Windows 10: W10 and Old Windows Mobile

Discus and support W10 and Old Windows Mobile in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know if there is a way to get an old Windows Mobile to connect via USB to a W10 PC...? Back in the days of XP this Mobile used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tabvla, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Tabvla Win User

W10 and Old Windows Mobile

Does anyone know if there is a way to get an old Windows Mobile to connect via USB to a W10 PC...?

Back in the days of XP this Mobile used to communicate with XP by USB without any issues - just connect by USB and it would appear in File Explorer. But connecting it to a W10 PC by USB only charges the phone. There does not seem to be a way to tell either the phone or W10 to communicate rather that charge.

PC : W10 v 1803 up-to-date
    Phone : Windows Mobile v6 Standard CE OS 5.2.1620

Thanks for any help.

T.

:)

Tabvla, Dec 21, 2018
  2. Pete1burn Win User

[WTB][US]   Verizon Windows Mobile Smartphone

I have an old Verizon Samsung smartphone with Windows Mobile, but I doubt you'd be interested. It's an older model than the ones you listed, but it matches all of your requirements.

Pete1burn, Dec 21, 2018
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Windows X Mobile on iPhone

It’s not a defunct OS. W10 on mobile phones was not a separate OS like earlier versions. It is actually W10. It is the Windows Phone project that went defunct. Apple is placing an actual OS on the phone same as MS did with their phones. People calling it Windows Mobile is actually incorrect after W8.1.

BTW, keep an eye out over the next year for the Surface Phone. It has been given the name Project AND.

rtwjunkie, Dec 21, 2018
  4. felipaopl Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Wait, but have you done the whole step-by-step guide described in the OP? DDL/DTS isn't supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 either, unless if you do the steps listed there.

felipaopl, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 and Old Windows Mobile - Similar Threads - W10 Old Mobile

2. mobile net not working in w10, wifi net gets disconnected in w10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mobile net not working in w10, wifi net gets disconnected in w10: On my W10, mobile net 4G sim dongle is not working at all, doesn't get connected.Also, even wifi net gets disconnected frequently and doesn't connect, I have to reboot and then it works for little time.Both the things are working well in other W10 partition and two w8.1...
  3. mobile net not working in w10, wifi net gets disconnected in w10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile net not working in w10, wifi net gets disconnected in w10: On my W10, mobile net 4G sim dongle is not working at all, doesn't get connected.Also, even wifi net gets disconnected frequently and doesn't connect, I have to reboot and then it works for little time.Both the things are working well in other W10 partition and two w8.1...
  4. mobile net not working in w10, wifi net gets disconnected in w10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Trying to run W10 on old rig

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to run W10 on old rig: Hey everyone, I got an Asus M2N-E SLI with AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 4600+8Gb of RamNvidia GeForce GT240 SSD 240Gb Main Unit with OS HDD 500Gb Storage UnitI'm trying to install Windows 10 but I can't make it to boot properly, any ideas? The PC was running Windows 7...
  6. Old MB w/W10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Old MB w/W10?: Hi all :) I have an old ASUS P6T w/an Intel Core i7 from 10 (?) years ago. I would like to install W10 (as opposed to 7). I went to the ASUS site, and looked at the MB, but it makes no mention of OS Does anyone know if I will be able to install and run W10 here? I did a...
  7. W10 and Old Windows Mobile

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 and Old Windows Mobile: Does anyone know if there is a way to get an old Windows Mobile to connect via USB to a W10 PC...? Back in the days of XP this Mobile used to communicate with XP by USB without any issues - just connect by USB and it would appear in File Explorer. But connecting it to a W10...
  8. here maps on W10 mobile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    here maps on W10 mobile: Hi I am still using my Lumia 830 on W 8.1. and I have a option to update software to W10. The main thing I am concerned of is can I still use Here maps on W10. That is an important segment why I still use windows phone. I heard that Here maps are no longer available on W10....
  9. W10 MOBILE build 14926

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 MOBILE build 14926: Gi, having some problems with my phone since the update, keeps resetting because "it's too hot" (not even close to hot just regular temperature), I open the store for updates, phone shuts down instantly or resets in some cases. Can anyone help me with this? BTW I'm using...
  10. Privacy W10 Mobile

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy W10 Mobile: Hi All, Anybody noticed that W10 Mobile sends enormous amount of telemetry data to MS? I am not a heavy user but in a week my phone like to send about 6mb of data when i connect to wifi, i mean 6mb that is a lot of text. Anybody knows in what format it send its data to...