Windows 10: W10 always malfunctioning after each few hours of continuous use

Discus and support W10 always malfunctioning after each few hours of continuous use in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings. I upgraded to W10 a few months ago and one of the most annoying issues I have is the OS always starts malfunctioning after being used for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MetalTxus, Jan 1, 2017.

1. MetalTxus Win User

W10 always malfunctioning after each few hours of continuous use

Greetings.

I upgraded to W10 a few months ago and one of the most annoying issues I have is the OS always starts malfunctioning after being used for a few hours. The explorer context menu labels disappear, the explorer shortcuts stop working, the explorer doesn't refresh when folder contents are updated and most software stops working, each application giving different and seemingly wrong exceptions.

I've searched this issue and I only find cases where people sometimes have it and the solution is "restart the computer". This has been the solution I've been applying all the time as well but it's rather annoying having to restart the computer after each few hours. Is this really the only solution?

This is happening both on my workspace laptop and my home desktop computer. For the former I don't have the specs but the ones for the latter can be found on my signature. The OS is up to date on both computers.

:)

MetalTxus, Jan 1, 2017
  2. isamou Win User

Lumia 730 reset automatically

Don't get your hopes up about the replacement phone. I received a replacement and it malfunctioned within a few hours after opening the box.

isamou, Jan 1, 2017
  3. Ken429 Win User
    W10 v1511 restarts automatically exactly 24 hours after it was shutdown?

I have 6 systems running W10 v1511 and only one of them has this obsession to restart itself exactly 24 hours after It has been shutdown. I have tracked this behavior for at least a week. Each day it restarts exactly 24 hours after it was shutdown. The
    physical time I shut the system down does not change the 24 hour timeframe for it's unattended startup. I have another W10 v1511 (one of the six mentioned above) with almost exactly the same hardware and software and it does not have this problem.

Can someone please give me a few hints on what the heck I should be looking at to make this system stay shutdown. W10 v1511 is a relative fresh install on all the systems.

Ken429, Jan 1, 2017
  4. marsmimar Win User

marsmimar, Jan 1, 2017
  5. valihrach Win User
    You should suspect some software installed concurrently on both PCs, esp. some Explorer addons (they usually can be viewed while you rightclick at some file). Also see what happens if you restart/kill currently malfunctioning process explorer.exe in task manager.

valihrach, Jan 2, 2017
  6. MetalTxus Win User
    Other people at work have the exact same hardware as I do and perform tasks that require the same and even more machine power and I've never heard of them having this issue. I should add most of them run either Linux or Win7/8.1.

Regardless I'll keep check the temperatures again when the issue arises next time as right now they seem to fall under the expected values.

Only Clover is installed but the issues affect as ell the desktop so I don't think it's the issue.
    Killing all explorer processes and starting it anew never fixed the issue.RestarRestar

MetalTxus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 always malfunctioning after each few hours of continuous use - Similar Threads - W10 always malfunctioning

2. Internet turns off after a few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet turns off after a few hours: After a few hours of being away from my laptop, the internet on it turns off completely and doesn't turn back on unless I restart my device. I've had this same problem in the past with this same laptop, but the old solution with the unchecking boxes doesn't work as they are...
  3. Internet turns off after a few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet turns off after a few hours: After a few hours of being away from my laptop, the internet on it turns off completely and doesn't turn back on unless I restart my device. I've had this same problem in the past with this same laptop, but the old solution with the unchecking boxes doesn't work as they are...
  4. Fps drops in-game after few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops in-game after few hours: Hey, I'm Bhargav Motiwala. I'm using a Lenovo L340 gaming laptop 1TB storage. I play valorant everyday and recently I upgraded to Windows 11 and now I'm facing a problem that my fps everytime drops from 120fps to 40-50fps. I have tried multiple things like changing driver...
  5. Fps drops in-game after few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drops in-game after few hours: Hey, I'm Bhargav Motiwala. I'm using a Lenovo L340 gaming laptop 1TB storage. I play valorant everyday and recently I upgraded to Windows 11 and now I'm facing a problem that my fps everytime drops from 120fps to 40-50fps. I have tried multiple things like changing driver...
  6. PC continuously has a BSOD every few hours of use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC continuously has a BSOD every few hours of use: Hi,I receive occasional BSODs on my Windows 10 PC if I am using the PC and it's not in sleep it occurs every 0-8hrs doesn't matter if I am using chrome or playing games. This issue has been occurring for a few months now.I initially thought my memory was an issue so I ran...
  7. Application closes after few hours of work...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Application closes after few hours of work...: I recently updated windows 20H2. After a few days, my applications started closing automatically. There was very random errors like out of memory, localbridge.exe fatal error, and application errors too. WIndows support told me to do sfc /scannow and it ran but no...
  8. Touchpad spontaneously enabled after a few hours

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad spontaneously enabled after a few hours: I researched my problem on the internet but support answers from Microsoft and HP seem to show that the responders are guessing so the answers are unsatisfactory. Internet questions seem to show that HP, Dell, and Lenovo owners have this problem. My HP has a Synaptics...
  9. Windows repeatedly crashes after a few hours of use, Memory_manegement error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows repeatedly crashes after a few hours of use, Memory_manegement error: Hi! I have built a new PC which I have installed windows on via a USB with the media creation tool taken from my old PC. The problem I have is that windows crashes after a few hours of use and then repeatedly crashes shortly after the restart until I can eventually shut it...
  10. Memory leak after a few hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory leak after a few hours: Hey, I have this weird issue with my OS. I have 16GB of RAM and whenever I boot the OS the RAM usage is 14%. After a few hours the memory usage is going to 30%+ although there isn't any program that uses that much. I can't know which program causing this because it...