Windows 10: W10 Creator - display issue

Discus and support W10 Creator - display issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was having network issues with Creator so I rolled back. still no problems with 1607. I decided to clean install on a spare disk. All loaded except I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ruggb, Apr 11, 2017.

1. ruggb Win User

W10 Creator - display issue

I was having network issues with Creator so I rolled back. still no problems with 1607. I decided to clean install on a spare disk. All loaded except I can't seen any program windows. When I open a program it appears on the taskbar but I can't open its window. The display areo appears to be showing me that it is on display 1. It looks like it installed the nvidia driver in the install process. I do not have 2 displays but it is acting like it is displaying the window on another display.

:)

ruggb, Apr 11, 2017

2. Last update caused my Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 to stop working

Seems to me that it is a Microsoft issue, no? My version 7.0 was working fine under W10 until the Creator's Edition was downloaded.

BrianCardie, Apr 11, 2017
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Network problems

Hi!

On the W10 machine, go to Network and sharing center > Change advanced sharing settings > Guest and Public Profiles. Turn off network discovery for Guest and Public. Turn on for private and
    Restart.

For HomeGroup let the W10 machine be the creator of the home group. If W8 is already the creator, then you have to go threw the leave home group deal.

This is from W10 and W7 network. W8 may be a hole new issue if you are using the UEFI bios.

Teddy2016, Apr 11, 2017
Thema:

W10 Creator - display issue

1. W10 Creator - display issue - Similar Threads - W10 Creator display

2. display of w10 screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    display of w10 screen: Hi, I sent my laptop for repair and it came back with a setting that shows tiles. This way I am not able to see two windows at the same time. Please help me changing this. thanks, Naveen...
  3. W10 Creator pushing Mail Version 17.8104.42387.0

in Browsers and Email
    W10 Creator pushing Mail Version 17.8104.42387.0: I use Yahoo but would like to transition to W10 Mail Version 17.8104.42387.0 after updating to W10 Creator. After the W10 Creator update I did try to move Yahoo email data to Mail but ran into a roadblock which actually gave me pause to think. If I moved to Mail using...
  4. Chrome browser not working with W10 Creators update...

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser not working with W10 Creators update...: ...the browser just hangs on opening. Chrome latest version. Anybody else having problems? 82548
  5. W10 Home Creator's Update Diary...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Home Creator's Update Diary...: Just thought I'd share my experience with the v.1703 update that I just finished. For prep. work, I did two System Image Saves (bld. 14393.953 & bld 14393.1066) and a new System Recovery Disk. I also ran CCleaner until it could not find anything to get rid of. You can open My...
  6. Video Creator/Editor Software for W10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Creator/Editor Software for W10?: What's a good FREE video editing software that helps me import a recording of myself, so I can add an intro, and add text during certain stages through the video etc? Thanks*Smile 27491
  7. Latest Creator Update and Display Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Creator Update and Display Issue: Hello, Using an HP all-in-one with 23" display.Just installed the new Creators update and lost my personalized display settings. The display setting under Scale and Layout shows the correct percentage as before (I set it at 150%); however, I cannot see where to access text...
  8. W10 pro ISO media creator tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 pro ISO media creator tool: I am trying to keep a USB with latest build of W10 pro handy . I only have a much earlier build of w10 pro . I always like to have one in case I need to do a clean install on my laptop which was updated from win 7 pro to win 10 pro . However when I use the Microsoft site...
  9. W10 icons broken after Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 icons broken after Creators update: I did the Creators update to W10 today, but now the icons on the desktop are goofed up – they cannot be positioned near the edges, and if you try to move them there, they jump into the screen instead about 2”. And on the bottom, they can’t be placed more than about ¼” from...
  10. Creator update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator update issues: I had original installed creator update in VM and the update went fine. So i did an install on actual hardware the update didn't go fine. Upon first boot up I noticed all the icons i had pinned on startmenu were corrupt, so I rebooted system when system was back up, all...