Windows 10: W10 Auto Updates: Any Truly Simple Method For Permanently disabling ?

Discus and support W10 Auto Updates: Any Truly Simple Method For Permanently disabling ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Is there any way of cancelling all W10 auto updating, permanently ? The party who has a W10 pc is totally non-technical, so it would have to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Robert11 Win User

W10 Auto Updates: Any Truly Simple Method For Permanently disabling ?

Hi,

Is there any way of cancelling all W10 auto updating, permanently ?

The party who has a W10 pc is totally non-technical, so it would have to be something
    Extremely Simple and straightforward. I'm not in their area.

No Registry modifications, etc. Foolproof to do, and truly simple.

Also, it should be permanent, and not the delay only
    for another 30 days I've read about.

a. Is there such a method ?

b. Re the latest auto updates; any problems, or relatively smooth ?

Just live with them, or...?

Thanks for help with this; much appreciated,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Oct 21, 2019

2. What is the simple method to Reinstall IE11?

Hi Buddies!

Please suggest me the simple steps to Uninstall and Reinstall IE11 in Windows 10.

Thanks.

PrabhakaranR1002, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Best method to disable Vista/Vista 64 driver signing?

Black Ice:

It's not a matter of "try". The bcdedit command is not fully consistent and reliable for some folks.

So far, to me, it seems the third choice always locks (disables) the driver signing. If that is the case for anyone who uses it, then that would suggest it is the more reliable and consistent method of the ones I've listed, anyway.

Thanks for your feedback.

crchickadee, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Best method to disable Vista/Vista 64 driver signing?

best way to disable driver signing: dont. you cant in SP1, and the performance and reliability updates for SP0 stop the permanent methods working.

The only way to disable it is to hit F8 every boot and choose the setting there.

if you want ATI tool to run, use the latest beta... it has signed drivers.

Mussels, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

1. W10 Auto Updates: Any Truly Simple Method For Permanently disabling ? - Similar Threads - W10 Auto Updates

2. How can I, actually, and truly permanently disable windows updates in Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I, actually, and truly permanently disable windows updates in Win10: I have an old piece of software that is happy in Windows 10 on a virgin install. After a few weeks windows updates and breaks the software. I need to permanently disable updates, period, into perpetuity. The disabling services option only works until a reboot and i cannot...
  3. How can I, actually, and truly permanently disable windows updates in Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I, actually, and truly permanently disable windows updates in Win10: I have an old piece of software that is happy in Windows 10 on a virgin install. After a few weeks windows updates and breaks the software. I need to permanently disable updates, period, into perpetuity. The disabling services option only works until a reboot and i cannot...
  4. How can I, actually, and truly permanently disable windows updates in Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?: Please instruct on how to permanently disable auto-update and restart for lab pc which needs to stay on unless told otherwise, operating system is Windows 10? I have tried other solutions which only worked partially or temporarily....
  6. Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?: Please instruct on how to permanently disable auto-update and restart for lab pc which needs to stay on unless told otherwise, operating system is Windows 10? I have tried other solutions which only worked partially or temporarily....
  7. Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How do i permanently disable auto updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i permanently disable auto updates?: Me computer constantly tries to "update" windows regardless of if the "update" works or not, it does this every time i turn it on and it makes booting up my pc take ages. Most of the time it says update failed undoing changes, but a few times it "successfully updated" and...
  9. Any way to truly disable updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to truly disable updates?: I have followed so many sets of instructions for completely disabling Windows updates. None of them work. Always, some day I wake up to a bricked computer. About 50% of automatic updates result in a login loop which I’ve spent 10 hours with support trying to solve and they...
  10. W10 Auto Updates: Any Truly Simple Method For Permanently disabling ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Auto Updates: Any Truly Simple Method For Permanently disabling ?: Hi, Is there any way of cancelling all W10 auto updating, permanently ? The party who has a W10 pc is totally non-technical, so it would have to be something Extremely Simple and straightforward. I'm not in their area. No Registry modifications, etc. Foolproof to do, and...