Windows 10: W10: audio input+output clicking and popping

Discus and support W10: audio input+output clicking and popping in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, fellow computer-users. I've been dealing with this particular issue since I've built my PC a number of years ago. Yes, it is custom built, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CameronKane, Jan 27, 2020.

1. W10: audio input+output clicking and popping

Hey, fellow computer-users. I've been dealing with this particular issue since I've built my PC a number of years ago. Yes, it is custom built, if anyone could recommend the best way to show the specs of it that would be great, as I don't remember what is in it!

I work in the field of audio so this is a huge problem for me; every, say, 20-60 seconds, the PC outputs some kind of interference? that affects the audio... in the form of little clicking and popping noises that last anywhere from 1-5 seconds.

I use external gear for my input and outputs/audio interfaces and have owned about 3 different interfaces, but it still happens... even on the internal sound card. The thing is, this clicking and popping makes its way into the inputted audio as well. When I record any audio through any program and the hiccups happen, they mess up the recorded audio, and it turns out with clicks and pops, or tiny skipped portions of audio. This is extremely annoying, it ruins my recordings :

I've gone through a number of different troubleshooting options through the years but have always hit dead ends and nothing has ever worked. I have gone through my motherboard settings, Windows audio settings, latency and driver settings, but nothing is working. I don't know if I explained it well enough, as it seems to be another species of audio popping that other people have been able to fix because theirs is not my species. If that makes any sense. I'm rambling.

Please give me some guidance!!! I switched to Mac OS for a while since it handles audio like a dream, but I want to use my Windows machine!!!!!!

:)

CameronKane, Jan 27, 2020

2. No Audio Input or Output Devices found

After latest windows 10 update no audio devices are listed/

Looking in device manager - the audio devices all say working OK

But on bar at bottem of screen get speaker with red cross -- Playing audio - Audio trouble shouter cannot find any problems ..

Sound settings say - No output or Input devices found.

Have tried to re-install Realtek audio drivers for motherboard -- installed but no change

David_Bexhill, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Window 10 audio problem

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate, if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better:

• What is the make and model of your system?
    • What is the complete error message / error code on your system?

I suggest you to update the Audio inputs and outputs drivers and check if it helps:

• Click on 'Start' and type 'Device Manager' in the start search box and press enter.
    • Click on the “Audio inputs and outputs” to expand the list.
    • Right-click on drivers and update it.
    • If there are no update available, then go ahead and reinstall the driver by clicking on 'Uninstall'.
    • Restart the PC
    This would install the legacy drivers.If still the issue persists then I suggest you to go to manufacturer’s website download the Audio inputs and outputs and install.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 27, 2020
  4. W10: audio input+output clicking and popping

No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

W10: audio input+output clicking and popping

1. W10: audio input+output clicking and popping - Similar Threads - W10 audio input+output

2. Audio input and output issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio input and output issues: Hi I'm using MECER Z140 , I've installed a new windows but my laptop doesn't have audio input and output, I've tried installing new audio drivers but still no luck, I get an error message that says " windows found drivers for your device but but encountered an error while...
  3. Audio input and output issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio input and output issues: Hi I'm using MECER Z140 , I've installed a new windows but my laptop doesn't have audio input and output, I've tried installing new audio drivers but still no luck, I get an error message that says " windows found drivers for your device but but encountered an error while...
  4. Audio input and output issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio input and output is Missing

Audio input and output is Missing: Hello there I was playing game on my pc then suddenly the sound stops and the speaker shows redx you understand what I mean on right side corner in windows taskbarThen I try to troubleshoot with troubleshooting and updated driver nothing is solved Then I seen that there is an...
  6. Audio inputs and outputs, bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio inputs and outputs, bluetooth: Hi everyone, I've been having issues with my audio inputs and outputs. I use a msi b450 tomahawk max, 5600x Cpu, corsair lpx 3200 16gb, evga 2070 super (with the newest bios} since the motherboard doesn't have a Bluetooth card i had to buy an external usb bluetooth antenna....
  7. Audio Input And Output

Audio Input And Output: Is there any way I can sent an audio device's output as an input. As in playing audio and it going through a mic/input. submitted by /u/Shreksc00ch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kijzcr/audio_input_and_output/
  8. Audio interface to output and input

Audio interface to output and input: I have an external audio Interface (Behringer UM2) that connect so my PC via usb. What I would like to do is have the audio of the Interface redirected to my default output. But I would also like to have it redirected to the input (So that when I am on a call people can hear...
  9. Input and Output of audio on computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Input and Output of audio on computer?: Input and Output of audio on computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-and-output-of-audio-on-computer/07ff299f-b3f7-47de-9e48-ca85e949d358
  10. Audio Input/Output Issues

Audio Input/Output Issues: Hey all! Today is the 2nd day with my new computer that I built and I am having some issues with audio. I am running a gigabyte motherboard- which is great btw. BUT, I have 2 separate outputs for a microphone and audio. Is it possible that I can use my earbuds/headphones...