Windows 10: W10 and my webcam suddenly started showing only a blank/blank screen

Discus and support W10 and my webcam suddenly started showing only a blank/blank screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A bizarre Webcam issue has arisen and I can’t solve it. Any help much appreciated. W10 machine (obviously) Until a few days ago my webcam worked fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gibbonmann, Oct 29, 2019.

1. W10 and my webcam suddenly started showing only a blank/blank screen

A bizarre Webcam issue has arisen and I can’t solve it. Any help much appreciated. W10 machine (obviously) Until a few days ago my webcam worked fine, then started computer up and suddenly it’s just a black screen from the camera feed. So I checked for any updates in between it last working and this starting up and there haven’t been any for anything. I’ve uninstalled the device, it’s drivers the lot and reinstalled. Computer recognises it fine and powers it on, but still the blank/black screen persists. I’ve checked camera settings and they’re all good, I’ve checked drivers and all good. I’ve checked everything in every troubleshooter I can google. Safe Mode, different ports, unplugging everything but the webcam etc etc Nothing has yet worked.

Bought a new webcam, different model and brand (Microsoft) and it’s also doing exactly the same thing. Is recognised, Switches on but gives a blank/black screen from its feed exactly the same, so issue is evidently not the hardware at all, and I suspect not my computer hardware either as they’re being found fine and powered etc.

Any insights or help would be much appreciated please

submitted by /u/gibbonmann
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gibbonmann, Oct 29, 2019
  2. bro67 Win User

Mapped network drive shows only blank screen

Umm that is not a blank screen. That is a blank Windows Explorer window. It is showing at the top that there is nothing in that folder. Suggest you try with another device to find out if that folder really does have something in it.

bro67, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Oct 29, 2019
  4. kodex Win User

W10 and my webcam suddenly started showing only a blank/blank screen

Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

W10 and my webcam suddenly started showing only a blank/blank screen

1. W10 and my webcam suddenly started showing only a blank/blank screen - Similar Threads - W10 webcam suddenly

2. Blank screen with only cursor showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen with only cursor showing: Please as regards the blank screen with only cursor I followed one of your instructions that involved inputing explorer.exe at task manager the option for run new task please how long am I meant to wait before I can finally access my screen...
  3. Blank screen with only cursor showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen with only cursor showing: Please as regards the blank screen with only cursor I followed one of your instructions that involved inputing explorer.exe at task manager the option for run new task please how long am I meant to wait before I can finally access my screen...
  4. Blank screen with only cursor showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. W10 Windows Update blank screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Windows Update blank screen: Dear All, For almost three months I cannot download any update via the Windows Update page. There is only a blank white screen there and it seems like it is loading all the time blue dots on the top border are moving. I have searched the Internet to solve this problem, but...
  6. the camera screen shows blank

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the camera screen shows blank: The Camera is on but the screen shows a blank screen on Camera ,Zoom as well as Meet. I am using a Windows 10 Laptop. Please help me asap since I require it for Educational purpose....
  7. Sudden flicker blank screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sudden flicker blank screen: After Windows last update a couple days ago every now and then my screen flickers and blanks and then come on again. How do I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sudden-flicker-blank-screen/8c2a741b-f1af-43c4-9166-6c7785c348ad
  8. Start screen blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start screen blank: I was adding my kids to the account and setting up parental controls and now I can’t log in. I hit any key and the screen goes blank. the main screen comes on, i see the time, a background picture and hit any key to see my email accounts to log in BUT the entire screen goes...
  9. Mapped network drive shows only blank screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped network drive shows only blank screen: Hi guys , i have created a mapped network drive but nothing is listed when i connect to the remote pc. i do not see any folders/files etc ... if i use my pc to connect to another pc everything is available like the users ,public folders where i can browse through them.only...
  10. Problems with Start Screen blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Start Screen blank: Just installed build 10586 and get an error c:/programdata/microsoft/windows/startmenu/programs/desktop.ink parameter is incorrect. this came up after the upgrade was completed. cannot switch back and forth using the windows key also. Under programs there is no folder...