Windows 10: W10 caching

Discus and support W10 caching in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On all my systems I check the Resource Monitor > Memory tab from time to time. It is my impression that W10 does a lot more caching than the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by whs, Dec 19, 2014.

1. WHS
    whs Win User

W10 caching

On all my systems I check the Resource Monitor > Memory tab from time to time. It is my impression that W10 does a lot more caching than the other Windows. Even after little use I have a cache with appr. 3GB of stuff. What is your experience.

:)

2. How to clear the casche in W10?

How to clear the cache in my W10?

JIMMACDONALD, Dec 19, 2014
  3. How to clear the casche in W10?

the question was,,,"How to clear the cache in my W10?" fucken idiot,.,. answer the question vs. why?

gaborkarman, Dec 19, 2014
  4. usasma Win User

W10 caching

I have 10 in a VM and it's not used all that often. It has 2 gB of RAM assigned.
    That being said, it's not caching all that much, but the numbers are steadily increasing as Windows Updates are being installed

Started at a bit over 800 mB
    Increased to 1100 mB fairly rapidly
    Slowed down after this, but still increasing at about 4 mB/minute
    It varies a lot, but the 4mB/minute seems to be the average at this point.

And just after typing this, it seems to have stopped at 1164 mB

EDIT: It seems to be decreasing now, and Windows Update has finished installing updates.

usasma, Dec 19, 2014
Thema:

W10 caching

1. W10 caching - Similar Threads - W10 caching

2. Dell desktop W10 home idling at night; internet prevents sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell desktop W10 home idling at night; internet prevents sleep: This machine is idle all night and I prefer it to sleep. It will do so in the normal way but only when internet service is interrupted, turn off ethernet, turn off router, etc. When internet is present the machine attempts to sleep in the normal way however a few seconds...
  3. Dell desktop W10 home idling at night; internet prevents sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell desktop W10 home idling at night; internet prevents sleep: This machine is idle all night and I prefer it to sleep. It will do so in the normal way but only when internet service is interrupted, turn off ethernet, turn off router, etc. When internet is present the machine attempts to sleep in the normal way however a few seconds...
  4. Dell desktop W10 home idling at night; internet prevents sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Will a W11 upgrade over W10 request a purchase if my current version is not activated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will a W11 upgrade over W10 request a purchase if my current version is not activated?: Hello,I am facing a tricky situation after the following steps that occurred within the last month:1. I ow a registered version of Windows 7 that was upgraded to W10 in 20202. All was working well until I decided to upgrade my hardware by changing MB, RAM and GPU.3. While...
  6. Will a W11 upgrade over W10 request a purchase if my current version is not activated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a W11 upgrade over W10 request a purchase if my current version is not activated?: Hello,I am facing a tricky situation after the following steps that occurred within the last month:1. I ow a registered version of Windows 7 that was upgraded to W10 in 20202. All was working well until I decided to upgrade my hardware by changing MB, RAM and GPU.3. While...
  7. W10, DNS Cache mystery CPU usage, and now I can't stop the service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10, DNS Cache mystery CPU usage, and now I can't stop the service: I am extremely livid right now.So DNS Client on Windows 10 has, for as far back as I can remember, had a bug that causes it to constantly eat up around 10% of my CPU forever after every time I reboot my computer. This matters a lot, as my computer has some kind of other...
  8. W10, DNS Cache mystery CPU usage, and now I can't stop the service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10, DNS Cache mystery CPU usage, and now I can't stop the service: I am extremely livid right now.So DNS Client on Windows 10 has, for as far back as I can remember, had a bug that causes it to constantly eat up around 10% of my CPU forever after every time I reboot my computer. This matters a lot, as my computer has some kind of other...
  9. W10, DNS Cache mystery CPU usage, and now I can't stop the service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits: Hi guys, it's since CU update (fresh install) i have a issue with Icons cache.. It keeps rebuilding itself ! like every 2 reboot, when i go in a folder where's a lot of different type of files exe/jpg/bat/rar.... like my "download folder" all icons are blank then change...