Windows 10: W10 default photo viewer registry location

Discus and support W10 default photo viewer registry location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; W10 choose a default photo viewer doesn't let me select a program from my computer only from the app store. On top of that if I select my program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JWINFL, Jan 1, 2019.

1. JWINFL Win User

W10 default photo viewer registry location

W10 choose a default photo viewer doesn't let me select a program from my computer only from the app store.

On top of that if I select my program using Open With and set it as the default W10 disregards it the next time I open a jpg file.

According to the internet this problem has existed for a very long time and MS still hasn't fixed it.

Does anyone know the registry location(s) so I can manually change the default, as nothing else appears to work.

:)

JWINFL, Jan 1, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done W10 default photo viewer registry location :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 1, 2019
  4. W10 default photo viewer registry location

Set Windows Photo Viewer as default to open photos

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set window photo viewer as default and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Control Panel and under View by change it to
      Small Icons.

• Click on Default Programs and click on
      Set your default programs

• Click on Windows Photo Viewer from the Left pane and click on
      Choose Defaults for this program.

• Select all the formats available from the list and click on
      Save and click Ok.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

W10 default photo viewer registry location

1. W10 default photo viewer registry location - Similar Threads - W10 default photo

2. Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.: I am using the picture viewer in Windows 11, but I get the error message shown below because the picture is not located in OneDrive but is in my local Pictures folder. How do I change the default?C:\Users\name\OneDrive\Pictures\Camera Roll\Picture.jpgNo such interface is...
  3. Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.: I am using the picture viewer in Windows 11, but I get the error message shown below because the picture is not located in OneDrive but is in my local Pictures folder. How do I change the default?C:\Users\name\OneDrive\Pictures\Camera Roll\Picture.jpgNo such interface is...
  4. Where is MS Photo viewer exe located

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is MS Photo viewer exe located: Question raised previously by: mslacat2363 September 2019 Ian Hicks May 2020 We use an Electronic Document Management System EDMS for all of our Project Deliverables. This includes multiple different file formats, such as .pdf .dgn .docx .xlsx .jpg .png etc. For all...
  5. An App default was reset error it reset the windows photo viewer to default photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An App default was reset error it reset the windows photo viewer to default photos: Hello Sir, My name is Ronak Savla, I have windows 10 pro, I get an problem as I start my computer for some work, I see the default app is changed from windows photo viewer which I installed as an registry file and it changes to default photo app. Can you give me any...
  6. Where is MS Photo viewer exe located

Where is MS Photo viewer exe located: I have the same problem as mslacat2363 September 2019 I can attach a file to my data actually, just the file link, the original file remains on disk. My program needs to know what type of file it is. It uses: E = String260, Chr0 i = FindExecutablesFilePath,...
  7. Locate the executable file for windows photo viewer

Locate the executable file for windows photo viewer: I have a newsreader that wants the executable program name on my Windows 10 Pro desktop when opening .jpeg, .jpg files. In older Windows OS I could find the .exe file in a systems or systems 32 directory. Anyone know where Windows 10 Pro keeps this file ? (also, I dl'd the...
  8. windows photo viewer registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows photo viewer registry: my pictures won't stay open how do I restore the windows photo viewer registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer-registry/e78030a1-739a-4cd8-abea-40b8f2756484
  9. Where is MS Photo viewer exe located

Where is MS Photo viewer exe located: Sorry this is a bone head question but I am at wits end and googling the questions did not help. I have a brand new windows 10 computer. One of my programs wants to to know how to handle/display jpg's. Everyone suggests to me that MS Photo Viewer program included free...
  10. Change default photo viewer app

Change default photo viewer app: My friend did something on her computer the other day in which her pictures folder - the pictures are not pictures now, they have the default photo app viewer. How can I change them so she sees the pictures are pictures? [img] 103812

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 change default photo location registry