W10 caching

Discus and support W10 caching in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; On all my systems I check the Resource Monitor > Memory tab from time to time. It is my impression that W10 does a lot more caching than the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by whs, Dec 19, 2014.

1. WHS
    whs Win User

On all my systems I check the Resource Monitor > Memory tab from time to time. It is my impression that W10 does a lot more caching than the other Windows. Even after little use I have a cache with appr. 3GB of stuff. What is your experience.

:)

2. JIMMACDONALD Win User

How to clear the casche in W10?

How to clear the cache in my W10?

JIMMACDONALD, Dec 19, 2014
  3. gaborkarman Win User
    How to clear the casche in W10?

the question was,,,"How to clear the cache in my W10?" fucken idiot,.,. answer the question vs. why?

gaborkarman, Dec 19, 2014
  4. usasma Win User

W10 caching

I have 10 in a VM and it's not used all that often. It has 2 gB of RAM assigned.
    That being said, it's not caching all that much, but the numbers are steadily increasing as Windows Updates are being installed

Started at a bit over 800 mB
    Increased to 1100 mB fairly rapidly
    Slowed down after this, but still increasing at about 4 mB/minute
    It varies a lot, but the 4mB/minute seems to be the average at this point.

And just after typing this, it seems to have stopped at 1164 mB

EDIT: It seems to be decreasing now, and Windows Update has finished installing updates.

usasma, Dec 19, 2014
Thema:

W10 caching

W10 caching - Similar Threads - W10 caching

1. W10 constantly changing file associations on two different computers.

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 constantly changing file associations on two different computers.: Hey all, for some reason, on Windows 10 Pro, I'm always getting file association/open with popups when I open the same files I must have associated dozens of times before. Has anyone else had this problem? Like for instance, I open all of my JPG files with the classic photo...
  2. W10 install taking forever, won't complete

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 install taking forever, won't complete: Hi guys, Got my self another weird one here. Decided to resurrect an old desktop of mine to give to a family member. When I was using it it was running W7, the only reason I stopped using it is because I built another system. I've whacked a brand new HDD in, replaced the...
  3. After latest W10 update, suddenly lost a lot of hd space

in Windows 10 Support
    After latest W10 update, suddenly lost a lot of hd space: Hi there, After the last Windows 10 update, I sudden lost almost 10 gigs of SSD hd space. Getting the message. I've tried uninstalling what bloatware I could find and cleaning the cache/recycling/temp files, etc. I don't know where this extra weight is coming from. Has...
  4. W10 - 1803 USB related issues

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 - 1803 USB related issues: Hi, My AverMedia Hybrid TV-Tuner USB is not working in 1803. I have tried everything, from Re-Install Drivers, Troubleshoting, Compatibilty settings and nothing helps. I think it is USB related because the App launches normally but when it comes to the point where the...
  5. Why can't I add desktop shortcuts to the Taskbar in W10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why can't I add desktop shortcuts to the Taskbar in W10 Pro?: Hi folks - In Windows 7 this is not an issue, but in W10 it really is - at least for me. I want to take some desktop shortcuts and place then on the Taskbar, but I am not allowed to"Pin" them. Been here: Cannot pin some shortcuts to taskbar Solved - Windows 10 Forums No go...
  6. W10 SmartPhones Discussion

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 SmartPhones Discussion: Is there anywhere on this Forum where one can discuss Windows phones...? T. 111770
  7. Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits: Hi guys, it's since CU update (fresh install) i have a issue with Icons cache.. It keeps rebuilding itself ! like every 2 reboot, when i go in a folder where's a lot of different type of files exe/jpg/bat/rar.... like my "download folder" all icons are blank then change...
W10 caching solved