continuous use

Discus and support W10 always malfunctioning after each few hours of continuous use in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings. I upgraded to W10 a few months ago and one of the most annoying issues I have is the OS always starts malfunctioning after being used for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MetalTxus, Jan 1, 2017.

1. MetalTxus Win User

W10 always malfunctioning after each few hours of continuous use

Greetings.

I upgraded to W10 a few months ago and one of the most annoying issues I have is the OS always starts malfunctioning after being used for a few hours. The explorer context menu labels disappear, the explorer shortcuts stop working, the explorer doesn't refresh when folder contents are updated and most software stops working, each application giving different and seemingly wrong exceptions.

I've searched this issue and I only find cases where people sometimes have it and the solution is "restart the computer". This has been the solution I've been applying all the time as well but it's rather annoying having to restart the computer after each few hours. Is this really the only solution?

This is happening both on my workspace laptop and my home desktop computer. For the former I don't have the specs but the ones for the latter can be found on my signature. The OS is up to date on both computers.

:)

MetalTxus, Jan 1, 2017
  2. isamou Win User

Lumia 730 reset automatically

Don't get your hopes up about the replacement phone. I received a replacement and it malfunctioned within a few hours after opening the box.

isamou, Jan 1, 2017
  3. Ken429 Win User
    W10 v1511 restarts automatically exactly 24 hours after it was shutdown?

I have 6 systems running W10 v1511 and only one of them has this obsession to restart itself exactly 24 hours after It has been shutdown. I have tracked this behavior for at least a week. Each day it restarts exactly 24 hours after it was shutdown. The
    physical time I shut the system down does not change the 24 hour timeframe for it's unattended startup. I have another W10 v1511 (one of the six mentioned above) with almost exactly the same hardware and software and it does not have this problem.

Can someone please give me a few hints on what the heck I should be looking at to make this system stay shutdown. W10 v1511 is a relative fresh install on all the systems.

Ken429, Jan 1, 2017
  4. marsmimar Win User

marsmimar, Jan 1, 2017
  5. valihrach Win User
    You should suspect some software installed concurrently on both PCs, esp. some Explorer addons (they usually can be viewed while you rightclick at some file). Also see what happens if you restart/kill currently malfunctioning process explorer.exe in task manager.

valihrach, Jan 2, 2017
  6. MetalTxus Win User
    Other people at work have the exact same hardware as I do and perform tasks that require the same and even more machine power and I've never heard of them having this issue. I should add most of them run either Linux or Win7/8.1.

Regardless I'll keep check the temperatures again when the issue arises next time as right now they seem to fall under the expected values.

Only Clover is installed but the issues affect as ell the desktop so I don't think it's the issue.
    Killing all explorer processes and starting it anew never fixed the issue.RestarRestar

MetalTxus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 always malfunctioning after each few hours of continuous use - Similar Threads - W10 always malfunctioning

2. Surface pro 5 always malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 5 always malfunctioning: I don’t know about anyone else but my surface has been replaced 3 times and now ive been trying to get ahold of them because its malfunctioning again and nobody will help fix it even though they sent me a usb in the mail and were supposed to stay in touch...
  3. My system shutsdown after a few hours of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My system shutsdown after a few hours of inactivity: Upon looking into the system log, I found following events: Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client" Guid="{1c95126e-7eea-49a9-a3fe-a378b03ddb4d}" /> <EventID>1014</EventID>...
  4. BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...
  5. Random latency and slowdowns after a few hour of usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random latency and slowdowns after a few hour of usage: I had a problem which was started 2 or 3 weeks ago, the windows slows down after 4-6 hours of usage. Usage stats: CPU ~20% | RAM 46% | Disc 0% (<0,5Mb) | Network 0% | Processes: 332 | Threads: 4306 | Descriptors(?): 152498 CPU: i7-4700HQ (2,4GHz) RAM: 32GB System runs on...
  6. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every few hours or few days - very random: I added a new video card so I could add a new 4K Dell P2715Q monitor with my current Dell 2407 WFP. The card is a PNY nVidia quadro k620. When I added them I still had Windows 7. Started getting random BSOD with various reasons indicated such as "driver IRQL not less or...
  7. RDP to W10 disconnected after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to W10 disconnected after a few seconds: I've updated two of my Win7 Professional PCs to W10 Professtional. After the upgrade, I can't RDP into either one of them. The session connects and I can see the desktop for a second of two, perhaps make a couple clicks, then it gets disconnected. This happens on both PCs. I...
  8. Memory leak after a few hours

Memory leak after a few hours: Hey, I have this weird issue with my OS. I have 16GB of RAM and whenever I boot the OS the RAM usage is 14%. After a few hours the memory usage is going to 30%+ although there isn't any program that uses that much. I can't know which program causing this because it...
  9. Start Menu & Cortana Buggy After a Few Hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu & Cortana Buggy After a Few Hours: → PLEASE VIEW THE IMAGES BELOW TO SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT ← [img] [img] [img] [img] To quickly summarize because I made a similar thread like this... I did a fresh re-install of Windows 10 Pro and upgraded to the Anniversary Update Version 1607 (OS Build...
  10. Laptop keeps waking up automatically after a few hours

Laptop keeps waking up automatically after a few hours: After putting my laptop to sleep, it always automatically wakes up after about 4 or 6 hours. ive checked all power settings and even all wake timers in advanced settings have been fully disabled. This just started about a month ago and i havent changed any of the setting in a...