W10 caching

Discus and support W10 caching in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On all my systems I check the Resource Monitor > Memory tab from time to time. It is my impression that W10 does a lot more caching than the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by whs, Dec 19, 2014.

1. WHS
    whs Win User

W10 caching

On all my systems I check the Resource Monitor > Memory tab from time to time. It is my impression that W10 does a lot more caching than the other Windows. Even after little use I have a cache with appr. 3GB of stuff. What is your experience.

:)

2. JIMMACDONALD Win User

How to clear the casche in W10?

How to clear the cache in my W10?

JIMMACDONALD, Dec 19, 2014
  3. gaborkarman Win User
    How to clear the casche in W10?

the question was,,,"How to clear the cache in my W10?" fucken idiot,.,. answer the question vs. why?

gaborkarman, Dec 19, 2014
  4. usasma Win User

W10 caching

I have 10 in a VM and it's not used all that often. It has 2 gB of RAM assigned.
    That being said, it's not caching all that much, but the numbers are steadily increasing as Windows Updates are being installed

Started at a bit over 800 mB
    Increased to 1100 mB fairly rapidly
    Slowed down after this, but still increasing at about 4 mB/minute
    It varies a lot, but the 4mB/minute seems to be the average at this point.

And just after typing this, it seems to have stopped at 1164 mB

EDIT: It seems to be decreasing now, and Windows Update has finished installing updates.

usasma, Dec 19, 2014
Thema:

W10 caching

1. W10 caching - Similar Threads - W10 caching

2. Taskbar acting weird after waking W10 up from sleep mode several times.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar acting weird after waking W10 up from sleep mode several times.: Using W10 way back in November 2015, didn't have this problem until this year. The title explains my problem. If i put W10 in sleep mode then wake it up, the problem doesnt appear, but when i repeat that several times the taskbar starts to act weird. How does the taskbar...
  3. W10 Voice Dictation bar takes up too much space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Voice Dictation bar takes up too much space: Windows 10's latest voice dictation works well enough that I'm now using it to dictate drafts. Unfortunately, it takes up too much real estate on my on my 13.3" laptop. It is literally 1/2 the width of the screen. Worse yet, it can't be minimized, can't be resized, and is...
  4. External Bare Drive Enclosure for W10 and Linux

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Bare Drive Enclosure for W10 and Linux: Any recommendations for enclosures that will work with both OS's? 115832
  5. External Bare Drivfe Enclosure for W10 and Linux

in Windows 10 Support
    External Bare Drivfe Enclosure for W10 and Linux: Any recommendations for enclosures that will work with both OS's? 115832
  6. Will image composer run on W10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will image composer run on W10 Pro?: I've been running MS image composer on Xp and am looking to upgrade systems to a W10 pro. Is there a problem with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/will-image-composer-run-on-w10-pro/3c4f9c06-5735-4865-b5b2-81b356bcdef5
  7. Maximum usable RAM in 32 bit W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Maximum usable RAM in 32 bit W10: I have a DELL Optiplex 7010 which was bought with W7 32 bit OS. I used the MS free upgrade to W10 Pro 32 bit. I have recently upgraded to 8GB of RAM, however although 8GB is detected apparently only 3.5 GB is usable. I have updated bios etc to latest. Having read...
  8. W10, Theme, Pick Color, crashes to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10, Theme, Pick Color, crashes to desktop: W10 > All Settings > Personalization > Colors > Custom Color .... Crashes app to the desktop. Anyone else have this issue? Should this be posted elsewhere, or even at MS for this issue? D1id1hNBCeg 115694
  9. Can't open files stored in e-mail since updating to W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open files stored in e-mail since updating to W10: Before I had W10, I would store important e-mails in e-mail files. When I upgraded to W10, I still have the titles of the files, but when I click on them, they won't open. I've a lot of important info in those files I can't access, i.e. KEYS to programs. How can I open those...
  10. Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits: Hi guys, it's since CU update (fresh install) i have a issue with Icons cache.. It keeps rebuilding itself ! like every 2 reboot, when i go in a folder where's a lot of different type of files exe/jpg/bat/rar.... like my "download folder" all icons are blank then change...