Windows 10: W10 App CPU Affinity shortcut

Discus and support W10 App CPU Affinity shortcut in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings everyone I am hoping somebody out there can help me. I wish to create a shortcut for a .exe app where I set the CPU affinity to use 3 of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zpider, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Zpider Win User

W10 App CPU Affinity shortcut

Greetings everyone
    I am hoping somebody out there can help me.
    I wish to create a shortcut for a .exe app where I set the CPU affinity to use 3 of my 4 cores.
    I have tried using my old powershell batch that worked with windows 7 and I have tried following the tutorial on the windows eight forums, where you create a shortcut, but with no luck.
    Am I the only one having this problem or is there someone out there who has solved this?

Best regards

:)

Zpider, Mar 28, 2016

2. Bully Scholarship Edition Automatic Affinity

Lately I have been playing Bully SE, but it crashed within an hour. so I learned that I have to set its affinity to only CPU 0 but its really annoying to try to get to task manager to set it while trying to minimize the game temporarily. Can someone give
    me a code for a shortcut or batch file to do so. FYI I run the game from steam.

Grant Avery, Mar 28, 2016
  3. SarahKong Win User
    In Win 10, where can I find the "limit CPU usage during scan to x%" setting for McAfee Virus Scan?

Check the article below.

Option about program affinity maybe will work if you multiple processors.

https://www.technorms.com/46600/regulate-cpu-us...

SarahKong, Mar 28, 2016
  4. Zpider Win User

Anybody that can give me a clue where to start looking? *Biggrin

Zpider, Apr 2, 2016
Thema:

1. W10 App CPU Affinity shortcut - Similar Threads - W10 App CPU

2. Apps and shortcuts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps and shortcuts: when I open apps and shortcuts from home screen of windows 10 it takes lot of time to open so suggest me a way to faster it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-shortcuts/e226289a-3b5e-4c91-beac-6f6c6855adfc
  3. How to set the affinity of an app to single core ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to set the affinity of an app to single core ?: Hi everyone, Recently I had this weird issue where my output sound is disgusting when the affinity of "audiodg.exe" is set to more than one core. I'd like to know if there is a solution to set the affinity of an app to single core without specifying which core ? Thanks...
  4. I want to set CPU affinity per RegEdit

I want to set CPU affinity per RegEdit: I've searched the entirety of the internet for an answer and it fucking blows my mind how EVERY response I could find totally avoids the actual question the user asked. Listen, I do not want to set CPU Priority, I can not use a third-party tool, I can not run a batch file or...
  5. Is there a way to pre-change a process cpu affinity?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a way to pre-change a process cpu affinity?: I've been playing a game, but it uses all my cores and threads making my computer unstable, is there any way to change the priority of the process before it even starts? I've tried using a key in the registry to change the affinity of a process, I've tried to use a "NT...
  6. Refunding an app that is not working correctly affinity photo

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Refunding an app that is not working correctly affinity photo: i have purchased affinity photo through microsoft store. Big mistake! I cannot install plugins to this program because it does not exist in my program files. I should have got a license key from affinity directly, but i had no idea that the program i had downloaded from the...
  7. Affinity Apps - Price Change

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Affinity Apps - Price Change: I purchased all three Affinity apps from the MS Store (Publisher, Photo and Designer) on 11/19 and less than a week later, all three were discounted by 30%. With a $150 total purchase price, that's $45 difference. Doesn't seem fair; Affinity would have provided a refund if...
  8. w10 100% CPU

w10 100% CPU: For the last few days the CPU usage of my windows 10 laptop, does not drop bellow 100%. It was working fine until roughly 3-4 days ago. When I look at the task manager, I don't see any specific program which causes that. In fact, even if it is only task manager running, it...
  9. How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?: Using the command "wmic process where name="mspaint.exe" CALL setpriority128" would set paint to a high priority but what if i want to set the affinity of paint, is there a command for program affinity? If not i know process hacker supposedly does the trick but i dont know...
  10. Apps Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps Shortcut: Is there a way to put a Windows app shortcut on the desktop? (Such as Microsoft Solitaire Collection) 93811