Windows 10: W10 App CPU Affinity shortcut

Discus and support W10 App CPU Affinity shortcut in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings everyone I am hoping somebody out there can help me. I wish to create a shortcut for a .exe app where I set the CPU affinity to use 3 of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zpider, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Zpider Win User

W10 App CPU Affinity shortcut

Greetings everyone
    I am hoping somebody out there can help me.
    I wish to create a shortcut for a .exe app where I set the CPU affinity to use 3 of my 4 cores.
    I have tried using my old powershell batch that worked with windows 7 and I have tried following the tutorial on the windows eight forums, where you create a shortcut, but with no luck.
    Am I the only one having this problem or is there someone out there who has solved this?

Best regards

:)

Zpider, Mar 28, 2016

2. Bully Scholarship Edition Automatic Affinity

Lately I have been playing Bully SE, but it crashed within an hour. so I learned that I have to set its affinity to only CPU 0 but its really annoying to try to get to task manager to set it while trying to minimize the game temporarily. Can someone give
    me a code for a shortcut or batch file to do so. FYI I run the game from steam.

Grant Avery, Mar 28, 2016
  3. SarahKong Win User
    In Win 10, where can I find the "limit CPU usage during scan to x%" setting for McAfee Virus Scan?

Check the article below.

Option about program affinity maybe will work if you multiple processors.

https://www.technorms.com/46600/regulate-cpu-us...

SarahKong, Mar 28, 2016
  4. Zpider Win User

Anybody that can give me a clue where to start looking? *Biggrin

Zpider, Apr 2, 2016
Thema:

1. W10 App CPU Affinity shortcut - Similar Threads - W10 App CPU

2. Set back CPU affinity to default for an application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set back CPU affinity to default for an application: Hello !I have encountered an issue with a game recently. It was originally designed for a Windows XP SP3 and I'm currently trying to run it on Windows 11. Unfortunately, it kept crashing at various moments with nos real pattern, so I started to dig around for a fix. At some...
  3. Set back CPU affinity to default for an application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set back CPU affinity to default for an application: Hello !I have encountered an issue with a game recently. It was originally designed for a Windows XP SP3 and I'm currently trying to run it on Windows 11. Unfortunately, it kept crashing at various moments with nos real pattern, so I started to dig around for a fix. At some...
  4. How to change CPU affinity FOREVER?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change CPU affinity FOREVER?: I am useing 12 core CPU and i don't know why it only set to use core 0,1,2 when play games and that make my PC really lag sometime, take a month to find is CPU affinity problem, i change it to core0 to core7 but everytime i close and open the app it change back, I want to...
  5. How to change CPU affinity FOREVER?

How to change CPU affinity FOREVER?: I am useing 12 core CPU and i don't know why it only set to use core 0,1,2 when play games and that make my PC really lag sometime, take a month to find is CPU affinity problem, i change it to core0 to core7 but everytime i close and open the app it change back, I want to...
  6. How to change CPU affinity FOREVER?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?

How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?: Using the command "wmic process where name="mspaint.exe" CALL setpriority128" would set paint to a high priority but what if i want to set the affinity of paint, is there a command for program affinity?If not i know process hacker supposedly does the trick but i dont know how...
  8. affinity level CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    affinity level CPU: I have a program that starts running too much CPU usage. The last time this program did this it was on an over the top 36 core something or other laptop, I like to call it the Unicorn laptop. To solve the issue I set the affinity level down to 8 cores from task manager...
  9. affinity level CPU

affinity level CPU: I have a program that starts running too much CPU usage. The last time this program did this it was on an over the top 36 core something or other laptop, I like to call it the Unicorn laptop. To solve the issue I set the affinity level down to 8 cores from task manager...
  10. affinity level CPU

in Windows 10 Customization