Windows 10: W10 can no longer log into MS account

Discus and support W10 can no longer log into MS account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After using my PC for years, I recently started to have a problem with the Windows Store in that it wouldn't sign into my account. After following lots... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EvoluZion3, Jun 30, 2019.

1. W10 can no longer log into MS account

After using my PC for years, I recently started to have a problem with the Windows Store in that it wouldn't sign into my account. After following lots of advice, one of which was to log into my PC using local admin account, I can no longer log back into W10 using my MS account. When I go to settings > accounts > sign in with a MS account instead, after entering the correct credentials it just says "Oops something went wrong it was probably our fault, try again."

My MS account itself is fine - I can log into it using a browser and all seems well, and my laptop is still logged into it and all is fine. When I click on Devices I can see both my desktop and laptop listed. It's just something's happened to my desktop recently which is preventing me from switching back to using my MS account. I don't recall changing any settings which would do this. Any ideas?

:)

EvoluZion3, Jun 30, 2019

2. Change to which MS account I log in to

My W10 computer is logged into wrong MS account as admin. I would like to log into a different MS account. How can I do this?

kennethstrid, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

W10 can no longer log into MS account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

W10 can no longer log into MS account

1. W10 can no longer log into MS account - Similar Threads - W10 longer log

2. can't log in to ms account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't log in to ms account: message;you reached the limit for account recovery requesthow many times do i have to request for help,, because of i forgot the password on new account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-to-ms-account/8dbf29ba-f417-4856-8e07-ab64c8140846
  3. can't log in to ms account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't log in to ms account: message;you reached the limit for account recovery requesthow many times do i have to request for help,, because of i forgot the password on new account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-to-ms-account/8dbf29ba-f417-4856-8e07-ab64c8140846
  4. MS Calendar on W10 with a local account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Calendar on W10 with a local account.: I use MS Calendar on W10 with a local account. Today I went to review a time line and found my entries only go back about 6 months.I get the included popup. How can I retrieve my ‘history’ ?? This is not syncing with anything. It is labeled "Microsoft Account Calendar"Where...
  5. MS Calendar on W10 with a local account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Calendar on W10 with a local account.: I use MS Calendar on W10 with a local account. Today I went to review a time line and found my entries only go back about 6 months.I get the included popup. How can I retrieve my ‘history’ ?? This is not syncing with anything. It is labeled "Microsoft Account Calendar"Where...
  6. MS Calendar on W10 with a local account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Stay logged in to MS account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stay logged in to MS account: hello! I unchecked the netplwiz option to remove sign in after i start my laptop for my account admin but now every time i access my device i have to log in to my ms account for edge, etc.. and each time it asks me to verify my account by entering my password. How can i stay...
  8. Can't log into Admin account on W10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into Admin account on W10: Okay, so I just bought this Laptop from Wal-Mart. When i booted it up for the first time it already had an account made called "2628". There was a password already on it, so i tried it, and the password was the same as the username. Used this computer for a couple of weeks...
  9. Changed MSConfig settings and can no longer log into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changed MSConfig settings and can no longer log into Microsoft account: Changed MSConfig settings and can no longer log in to Windows 10 Earlier today I thought it would be a good idea to change my MSConfig settings from normal startup to diagnostic startup in hopes of speeding up PC performance. It told me to reset the PC and I did. Only now...
  10. W10 connections FROM and TO Ms accounts (Mix of LOCAL and MS accounts)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 connections FROM and TO Ms accounts (Mix of LOCAL and MS accounts): Hi there Using SIMPLE / standard File sharing connections and all computers in the LAN on the same network name e.g WORKGROUP. confusion seems rife over what user names to use when connecting to SHARES TO or FROM a machine logged on with an MS account from a machine...