Windows 10: W10 caching

Discus and support W10 caching in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On all my systems I check the Resource Monitor > Memory tab from time to time. It is my impression that W10 does a lot more caching than the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by whs, Dec 19, 2014.

1. WHS
    whs Win User

W10 caching

On all my systems I check the Resource Monitor > Memory tab from time to time. It is my impression that W10 does a lot more caching than the other Windows. Even after little use I have a cache with appr. 3GB of stuff. What is your experience.

:)

2. How to clear the casche in W10?

How to clear the cache in my W10?

JIMMACDONALD, Dec 19, 2014
  3. How to clear the casche in W10?

the question was,,,"How to clear the cache in my W10?" fucken idiot,.,. answer the question vs. why?

gaborkarman, Dec 19, 2014
  4. usasma Win User

W10 caching

I have 10 in a VM and it's not used all that often. It has 2 gB of RAM assigned.
    That being said, it's not caching all that much, but the numbers are steadily increasing as Windows Updates are being installed

Started at a bit over 800 mB
    Increased to 1100 mB fairly rapidly
    Slowed down after this, but still increasing at about 4 mB/minute
    It varies a lot, but the 4mB/minute seems to be the average at this point.

And just after typing this, it seems to have stopped at 1164 mB

EDIT: It seems to be decreasing now, and Windows Update has finished installing updates.

usasma, Dec 19, 2014
Thema:

W10 caching

1. W10 caching - Similar Threads - W10 caching

2. video card driver W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video card driver W10: how to obtain driver in W10 for saphire radeon HD4350 card in PC with AMD A8 processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card-driver-w10/b6526d8d-0411-44a8-9dd6-b8ee1042d77c
  3. Putting W10 already bought and on an old PC onto a new self build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Putting W10 already bought and on an old PC onto a new self build: Hi All. As per the subject heading. Is there any advice on how to do this. Old PC has a HDD new one SSD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/putting-w10-already-bought-and-on-an-old-pc-onto-a/b0226b60-b058-4d35-bd89-6dc9ebfa6d48
  4. M4A to CD audio - Nero on W10 ?? Anybody

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    M4A to CD audio - Nero on W10 ?? Anybody: Hi folks I Have a load of BBC R3 classical Music concerts recorded in M4A format. I want to put these on to Minidisc so I can play in car via blu tooth transmitter in the output of a portable MD (minidisc) player (car has Blue tooth receiver so no prob). Md's can contain...
  5. W10 Search: change "Best Match" result OR display "Apps" by default OR remove native apps...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 Search: change "Best Match" result OR display "Apps" by default OR remove native apps...: Today my W10 has upgrated to 2004. Until yesterday, I could press winkey, type "fo" and press Enter to launch foobar2000 (app). But now it's opening Photos ("Fotos" in my language), which is a default Windows app. How to fix this? I know I can type "app:fo" or "foo", but I...
  6. This happens when I update w10. So everytime windows updated itself. I fixed it by...

This happens when I update w10. So everytime windows updated itself. I fixed it by...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OnderGok [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j01vje/this_happens_when_i_update_w10_so_everytime/
  7. Should I switch to W10?

Should I switch to W10?: Hi I am a linux user, I want to play league of legends but my system sucks, I was able to play on W7 quite good on low settings around 100 fps. My system specs are Pentium g3260 CPU 4 GB DDR3 Ram 500GB HDD and R5 220. Should I switch Windows 10 or go with Windows 7. Regards....
  8. How to "WATCH" an email in W10 as per Windows 7

in Browsers and Email
    How to "WATCH" an email in W10 as per Windows 7: I'm trying to find in W10 Outlook how to "watch" an email as was possible in Windows7 Live Mail. * Note: I do not want to colour-code emails from a particular SENDER (I've read all the Help on that procedure). In 7 Mail, if you were in a particular email (in Inbox, Sent,...
  9. w10 2004 build, very sporadic connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    w10 2004 build, very sporadic connectivity issues: greetings, to start, i will detail my current hardware. ryzen 7 3800x, asus prime x-570 pro, 128gb ddr4 ram, asus rtx 2060 super 8gb, tp-link gigabit pci-e network adapter model TG-3468. my ethernet network consists of cat 7 copper flat cables, the switch is a netgear...
  10. Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits: Hi guys, it's since CU update (fresh install) i have a issue with Icons cache.. It keeps rebuilding itself ! like every 2 reboot, when i go in a folder where's a lot of different type of files exe/jpg/bat/rar.... like my "download folder" all icons are blank then change...