Windows 10: W10 caching

Discus and support W10 caching in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On all my systems I check the Resource Monitor > Memory tab from time to time. It is my impression that W10 does a lot more caching than the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by whs, Dec 19, 2014.

1. WHS
    whs Win User

W10 caching

On all my systems I check the Resource Monitor > Memory tab from time to time. It is my impression that W10 does a lot more caching than the other Windows. Even after little use I have a cache with appr. 3GB of stuff. What is your experience.

:)

2. How to clear the casche in W10?

How to clear the cache in my W10?

JIMMACDONALD, Dec 19, 2014
  3. How to clear the casche in W10?

the question was,,,"How to clear the cache in my W10?" fucken idiot,.,. answer the question vs. why?

gaborkarman, Dec 19, 2014
  4. usasma Win User

W10 caching

I have 10 in a VM and it's not used all that often. It has 2 gB of RAM assigned.
    That being said, it's not caching all that much, but the numbers are steadily increasing as Windows Updates are being installed

Started at a bit over 800 mB
    Increased to 1100 mB fairly rapidly
    Slowed down after this, but still increasing at about 4 mB/minute
    It varies a lot, but the 4mB/minute seems to be the average at this point.

And just after typing this, it seems to have stopped at 1164 mB

EDIT: It seems to be decreasing now, and Windows Update has finished installing updates.

usasma, Dec 19, 2014
Thema:

W10 caching

1. W10 caching - Similar Threads - W10 caching

2. As of today I cant log in to my w10 desktop pc.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    As of today I cant log in to my w10 desktop pc.: As of today I can't log in to my w10 desktop pc. The login password is not the same as the hotmail account. Message given is "user profile service failed the sign in used profile cannot be loaded". I am using the onscreen keyboard. There is only one user set up for this...
  3. Videos and photo trim W10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Videos and photo trim W10: There is a video that I would like to edit: a portion in the middle needs to be removed. I tried to use trim on the photo app but when the unwanted portion is highlighted, the rest of the video is removed. This is exactly the opposite of what I need. What do I do now since I...
  4. W10 won't work right with DVD drive HP BD MLT UJ240

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 won't work right with DVD drive HP BD MLT UJ240: The cited DVD-ROM drive works fine once recognized by W10. But most of the time I need to eject using the paper-clip insert into the eject button on the drive. Sometimes it'll work okay if I manually spin the disk and then close the drive. I have a second external USB HDD...
  5. Twin Drives Set up as Raid 1 format now show as Two separate drives following latest W10...

Twin Drives Set up as Raid 1 format now show as Two separate drives following latest W10...: Hi Windows 10 PC with twin hard drives set up in Raid 1 format (ie any saved files save to both drives). Separate SSD for C Drive which holds any programmes. My Raid Drives are both drive D and show as two separate folders named "Raid 1 (D:)" in the file explorer. When...
  6. USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10

USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10: I have a computer here who's USB ports have stopped worked...mostly after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 The two on the front of the case dont work at all. And the 6 on the back of the machine work for some things but not for others. Mice, drawing tablets and...
  7. WinRE/Recovery partition in W10 system created from MS-supplied media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WinRE/Recovery partition in W10 system created from MS-supplied media: I am rather confused by a 'heated discussion' I’ve been having in another forum , and wonder if anyone can help clarify matters for me. Every Windows 10 system I’ve seen (albeit not a vast number) has (unless people have deleted it/them) had at least one ‘recovery’...
  8. Autoroute 2013 in W10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Autoroute 2013 in W10: I've had a hdd crash followed by fitting a new HDD and installing W10. Then today I've had a system crash and have to re-install everything again. Autoroute 2013 (for the UK) installs but show an error message of 0xC004D301 and will not start for some reason. This is the same...
  9. Lenovo 700 80QD will not boot after W10 upgrade. Keyboard lights up but screen is black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo 700 80QD will not boot after W10 upgrade. Keyboard lights up but screen is black: I have a Lenovo 700 80QD that was running W10 OS 10.016299.904 on 2/4/2019. Computer has been trying and failing on installing updates for several months. It gets to the end and suddenly says restoring previous version. Computer was working on 2/4 and I went to bed...
  10. Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits: Hi guys, it's since CU update (fresh install) i have a issue with Icons cache.. It keeps rebuilding itself ! like every 2 reboot, when i go in a folder where's a lot of different type of files exe/jpg/bat/rar.... like my "download folder" all icons are blank then change...