Windows 10: W10 attempts to update on my old computer and keeps restarting it

Discus and support W10 attempts to update on my old computer and keeps restarting it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For whatever reason my old computer prevents w10 to update. It stops my processes from running very frequently about every couple of hours. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaoloC5, Jan 15, 2022.

1. PaoloC5 Win User

W10 attempts to update on my old computer and keeps restarting it

For whatever reason my old computer prevents w10 to update. It stops my processes from running very frequently about every couple of hours. How do I stop W10 from updating, restarting and interrupting my current running processes since I know the new W10 updates will not take hold on my computer?

:)

PaoloC5, Jan 15, 2022
  2. Eric Ber Win User

W10 PC Keeps Restarting

Hi Dave,

A corrupted Windows system files after the update is one of the possible reasons why your computer keeps restarting. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Are you able to boot to desktop?

Meanwhile, you can try running your computer in safe mode and check if you will experience the same issue. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. You can follow the steps in this

link

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Jan 16, 2022
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Jan 16, 2022
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond W10 attempts to update on my old computer and keeps restarting it :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

1. W10 attempts to update on my old computer and keeps restarting it - Similar Threads - W10 attempts update

2. My computer won't start after attempting to restart it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won't start after attempting to restart it: While trying to get my computer to restart it had a screen up that said "press any key to skip checking drives" I accidentally pressed a key while moving my keyboard to try not to press a key and now when I press the power button it dings but my fan doesn't start and the...
  3. My computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps restarting: It starts up like normal but before it gets to login screen it says restarting and continuously restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-restarting/c7805fec-ec1c-4914-8409-67b0545a76c7
  4. My computer keeps restarting

My computer keeps restarting: It starts up like normal but before it gets to login screen it says restarting and continuously restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-restarting/c7805fec-ec1c-4914-8409-67b0545a76c7
  5. My computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. W10 attempts to update on my old computer and keeps restarting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 attempts to update on my old computer and keeps restarting it: For whatever reason my old computer prevents w10 to update. It stops my processes from running very frequently about every couple of hours. How do I stop W10 from updating, restarting and interrupting my current running processes since I know the new W10 updates will not take...
  7. W10 attempts to update on my old computer and keeps restarting it

W10 attempts to update on my old computer and keeps restarting it: For whatever reason my old computer prevents w10 to update. It stops my processes from running very frequently about every couple of hours. How do I stop W10 from updating, restarting and interrupting my current running processes since I know the new W10 updates will not take...
  8. Windows update keep restarting computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update keep restarting computer: Hello When I was trying to download windows updates I got an error which I fixed with some google searches. But now when all the updates are downloaded it says install pending and the computer just restarts. When the computer boots up again it just keeps restarting every 3-5...
  9. My Computer Keeps Restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Computer Keeps Restarting: I updated my computer after not being able to due to low disc space, now it just keeps restarting and its been doing this for a couple of weeks. I used a external hard drive to get enough space for the update and I tried turning on and off again, but nothing works....
  10. My computer is restarting at an attempt to load an updated insider version.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is restarting at an attempt to load an updated insider version.: My computer is restarting at an attempt to load an updated insider version. I have a third party program on a thump drive that allows access to the troubled system. How can I restore my PC? Win 10 Insider....