Windows 10: W10 Cortana no longer provides a "power"

Discus and support W10 Cortana no longer provides a "power" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Up until now (I think) Cortana provided a "power" choice... once clicked I could select "restart" and my PC would power down and restart. I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Frank Babz, Oct 24, 2019.

1. W10 Cortana no longer provides a "power"

Up until now (I think) Cortana provided a "power" choice... once clicked I could select "restart" and my PC would power down and restart.

I do not know another way to have my PC power down and restart. Why did it change???

FYI I have ALL the updates installed. I have set Power & Sleep both to 30 minutes.

:)

Frank Babz, Oct 24, 2019

2. Hiding Facebook Birthdays from Cortana on W10 and W10 Mobile Preview

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, none of the steps that you suggested were successful at resolving the issue.

Further details:

* There were no reminders listed in Cortana's notebook or under reminders.

* The language and region settings are correct.

Metanoia11, Oct 24, 2019
  3. cortana and power point 2007

Hi, Kartik.

Thank you for posting in Community, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. What happens when you use Cortana?

2. Did you enable Cortana after setting language?

If you have not enable Cortana, I would suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you a response from it.

• Open Cortana
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window
    • Go to settings.
    • At the bottom of the window, you will see the 'Hey Cortana' setting that you need to enable.
    With the regards to the issue that you are facing with Power point, I would suggest that you re-direct your issue to Windows Office forum, click on the link below to do so.

Microsoft Office help and training - Office Support

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

W10 Cortana no longer provides a "power"

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

W10 Cortana no longer provides a "power"

1. W10 Cortana no longer provides a "power" - Similar Threads - W10 Cortana longer

2. Antivirus Provider that is no longer on the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antivirus Provider that is no longer on the PC: Hello, I have two different listings of an Antivirus Provider in Windows Defender Antivirus one being Kaspersky Security Cloud the other being Bitdefender. I am currently unable to remove Kaspersky Security Cloud keys in Registry Editor. I no longer use that Antivirus and...
  3. Antivirus Provider that is no longer on the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antivirus Provider that is no longer on the PC: Hello, I have two different listings of an Antivirus Provider in Windows Defender Antivirus one being Kaspersky Security Cloud the other being Bitdefender. I am currently unable to remove Kaspersky Security Cloud keys in Registry Editor. I no longer use that Antivirus and...
  4. Antivirus Provider that is no longer on the PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Disable cortana W10 Home

in Cortana
    Disable cortana W10 Home: I've followed instructions to change the windows search registry key but "Windows Search" key doesn't appear and if I try to add it, it says it exists already. Cortana is sucking the life out of this old machine so it needs to be disabled. How do I reveal the "Windows...
  6. Cortana no longer responds to "Hey Cortana"

in Cortana
    Cortana no longer responds to "Hey Cortana": Cortana can hear me, but she's no longer activated by voice and is instead activated inside a chatbox window. Where can I activate "activate Cortana by voice"?...
  7. Cortana no longer sleeps

in Cortana
    Cortana no longer sleeps: Hi Being handicapped I find using Cortana to shutdown/restart/sleep and it seems any other search very useful. Cortana has been working well for over a month now but all of a sudden it doesn't do what I ask but it just things for a while and then stops After even a simple...
  8. HDMI no longer providing sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI no longer providing sound: This was previous thread..... But never once does it state what driver?? only states "the driver" Is it the sound or hdmi or both? Jennifer Cha Microsoft Agent | Moderator Thank you for the additional details. In this case, we recommend that you uninstall the...
  9. Does Cortana No Longer Work?

in Cortana
    Does Cortana No Longer Work?: Since updating Windows 10 to version 1903 last week, Cortana no longer responds. The microphone icon is gone in the search bar which I understand is Microsoft's doing to separate Cortana and Search. I see the circle after the search bar which is the Cortana icon, and I...
  10. Cortana no longer working

in Cortana
    Cortana no longer working: I'm using the Harmon Kardon Invoke and for the last 2 weeks whenever I tell Cortana to "stop" it'll give me the response "Sorry. Something went wrong. Please try again later." I've hard reset the device a few times and nothing seems to work. I can't even tell her to stop a...