Windows 10: W10 caching

Discus and support W10 caching in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On all my systems I check the Resource Monitor > Memory tab from time to time. It is my impression that W10 does a lot more caching than the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by whs, Dec 19, 2014.

1. WHS
    whs Win User

W10 caching

On all my systems I check the Resource Monitor > Memory tab from time to time. It is my impression that W10 does a lot more caching than the other Windows. Even after little use I have a cache with appr. 3GB of stuff. What is your experience.

:)

2. How to clear the casche in W10?

How to clear the cache in my W10?

JIMMACDONALD, Dec 19, 2014
  3. How to clear the casche in W10?

the question was,,,"How to clear the cache in my W10?" fucken idiot,.,. answer the question vs. why?

gaborkarman, Dec 19, 2014
  4. usasma Win User

W10 caching

I have 10 in a VM and it's not used all that often. It has 2 gB of RAM assigned.
    That being said, it's not caching all that much, but the numbers are steadily increasing as Windows Updates are being installed

Started at a bit over 800 mB
    Increased to 1100 mB fairly rapidly
    Slowed down after this, but still increasing at about 4 mB/minute
    It varies a lot, but the 4mB/minute seems to be the average at this point.

And just after typing this, it seems to have stopped at 1164 mB

EDIT: It seems to be decreasing now, and Windows Update has finished installing updates.

usasma, Dec 19, 2014
Thema:

W10 caching

1. W10 caching - Similar Threads - W10 caching

2. Hyper-v W10 Pro OEM activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-v W10 Pro OEM activation: I bought an OEM activation key for W10 Pro and applied to host OS, activated the Hyper-V, installed W10 Pro as guest OS and tried to activate it with the same OEM key. As far as I understand, the OEM key is bound to the hardware and I'm activating it in the same PC, but an...
  3. Am I having a W10 Update problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Am I having a W10 Update problem: I bought a new Acer Aspire W10 computer 3 weeks ago. (It has an SSD if that matters). Anyway, when I go to check update, it says up to date, yet my winver is 1803. Shouldn't I have a later version. (It did d/l an update for 1803) Mel...
  4. Samba 4 and NAS / Windows shares on W10 and Linux servers / clients

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Samba 4 and NAS / Windows shares on W10 and Linux servers / clients: Hi folks there's a lot of confusion about how to set SAMBA up if you have any sort of Linux type system in the mix whether host , running as a NAS or in VM and Windows 10 mix. the best way is to do the following 1) Enable SMB1 on W10 -- while it might not be recommended...
  5. OneDrive problem on W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive problem on W10: On my desktop I run W10 with access to my OneDrive. I suddenly cannot open a huge amount of files on this drive. Default icons for the files are still displayed in Windows Explorer, but when I right click the icons for properties, Explorer says their file sizes on the disk is...
  6. W10 Support phone number for Trojan malware--SCAM??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    W10 Support phone number for Trojan malware--SCAM??: while surfing on MS Edge a pop up window appeared indicating that my Firewall prevented an virus attack that will impact passwords, bank statement etc. And to call number 1.888.616.8566. I *67 the number and called it and the individual indicated that they work with MS...
  7. W10 1809 to 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 1809 to 1903 update: Lenovo ThinkCentre E73, I have updated from W10 1809 to 1903 and the PC has now gone really slow and having issues with admin rights, I have chkdsk'd and scannow'd' but no issues found. Tried an inplace update in case windows was corrupted and get the message some hardware on...
  8. 0x80248007 Windows Update Error in W10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    0x80248007 Windows Update Error in W10 1903 update: Yes, I know, yet another Windows "feature update" error. Is there anything to be gained by blocking this update for another 35 days in the wild hope that MS will have resolved matters and the update will then be installed correctly? Alternatively, in what escalating order...
  9. Can't remove W10 packages - error 0x80073CFA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove W10 packages - error 0x80073CFA: Hi Some windows 10 applications don't work on my computer. They open for a short while and then close immediately. I tried to remove the package (Microsoft App Store) using shell command ; Remove-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe But received the...
  10. Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits: Hi guys, it's since CU update (fresh install) i have a issue with Icons cache.. It keeps rebuilding itself ! like every 2 reboot, when i go in a folder where's a lot of different type of files exe/jpg/bat/rar.... like my "download folder" all icons are blank then change...