Windows 10: w10 BSoD after critical update (nothing works at all)

Discus and support w10 BSoD after critical update (nothing works at all) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So yesterday (15.09.2018) my brothers pc had a critical update, after it installed his pc bluescreens a couple of seconds after entering the login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RudolfsZF, Sep 16, 2018.

1. RudolfsZF Win User

w10 BSoD after critical update (nothing works at all)

So yesterday (15.09.2018) my brothers pc had a critical update, after it installed his pc bluescreens a couple of seconds after entering the login password. This happens everytime and after the update noone has gotten to the desktop.

What i tried:

• Booting in safemode
    • Using the cmd
    • Reverting to a previous version of windows (Failed)
    • Using system restore (Failed on 3 different restore points, also where i found out about the critical update)
    • Startup repair (also failed)
    • Resetting the pc with deleting the files ( try to guess... exactly it failed)

EVERYTHING I DID FAILED. Whenever it gave me an error message or something else it was always different from the last one. I havent even seen a single one of theese things i did fail on other computers that had problems. I have no clue what to do as i am unable to access the desktop. Currently i havent done anything to the BIOS and UEFI settings, and i havent yet used any external options such as the USB or DVD options.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is his work computer and he is unable to do anything without it.

:)

RudolfsZF, Sep 16, 2018

2. Making Crossfire Work and Optimization

Critical steps and file updated!

For those that had tried before, this will work now!

Dr. Spankenstein, Sep 17, 2018
  3. BSOD - Critical Process Died

Hi Tony,

The blue screen error with a stop code 'Critical Process Died' that you encountered can be caused by a recent update, device drivers that got corrupted or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What changes were made or what updates were installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Did you mean to say that you ran your device in safe mode when you said that you booted the device with only Microsoft Processes running?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to run the driver verifier. Driver verifier is an inbuilt tool in the Windows operating system, which helps you to test the drivers which may be corrupted. These corrupted drivers may contribute as to why you're getting a "Blue Screen of Death" (BSOD)
    or stop errors.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Sep 17, 2018
  4. wx8348 Win User

BSOD, Critical Structure Corruption

Dear Ztruker,

Thank you for your advice. I attempted the installation of the latest BIOS version as you suggested.

Attachment 103728

Unfortunately, after updating the BIOS version, I am still seeing the BSOD with the error of critical structure corruption with the computer. I have attached the updated DM log file, hoping that you could provide further suggestions.

Thanks again.

wx8348, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

1. w10 BSoD after critical update (nothing works at all) - Similar Threads - w10 BSoD critical

2. Critical process died literally nothings worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical process died literally nothings worked: Ive been dealing with this all day but my pc has had the bsod critical process died chkdsk hasnt worked nor the boot commands https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died-literally-nothings-worked/320fafa1-d6d9-4e93-a57b-f88c38b3cfaa
  3. Critical process died literally nothings worked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical process died literally nothings worked: Ive been dealing with this all day but my pc has had the bsod critical process died chkdsk hasnt worked nor the boot commands https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died-literally-nothings-worked/320fafa1-d6d9-4e93-a57b-f88c38b3cfaa
  4. Random Bsod "Critical Process Died" nothing helps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Bsod "Critical Process Died" nothing helps: Hello, for a month I´ve been having the problem of getting this random bsod frequently. I don´t assume its because of a program because I haven´t installed anything new, and for a long time it was going fine and my drivers all seem up tp date. I´ve tried chkdsk, sfc scan,...
  5. BSOD after the new W10 Update

BSOD after the new W10 Update: Hi, I am looking for help, my Home PC keeps getting BSOD for Kmode Exception Not Handledafter having installed the last W10 Update. I copied the minidump file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JLK2U_F3FXzIIXgLd254xXgYDFCL2Tcw/view?usp=sharing I already tried...
  6. BSOD after W10 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD after W10 2004 update?: Hi, I recently downloaded the Windows 10 2004 feature update and ever since this when I have been playing a specific game, I will randomly get BSOD with the error code irql_not_less_or_equal. I have tested my ram, hardware is pretty new and this only started happening after...
  7. BSOD nothing is working

BSOD nothing is working: A few days ago I went to use my computer and it had a blue screen with a stop code error. My computer restarted, and I logged in and within two minutes I got the blue screen again. This kept happening so i tried doing Microsoft troubleshooting tips for bsod problems....
  8. NOTHING WORKS AFTER THE UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NOTHING WORKS AFTER THE UPDATE: hello guys. pls help me im in very bad situation. After the last update I received and installed successfully nothing works anymore. not apps like chrome, steam IDM or even windows troubleshoot. It says that application not found I cant even install something! its so bad....
  9. Nothing works at all

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing works at all: So I just updated to win10 from win7 and it has given me nothing but problems. Here is a list of features unavailable (when I click them the explorer either crashes, doesn't respond at all, or gives a blank screen): *I cannot connect to the internet. *I cannot open network...
  10. Nothing seems to be working AT ALL

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing seems to be working AT ALL: So I recently upgraded my laptop and desktop to Windows 10, had absolutley no issues with my laptop, however last night 08/06/15 I upgraded my desktop as well (both were running windows 8 and had no issues with either). When windows loads up the wallpaper is just a black...